Windows 10: HDMI port doesn't output to external monitor

Discus and support HDMI port doesn't output to external monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to output video to an external monitor from my PC, through the HDMI port. However it doesn't work... I checked with other cable and other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ranger_JP, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Ranger_JP Win User

HDMI port doesn't output to external monitor

I want to output video to an external monitor from my PC, through the HDMI port. However it doesn't work...

I checked with other cable and other monitor but same situation. On the other hand, I can output to same monitors from other two computers, so the monitors and the cables are not the problem.

These are the specs of my system:

Processor Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
    Motherboard Fujitsu FJNB04F
    Memory DDR3 16Gb
    Video Card: Intel HD Graphics 3000
    Model : Intel® HD Grap Processor: Intel® HD

Initially it came with Windows 7 installed.
    I remember I used the HDMI port once, but it was long ago, and before installing W10 it was W7.

After a few years I installed W10.

The port is not broken, I checked it, almost never used, I never smashed the PC in any way so no mechanical shocks. Where should I look..?

But now I could see that Intel's HD Graphics 3000 drivers don't support W10 !!
    Nevertheless, I have the drivers installed, as seen in Device Manager under Display adapters:
    https://prnt.sc/radsu8

So hardware-wise there is no issue. But maybe this driver is the culprit...?

Then how can I solve the issue? Any hints appreciated.

:)

Ranger_JP, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Minduse Win User

HDMI no output after update to FullHD monitors

Hello

My system:

• AMD Graphics Card
      • GPU : 912-V308-001 (or) R9 290X GAMING 4G
    • Desktop mid tower
    • Operating System Windows 10 64bit Update 1709
    • Video Driver version installed AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 17.12.2 Drivers
    • Display Devices that does not work with HDMI :
      • BenQ - GL2450HM 24.0" 1920x1080 60Hz
      • AOC M2470SWH 23.6" 1920x1080 60Hz
      • Philips 243V7QDAB/00 24'' 1920x1080 60Hz
      • AOC - G2460VQ6 24.0" 1920x1080 75Hz Monitor (currently using with Display port, does not work with HDMI)
        • The HDMI port works with 4k tv so I know it is functional.
    • Motherboard Asus - SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK2 ATX LGA1150 BIOS Version 2702
    • CPU Core i5-4690K
    • Power Supply Unit Corsair - Builder 750W CX750 or CP-9020015-EU
    • RAM 16GB
    Issue:

• One morning after regular updates my graphics card stopped sending signals to HDMI monitors that are bellow the resolution of 4k. The monitors, just shows no signal, when you uninstall the drivers sometimes, like once in 4 times it will catch
      the monitor, but if you restart the PC you will again get no signal. The monitors works perfectly with my laptop on HDMI. 3 Of the monitors are fresh from the box. The HDMI port works perfectly with my 4k TV. Tried switching 7 HDMI cables total. Reinstalled
      windows twice, video drivers several times. Currently using a display port for one of the monitors.

Minduse, Mar 2, 2020
  3. HDMI port , is it input/output/both?

Hello KenBugler_889

Thank you for participating in the Microsoft Community, My name is Miguel T. I'm an independent Advisor

Most laptops and computers only support HDMI Output ports

Miguelonky, Mar 2, 2020
  4. FS7
    FS7 Win User

HDMI Output

I have an HP Pavilion dv7-4070 Entertainment Notebook which I just upgraded to Windows 10. I have an external monitor which works fine via the VGA output port. I just bought an HD TV to use as an external monitor/projector which I am trying to use via
    my HDMI port.

When I set the tv to PC mode my display settings cannot recognize it and the tv does not detect a signal from the notebook.

What am I missing? Thank you in advance for any and all replies. -

Thema:

1. HDMI port doesn't output to external monitor - Similar Threads - HDMI port doesn't

2. Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?: Hi Community, here's the thing. I have two HDMI monitors, one conneced to an HDMI port and one to a DVI both give sound, even the DVI but I cannot make both of them give sound at the same time. Windows lists them both as one output source, and only the first monitor that I...
  3. Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?: Hi Community, here's the thing. I have two HDMI monitors, one conneced to an HDMI port and one to a DVI both give sound, even the DVI but I cannot make both of them give sound at the same time. Windows lists them both as one output source, and only the first monitor that I...
  4. Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 HDMI ports 1 output audio: HeyI have an Acer Swift laptop and I connected a USB-C extender that has 2 USBs, 1 USB-C and 1 HDMI.I have my TV connected to the main HDMI and 1 monitor connected to the extender with another HDMI to VGA extension to the monitor, however, when I have the two connected, the...
  6. 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 HDMI ports 1 output audio: HeyI have an Acer Swift laptop and I connected a USB-C extender that has 2 USBs, 1 USB-C and 1 HDMI.I have my TV connected to the main HDMI and 1 monitor connected to the extender with another HDMI to VGA extension to the monitor, however, when I have the two connected, the...
  7. 2 HDMI ports 1 output audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. monitor works with hdmi but not display port

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    monitor works with hdmi but not display port: recently my monitor (dell u2412h) started glitching with horizontal lines flashing on the screen on and off in a continuos pattern (1 sec off 1 sec on). then one afternoon i restarted my pc and the displayport wasnt working anymore. tried the hdmi cable, and that one worked....
  9. multi-monitors and HDMI output selection?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    multi-monitors and HDMI output selection?: I have a laptop with a second (USB) monitor that I am using for a video production. I take the HDMI output and it goes into a mixer for recording. The issue is that the display output sent to HDMI is not what I want. The W10 machine maps the displays like this: [2] - [1] [1]...
  10. iGPU doesn't output? [Mobo HDMI]

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    iGPU doesn't output? [Mobo HDMI]: I have a weird problem that only happened with Win10, my HDMI output from the mobo doesn't seem to work? My setup is connecting my GPU to my pc monitors and connect to my TV via HDMI because thats the only connection that works with it, but said output is already being...