Windows 10: HDMI port non-functional

Discus and support HDMI port non-functional in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the 12/12/18 update the HDMI port stopped functioning. I found a fix on the Intel site on 12/17/18. The port stopped working again on 12/24 and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SteveRichter, Dec 25, 2018.

1. HDMI port non-functional

After the 12/12/18 update the HDMI port stopped functioning. I found a fix on the Intel site on 12/17/18. The port stopped working again on 12/24 and I can't find a fix. What's up?

:)

SteveRichter, Dec 25, 2018

2. HDMI port

Yeah, Barbara, that would be it if it's the only HDMI port.

Have you installed the camera software? Be sure to read the instructions closely and follow each step. It may or may not have you plug into the port later. So read all the steps through first.

Greg Carmack - MVP, Dec 25, 2018
  3. erocker Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Dec 25, 2018
  4. HDMI port non-functional

HDMI Port Stopped Working

I generally use a second monitor via an HDMI cable while working. However, it stopped working today.

I checked these:

• Windows cannot detect a second monitor when HDMI cable is connected to the second monitor.
    • HDMI cable which I use works if another device is connected to the second monitor.
    • My computer detects my HDMI-to-VGA converter through HDMI port.

My computer runs Windows 10 Home with latest updates installed.

I suspect this is due to a driver error. How can I fix this problem?

yildizabdullah, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

HDMI port non-functional

1. HDMI port non-functional - Similar Threads - HDMI port non

2. HDMI port not functioning - tried everything from replacing hdmi adapter, updating drivers,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI port not functioning - tried everything from replacing hdmi adapter, updating drivers,...: Hello,The other day, my laptop Lenovo Yoga 9i simply stopped connection to my external monitor. I normally plug the hdmi in after coming back from my day out, and it just stopped working 2 days ago.I first tried replacing the dock station and HDMI, those two options didn't...
  3. HDMI port not functioning - tried everything from replacing hdmi adapter, updating drivers,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI port not functioning - tried everything from replacing hdmi adapter, updating drivers,...: Hello,The other day, my laptop Lenovo Yoga 9i simply stopped connection to my external monitor. I normally plug the hdmi in after coming back from my day out, and it just stopped working 2 days ago.I first tried replacing the dock station and HDMI, those two options didn't...
  4. System re-set to fix non-functional USB Ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System re-set to fix non-functional USB Ports: Hi all,My USB ports and a SSD card drive stopped working when jump drives/SD card is inserted. I get the message that the drive not recognized and give the format the drive option. These devices work on the other computers, so devices are fine. I do not think that there is a...
  5. HDMI port

HDMI port: when I connect the laptop to the tv through hdmi cable nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-port/18ca5c4a-adb6-4c0d-9970-21b3132930bb
  6. HDMI ports

HDMI ports: i am having a issue with one of my HDMI ports. i have two, but only one is working. i cant connect anything via that port. i cant use my second monitor. it just doesnt want to connect to anything....
  7. hdmi ports

in Windows 10 Customization
    hdmi ports: Each start of Windows 10 sends my ACER HDMI monitor signal to the other hdmi socket. Switching the plug is a nuisance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-ports/41449df5-318f-48d3-acbc-03773e97a2dc
  8. HDMI Port

HDMI Port: Is it possible to hook up a USB 3.0 adapter to a HDMI female port on my laptop by way of some device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-port/91340db1-1ef4-4b85-b00e-cf115a6aa5f7
  9. HDMI port non-functional

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDMI port non-functional: On 12/12/18 a Windows 10 update was installed with disabled the HDMI port on my Acer laptop. On 12/17 I found a fix on the Intel website that updated drivers and it worked. As of 12/24 the port is again non-functional. How do I correct this?...
  10. HDMI Port

HDMI Port: My HDMI port on my Dell laptop has stopped working after a Microsoft upgrade in April. It does not recognise it at all. Any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hdmi-port/88ad78b8-7c10-4bb7-a3d8-267ea9e451b0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdmi not functional