Windows 10: HDMI port not working since last update

Discus and support HDMI port not working since last update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Previously I have been able to uninstall the latest update to have it working again. This time I get the error "Not all of the updates were sucessfully... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Friscoe2020, Feb 7, 2020.

1. HDMI port not working since last update

Previously I have been able to uninstall the latest update to have it working again. This time I get the error "Not all of the updates were sucessfully uninstalled" and port is not functioning.

Tried uninstalling as an admin using wusa command. Did not work.

Any other way that I can uninstall the last upate? Or maybe Microsoft can fix this problem in the next update??

:)

Friscoe2020, Feb 7, 2020

2. HDMI Port Stopped Working

I generally use a second monitor via an HDMI cable while working. However, it stopped working today.

I checked these:

• Windows cannot detect a second monitor when HDMI cable is connected to the second monitor.
    • HDMI cable which I use works if another device is connected to the second monitor.
    • My computer detects my HDMI-to-VGA converter through HDMI port.

My computer runs Windows 10 Home with latest updates installed.

I suspect this is due to a driver error. How can I fix this problem?

yildizabdullah, Feb 7, 2020
  3. robj_77 Win User
    HDMI port not working

I have an HP Elitebook running Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

I have been installing the system updates and now my HDMI port isn't working and I cannot connect an external monitor. I have followed a few posts and have gone and re-installed my Intel display drivers and it has not solved the problem. Well, what I did
    was install an Intel app to check my system and it had me update 2 different drivers. I did not uninstall and then reinstall my display driver.

I really need that external monitor. Would love some workable suggestions on how to get my HDMI port working again.

Thanks

robj_77, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

HDMI port not working since last update

HDMI port not installed. Recent updates may be the problem.

Hi GeraldParkhurst,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. Which version of Windows you are using on both the computers? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    3. Do you see any error messages in device manager after connecting the HDMI cable?

This might have occurred due to some hardware conflicts or driver incompatibility issues. This happens if monitor isn’t getting any input from the currently selected source. To resolve this issue, I would suggest you to follow the
    steps mentioned below.

Method 1: Update drivers.

1. Make sure that the cable are connected with correct ends, output port of the laptop and the input port of the TV/External
    monitor are connected to the right port.

2. While the cable is connected
    open device manager. The problem may occur by the faulty chipset drivers and graphics drivers. Try to update the drivers and check for the issue.

• Press windows and R key together at the keyboard and type:
        devmgmt.msc
      • If you see any display drivers with yellow exclamation sign,
        Update the drivers.
      • Reboot the computer once and check.

Method 2: Change display settings.

1. Press Windows and P key on your keyboard together. You will see a Project option on the right side of the screen.
    2. Select Duplicate or Extend (depends on your requirement) and check.
    3. If it didn’t work, try to
      Change screen resolution and try step 1 and 2
      again.

Method 3: Disconnect and reconnect.

1. Unplug all the TV/monitor cables from the HDMI port.
    2. Unplug the power cable of external monitor or TV for some time.
    3. Plug the power cable back to the computer.
    4. Plug in all the HDMI cables to the computer /TV.
    5. Turn on the device and try Method 2.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

HDMI port not working since last update

1. HDMI port not working since last update - Similar Threads - HDMI port working

2. HDMI port not working after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI port not working after update: Well, it seems that this problem still hasn't been solved after years of occurrences... After the latest Windows 10 update KB5028166, my HDMI port no longer works. I successfully uninstalled the update once, but Windows has since automatically reinstalled it, and now nothing...
  3. HDMI port not working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI port not working after update: Well, it seems that this problem still hasn't been solved after years of occurrences... After the latest Windows 10 update KB5028166, my HDMI port no longer works. I successfully uninstalled the update once, but Windows has since automatically reinstalled it, and now nothing...
  4. HDMI port not working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HDMI port working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI port working after update: Well, it seems that this problem still hasn't been solved after years of occurrences... After the latest Windows 10 update KB5028166, my HDMI port no longer works. I successfully uninstalled the update once, but Windows has since automatically reinstalled it, and now nothing...
  6. HDMI port working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI port working after update: Well, it seems that this problem still hasn't been solved after years of occurrences... After the latest Windows 10 update KB5028166, my HDMI port no longer works. I successfully uninstalled the update once, but Windows has since automatically reinstalled it, and now nothing...
  7. HDMI port working after update

8. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: I have an HP Elitebook running Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 I have been installing the system updates and now my HDMI port isn't working and I cannot connect an external monitor. I have followed a few posts and have gone and re-installed my Intel display...
  9. HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI port not working: Hi, I recently unplugged my HDMI cable from my gpu (980ti), once I plugged it back in, the monitor didn't detect any signal. My computer can't find any other monitor, only my main display. Already tried to switch between HDMI cable but still nothing. the HDMI port itself...
  10. HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI port not working: Please can someone help me. I have an acer predator laptop which has windows 10 installed. My HDMI port used to connect an additional monitor stopped working and I can't figure out why. The Intel HD graphics as well as the NVIDIA graphics are all up to date but it is still...