Windows 10: HDMI playback device not showing in Windows 10

Discus and support HDMI playback device not showing in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Many monitors support audio over HDMI, and they also come with a speaker or […] This article HDMI playback device not showing in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 22, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

HDMI playback device not showing in Windows 10

WinClub, Jan 22, 2021
  2. Riel Alc Win User

HDMI Windows 10 not showing in playback devices

Hi Inderpal,

For better assistance, we'd like to know the following:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you tried using another monitor on the same computer?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jan 22, 2021
  3. HDMI Windows 10 not showing in playback devices

My drivers are up to date and HDMI is plugged from my PC into my Monitor. HDMI isn't showing in playback devices, any suggestions?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Inderpal Dosanjh, Jan 22, 2021
  4. HDMI playback device not showing in Windows 10

not showing hdmi audio playback option

Hello Brahmanandarath,

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps. First check if “HDMI Output” is selected as the default device.

• Click Start and select Control Panel.
    • On the right hand side of the screen, under View by: click the drop-down icon and select Large icons.
    • Click Sound.
    • If you do not have the HDMI Output listed under “Playback” tab, right click in the
      playback window and select Show Disabled Device and
      Show Disconnected Device.
    • If the HDMI Output option appears, right-click HDMI Output
      and select Default Device.
    • Now the audio must be playing on HDMI.
    Also try updating the recent HDMI drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Click on the link below for more information on updating the drivers.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

You may also unplug and plug in back the HDMI output and check.

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

HDMI playback device not showing in Windows 10

1. HDMI playback device not showing in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - HDMI playback device

2. No sound showing in playback device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound showing in playback device: I checked on device manager and I have audio driver installed but I have x mark in my speaker, and I checked in my playback devices no speaker showing. I have no sound at all. I have updated the drivers and Windows, but my sound is not coming....
  3. No sound showing in playback device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound showing in playback device: I checked on device manager and I have audio driver installed but I have x mark in my speaker, and I checked in my playback devices no speaker showing. I have no sound at all. I have updated the drivers and Windows, but my sound is not coming....
  4. No sound showing in playback device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Headset not showing as a Playback Device

Headset not showing as a Playback Device: Whenever I plug in my headset it's detected, but the only playback device that I can select is my laptop speaker, I've already checked if its disabled in the control panel. Overall I can't find any solution to this problem....
  6. No HDMI Audio options showing in playback

in Windows 10 Support
    No HDMI Audio options showing in playback: I just updated a gateway lt4004u laptop from windows 7 to 10. I am trying to use a tv as a monitor via hdmi which is working but I cant get the audio to work. Ive tried updating the drivers, right clicking to show hidden devices, and disabling, restarting and enabling again....
  7. Headphones not showing up in playback devices [Windows 10]

Headphones not showing up in playback devices [Windows 10]: On my Windows 10 HP z400 workstation, plugging in headphones to the computer's front jacks does not cause them to show up in playback devices, even though disconnected and disabled devices are both shown. I have tried this with multiple different headphones (all of which work...
  8. Headphones not showing in Playback Devices

Headphones not showing in Playback Devices: So I've just finished installing the creators update and only Speakers are showing in Playback Devices. I've tried updating my sound drivers as well as selecting 'Show Disabled/Disconnected Devices'. I've also run the troubleshooter. Headphones do not appear as an option in...
  9. HDMI Audio playback device not recognised

HDMI Audio playback device not recognised: Hi everyone The issue i have is that when i connect my laptop to my tv via HDMI i cannot get any audio, the video works like it should. It constantly says "not plugged in" and is greyed out in playback devices. The issue is only when running windows 10, when i boot into...
  10. No HDMI audio playback device

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No HDMI audio playback device: Hello, I'm trying to understand how to enable HDMI audio on my Win10 Asus notebook (before buying a A/V receiver 5.1 *Wink). I think I should have a "Digital Audio (HDMI)" option, or something similar, in my Playback Devices inside Windows Audio control panel, but I...