Windows 10: HDMI Port On Acer A515 Always Stops Working After Windows Update

Discus and support HDMI Port On Acer A515 Always Stops Working After Windows Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello All, I have been having this issue for at least 4 Windows 10 updates. The problem shows up after a Windows Update is performed: my HDMI port... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CocoRose, Aug 22, 2019.

1. CocoRose Win User

HDMI Port On Acer A515 Always Stops Working After Windows Update

Hello All,

I have been having this issue for at least 4 Windows 10 updates.

The problem shows up after a Windows Update is performed: my HDMI port stops working, meaning no signal detected on my monitor. I was able to resolve it before but I can't do it this time.

Information about my PC:

• Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G-53MR
    • Windows 10 (up to date)
    • Graphic card 1: Intel UHD Graphics 620
    • Graphic card 2: NVIDIA GeForce MX150

Things that fixed in the past:

• Rolling back the Intel Graphics Card driver
    • Updating the Intel Graphics Card driver
    • Rebooting the PC around 5 times
    • Updating the BIOS firmware

Things I tried:

• Using a different, known to be working, HDMI monitor
    • Using a different HDMI cable
    • Disabling the Intel Graphics Card and leaving the NVIDIA one as the only card
    • Disabling the NVIDIA Graphics Card and leaving the Intel one as the only card
    • All the things that fixed in the past

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

:)

CocoRose, Aug 22, 2019

2. HDMI Port Stopped Working

I generally use a second monitor via an HDMI cable while working. However, it stopped working today.

I checked these:

• Windows cannot detect a second monitor when HDMI cable is connected to the second monitor.
    • HDMI cable which I use works if another device is connected to the second monitor.
    • My computer detects my HDMI-to-VGA converter through HDMI port.

My computer runs Windows 10 Home with latest updates installed.

I suspect this is due to a driver error. How can I fix this problem?

yildizabdullah, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Torn8do Win User
    HDMI port not working

Please can someone help me.
    I have an acer predator laptop which has windows 10 installed. My HDMI port used to connect an additional monitor stopped working and I can't figure out why. The Intel HD graphics as well as the NVIDIA graphics are all up to date but it is still not working. The HDMI port is functional as it works when booting into a Linux OS.
    Can someone please advise as to what could possibly be the problem

Kindest regards

Torn8do, Aug 22, 2019
  4. HDMI Port On Acer A515 Always Stops Working After Windows Update

Touchpad gestures not working on Acer Aspire A515-51G-56K9

The gestures on my Acer Aspire A515-51G-56K9 after I reinstalled Windows 10. My laptop had pirated Windows earlier and the gestures were working a couple of months ago but eventually stopped working. When I installed the genuine copy of Windows 10 the
    gestures stopped working. In BIOS the touchpad menu says to make sure l2c drivers are installed and unfortunately, they aren't and I can't find them for Coffee Lake processor in my laptop. Please help me resolve the issue.

Vanshat6_2, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

HDMI Port On Acer A515 Always Stops Working After Windows Update

1. HDMI Port On Acer A515 Always Stops Working After Windows Update - Similar Threads - HDMI Port Acer

2. HDMI port not working after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI port not working after update: Well, it seems that this problem still hasn't been solved after years of occurrences... After the latest Windows 10 update KB5028166, my HDMI port no longer works. I successfully uninstalled the update once, but Windows has since automatically reinstalled it, and now nothing...
  3. HDMI port not working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI port not working after update: Well, it seems that this problem still hasn't been solved after years of occurrences... After the latest Windows 10 update KB5028166, my HDMI port no longer works. I successfully uninstalled the update once, but Windows has since automatically reinstalled it, and now nothing...
  4. HDMI port not working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. HDMI port working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI port working after update: Well, it seems that this problem still hasn't been solved after years of occurrences... After the latest Windows 10 update KB5028166, my HDMI port no longer works. I successfully uninstalled the update once, but Windows has since automatically reinstalled it, and now nothing...
  6. HDMI port working after update

HDMI port working after update: Well, it seems that this problem still hasn't been solved after years of occurrences... After the latest Windows 10 update KB5028166, my HDMI port no longer works. I successfully uninstalled the update once, but Windows has since automatically reinstalled it, and now nothing...
  7. HDMI port working after update

8. HDMI port is not working after an update on Windows

HDMI port is not working after an update on Windows: My HDMI port is not working after an update on Windows. The update was on May 11th. I have tried to update the driver but it doesn't help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-port-is-not-working-after-an-update-on/3a71a7c9-eadd-4b2b-b192-3707687f17d0
  9. HDMI Port stopped working.

HDMI Port stopped working.: Earlier today there was an update that i did before packing my pc up and taking it back to my house, when i got home i found out my tv wasnt taking the hdmi signal at all. I checked with my gaming consoles and bam the tv lighted up with the games running but my pc won't even...
  10. HDMI Port Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI Port Stopped Working: I generally use a second monitor via an HDMI cable while working. However, it stopped working today. I checked these: Windows cannot detect a second monitor when HDMI cable is connected to the second monitor. HDMI cable which I use works if another device is connected to...