Windows 10: HDMI port on HP laptop isnt working/detecting by Windows 10

Discus and support HDMI port on HP laptop isnt working/detecting by Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello there, I am new to this community, since I released swtich from Windows 7 to 10. I had some isuess with Wirless connection dropping constently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sul3y, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Sul3y Win User

HDMI port on HP laptop isnt working/detecting by Windows 10

Hello there,

I am new to this community, since I released swtich from Windows 7 to 10.

I had some isuess with Wirless connection dropping constently and no Bluetooth dectection on windows.

I have managed to fix up by my own, but there is still one big problem which is the HDMI port on my laptop.

I have tried everything, even try to install all the drivers from manufacture;s website, still no effect and I had reinstall my windows due to these black and blue screen I was getting after installing the video card drivers.

Is there any solution or any fix for this isuess in the next updates or so?

Thank you.

Sulaiman

:)

Sul3y, Jun 2, 2019

2. HDMI Port Stopped Working

I generally use a second monitor via an HDMI cable while working. However, it stopped working today.

I checked these:

• Windows cannot detect a second monitor when HDMI cable is connected to the second monitor.
    • HDMI cable which I use works if another device is connected to the second monitor.
    • My computer detects my HDMI-to-VGA converter through HDMI port.

My computer runs Windows 10 Home with latest updates installed.

I suspect this is due to a driver error. How can I fix this problem?

yildizabdullah, Jun 2, 2019
  3. No display detected HDMI

Hi,

I am trying to connect my projector to my HP laptop with a HDMI cable but windows 10 will not detect the display.

I have tried the following:

Checking the cable on another device - works fine.

Updating device drivers for my graphics card (Radeon R5).

Uninstalling and reinstalling device drivers for graphics card.

Updating BIOS.

The strange thing is that connecting and reconnecting the HDMI cable enables the connection, as there is a pause and the projector appears in the device list of my graphics card but is not detected by Windows 10.

Both devices work fine when connected through the VGA port.

I have used the HDMI port before so this is also not the issue.

I can't help but think this is an update required for Windows 10 which may not even be functional yet?

Thanks.

MattWhite5, Jun 2, 2019
  4. HDMI port on HP laptop isnt working/detecting by Windows 10

HDMI Port Not Detecting Display

I have an HP Envy 15 laptop that won't connect to a second screen via HDMI.

I have reset the computer (twice) run multiple diagnostics and reinstalled the graphics driver, but the issue still persists.

The computer is running Windows 10 currently.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue, and if so how did you get the display working again? Step by step details would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

DavidThompson21, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

HDMI port on HP laptop isnt working/detecting by Windows 10

1. HDMI port on HP laptop isnt working/detecting by Windows 10 - Similar Threads - HDMI port laptop

2. HDMI ports not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI ports not working: so, i have 2 HDMI ports, and only one of them works. However, it seems that it switches? so that means that one day, port number 1 is the port that is working, and when i unplug my screen and plug it back in, its port number 2 thats working. well, it only happens if i unplug...
  3. Windows 10 HDMI port not working

Windows 10 HDMI port not working: Today my hdmi stopped working after a windows update my laptop is Dell Latitude 7490, I did a lot of research and couldn't find a good solution for it. I updated all drivers and nothing. So I finally updated the firmware and guess what, it worked!. My question is, why...
  4. PC ports isnt working.

PC ports isnt working.: I've seen multiple people with the same problem but none have gotten a real solution. What's wrong? Here it goes, i left my pc power on overnight so my usb ports were charging headset and mouse. The next day i try to login to my pc and the mouse, keyboard was working...
  5. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: I have Windows 10. When I try and connect to my TV using an HDMI cable, nothing comes up on the TV. I have checked the cable with my other laptop and it works just fine. How do I check and update/install HDMI drivers on my laptop?...
  6. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: I have an HP Elitebook running Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 I have been installing the system updates and now my HDMI port isn't working and I cannot connect an external monitor. I have followed a few posts and have gone and re-installed my Intel display...
  7. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: Hey, I recently bought a monitor. but the problem is that the HDMI is not working, the cable is probably fine and everything is plugged in like it should but it doesn't detect my monitor. can anyone help me please?...
  8. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: Hi there, I installed an update this morning and now my HDMI port doesn't appear to be working. I've used the VGA connection to the monitor so it's not the monitor, but I can't eliminate that it's not the HDMI cord, but I doubt it is. Can you please advise how I reverse the...
  9. HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI port not working: Hi, I recently unplugged my HDMI cable from my gpu (980ti), once I plugged it back in, the monitor didn't detect any signal. My computer can't find any other monitor, only my main display. Already tried to switch between HDMI cable but still nothing. the HDMI port itself...
  10. HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI port not working: Please can someone help me. I have an acer predator laptop which has windows 10 installed. My HDMI port used to connect an additional monitor stopped working and I can't figure out why. The Intel HD graphics as well as the NVIDIA graphics are all up to date but it is still...