Windows 10: HDMI Sound from Laptop Does Not Work on the TV

Discus and support HDMI Sound from Laptop Does Not Work on the TV in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear MSCSMy sound from my laptop does not work through my TV connected via the HDMI Cable, though I have a perfect picture.My laptop is a Dell XPS 17... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jeffrey Timothy Valerie, Oct 9, 2022.

1. HDMI Sound from Laptop Does Not Work on the TV

Dear MSCSMy sound from my laptop does not work through my TV connected via the HDMI Cable, though I have a perfect picture.My laptop is a Dell XPS 17 L702X upgraded to Win10 and the drivers for the sound that it has, are:High Definition Audio DeviceRealtek Audio - works with the microphone and Stereo Mix drivers in the Audio in-output section.For the displayIntel R HD Graphics 3000NVIDIA GeForce GT 550MThe TV is a 1st-2nd generation Samsung flat screen 44-45in Not SmartTV.4 HDMI portsUSB PortOn my laptop, I have to press keyboard keys Fn-F1 which offers a menu option of where I would like

:)

Jeffrey Timothy Valerie, Oct 9, 2022

2. Laptop to TV, Windows 10, HDMI, No sound

Hello,

When I connect my laptop (Windows 10) to TV using HDMI, I can get the video, but no sound.

I tried various solutions listed on internet and Microsoft community, like updating drivers, looking for disconnected or disabled HDMI/TV, etc.

I do not see TV/HDMI in sound control panel under soundplay back devices. TV/HDMI does not show as sound output option. Could this be a problem?

Sound and display graphic drivers are updated.

I will appreciate you help.

Thanks,

Verma

AKVerma_71, Oct 9, 2022
  3. Trainey Win User
    HDMI not working on tv

I'm hoping one of you can help me with this. I just bought a new ASUS Laptop BR1100 (BR1100FKA-BP0548R). My problem is that when I try to connect to a smart tv using HDMI, it's not working. The problem is not the cord because when I used my Microsoft laptop, I was able to connect to the TV. Also, when I tried to connect to another tv using the same steps, the HDMI worked (so the HDMI port is also working). I'm really having a hard time trying to figure this out so I'm looking forward to your suggestions on what I should do.

Trainey, Oct 9, 2022
  4. HDMI Sound from Laptop Does Not Work on the TV

Split screen with sound on Laptop and TV through HDMI

HEY WILFREDO, you say this:

We show you an example, keep in mind that depending on your operating system and sound card, the images may vary, but the steps are very similar.

WHERE IS THE EXAMPLE ????????

The HDMI audio there in settings is already enabled by default as I have seen on all PC's I connected to TV's via HDMI.

You must not read the question.

They state that they already have SOUND out of the TV through HDMI or speakers on laptop for the video on TV.

Such as playing a Video on a media player/web page on TV via HDMI, there is sound.

And then playing another video on another media player/web page on the main laptop screen and they have no sound, as they should if I am not mistaken. But possibly not. Kind of like plugging in USB speakers, now your other speakers do not work as you have
    to switch to USB as default speakers.

I get sound from every program no matter how many monitors are connected and what is playing what per display.

But probably this Laptop, you are going to get sound from both at one time on speakers or sound with HDMI on TV and possibly not on laptop. The HDMI sound enabled for TV could disable the sound for laptop speakers.

I am going to bed. I have 3 monitors and 1 TV connected HDMI to my PC. I will double check tomorrow, But I have a PC with Vinyl-VIA HD AUDIO and 5.1 surround sound speakers and not a limited laptop. There are many possibilities depending on your hardware
    of video and audio and then configurations.

OP, is the sound coming out of the TV or the Laptop speakers while playing the video on the TV. Give me that info and i will check tomorrow. Because I know for a fact you can drag a video to the TV and have sound out of the PC speakers connected
    HDMI and another video playing on PC and have sound for that too. But who watches 2 programs with 2 sounds going.

So I have never tried getting sound out of TV speakers via HDMI and sound out of PC speakers for a 2nd video playing the same time on PC.

Seahawks_1965, Oct 9, 2022
Thema:

HDMI Sound from Laptop Does Not Work on the TV

1. HDMI Sound from Laptop Does Not Work on the TV - Similar Threads - HDMI Sound Laptop

2. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  3. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  4. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No HDMI Sound From TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No HDMI Sound From TV: Hello, I have a Lenovo Slim 7 16IAH7 laptop and when I connect an HDMI cable all I get is video no audio. Audio comes from the laptop and not the TV. When I go to sound settings no HDMI Devices appear. I have updated my graphics driver and other drivers. I have checked for...
  6. No HDMI Sound From TV

No HDMI Sound From TV: Hello, I have a Lenovo Slim 7 16IAH7 laptop and when I connect an HDMI cable all I get is video no audio. Audio comes from the laptop and not the TV. When I go to sound settings no HDMI Devices appear. I have updated my graphics driver and other drivers. I have checked for...
  7. HDMI Sound from Laptop Does Not Work on the TV

HDMI Sound from Laptop Does Not Work on the TV: Dear MSCSMy sound from my laptop does not work through my TV connected via the HDMI Cable, though I have a perfect picture.My laptop is a Dell XPS 17 L702X upgraded to Win10 and the drivers for the sound that it has, are:High Definition Audio DeviceRealtek Audio - works with...
  8. HDMI Sound from Laptop Does Not Work on the TV

HDMI Sound from Laptop Does Not Work on the TV: Dear MSCSMy sound from my laptop does not work through my TV connected via the HDMI Cable, though I have a perfect picture.My laptop is a Dell XPS 17 L702X upgraded to Win10 and the drivers for the sound that it has, are:High Definition Audio DeviceRealtek Audio - works with...
  9. No sound from TV with HDMI cable

No sound from TV with HDMI cable: Hello everyone, I've built a desktop recently and everything is working properly until I connect it to my TV. Basically, I have no sound, even though the TV is properly detected by Windows. I have no problems whatsoever when my desktop is connected to my Lenovo high refresh...
  10. HDMI no sound on TV

HDMI no sound on TV: the audio from my computer doesn't play on the TV with my HDMI cord. It worked a few days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-no-sound-on-tv/46d8c4ec-ed5d-4022-8c9d-6af70522895b