Windows 10: hdmi ports

Discus and support hdmi ports in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Each start of Windows 10 sends my ACER HDMI monitor signal to the other hdmi socket. Switching the plug is a nuisance.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KenHammer2, Oct 5, 2020.

1. hdmi ports

Each start of Windows 10 sends my ACER HDMI monitor signal to the other hdmi socket. Switching the plug is a nuisance.

:)

KenHammer2, Oct 5, 2020

2. HDMI port

Yeah, Barbara, that would be it if it's the only HDMI port.

Have you installed the camera software? Be sure to read the instructions closely and follow each step. It may or may not have you plug into the port later. So read all the steps through first.

Greg Carmack - MVP, Oct 5, 2020
  3. erocker Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Oct 5, 2020
  4. hdmi ports

windows 10 wont recognize hdmi port

Hi Fred,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

This issue could be due to the HDMI driver is outdated. Let’s try the simple troubleshooting method below provided and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run Hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.
    And also I suggest you to update HDMI driver from the below provided steps.

Method 2.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on “Device Manager”.

• Expand “ports”.

• Right click on the HDMI device and select
      update.

• Once update is done, restart the computer.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

hdmi ports

1. hdmi ports - Similar Threads - hdmi ports

2. Samsung Monitor not working with satechi HDMI-to-usbc port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Samsung Monitor not working with satechi HDMI-to-usbc port: Hi, I have recently installed two Samsung Odissey 240Hz monitors to connect them to a Lenovo Laptop. Since the laptop has a single HDMI port I bought a Satechi Port. The monitor connected directly to the laptop HDMI port works fine, but if I try to connect it through the port...
  3. Samsung Monitor not working with satechi HDMI-to-usbc port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Samsung Monitor not working with satechi HDMI-to-usbc port: Hi, I have recently installed two Samsung Odissey 240Hz monitors to connect them to a Lenovo Laptop. Since the laptop has a single HDMI port I bought a Satechi Port. The monitor connected directly to the laptop HDMI port works fine, but if I try to connect it through the port...
  4. I'm not able to display dual monitors and the usb port is not recognising the HDMI adaptor...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm not able to display dual monitors and the usb port is not recognising the HDMI adaptor...: I can't display dual monitors on Window 11 new laptop HDMI is not recognised as a display. Need help or advise please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-not-able-to-display-dual-monitors-and-the-usb/06552d05-45e4-4fcd-ae18-a27df57f9edd
  5. I'm not able to display dual monitors and the usb port is not recognising the HDMI adaptor...

I'm not able to display dual monitors and the usb port is not recognising the HDMI adaptor...: I can't display dual monitors on Window 11 new laptop HDMI is not recognised as a display. Need help or advise please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-not-able-to-display-dual-monitors-and-the-usb/06552d05-45e4-4fcd-ae18-a27df57f9edd
  6. Reasons for HDMI Port failing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reasons for HDMI Port failing?: I have a Lenovo thinkpad X1 carbon and I'm on most recent version of windows 10. I can't get my laptop to display to an external monitor via HDMI. To eliminate whether or not it is the cable, I have tried multiple cables. To eliminate whether or not it is the monitor, I have...
  7. Reasons for HDMI Port failing?

Reasons for HDMI Port failing?: I have a Lenovo thinkpad X1 carbon and I'm on most recent version of windows 10. I can't get my laptop to display to an external monitor via HDMI. To eliminate whether or not it is the cable, I have tried multiple cables. To eliminate whether or not it is the monitor, I have...
  8. hdmi port not working after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdmi port not working after windows 10 update: Solution is to un-install the January 2024 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-port-not-working-after-windows-10-update/0b531f1d-cfbf-4c4f-b4cf-5b7e586069cb
  9. hdmi port not working after windows 10 update

hdmi port not working after windows 10 update: Solution is to un-install the January 2024 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-port-not-working-after-windows-10-update/0b531f1d-cfbf-4c4f-b4cf-5b7e586069cb
  10. hdmi port not working after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade