Windows 10: HDMI sound from PVR is missing

Discus and support HDMI sound from PVR is missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After 2 system restores, the sound to the internal speakers has returned. It seems to me that there are some settings in the playback devices screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by skins88, Sep 5, 2015.

1. skins88 Win User

HDMI sound from PVR is missing

After 2 system restores, the sound to the internal speakers has returned. It seems to me that there are some settings in the playback devices screen that determine whether I get sound via headphones or internal speakers. I'm just not sure yet which ones do exactly what. I have now set a restore point so I can get back to internal speaker sound if I lose that a 3rd time. Seems like it is a registry setting & once changed there is no changing back except by system restore. It seems that the playback drivers do not understand what the OMNI 27 ports are supposed to be doing, as I don't think I should ever lose internal speaker sound just because I use the headphones. I expected the internal speakers to resume after unplugging the headphones, but no, without the headphones the system had no sound out at all. Thanks to system restore to get internal speakers back on, but where are the settings to actually control all the playback devices sensibly ?
    All this did nothing for my original difficulty, there is still no sound via the PVR. The PVR is supplied by our local phone company & it seems to be a CISCO CIS430, & I have no control over it's software or firmware as I do not own it - it is supplied & maintained by the phone company. I will try changing the windows fast start up & see what that does ... thanks !!

skins88, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

HDMI sound from PVR is missing

1. HDMI sound from PVR is missing - Similar Threads - HDMI sound PVR

2. No HDMI Sound From TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No HDMI Sound From TV: Hello, I have a Lenovo Slim 7 16IAH7 laptop and when I connect an HDMI cable all I get is video no audio. Audio comes from the laptop and not the TV. When I go to sound settings no HDMI Devices appear. I have updated my graphics driver and other drivers. I have checked for...
  3. No HDMI Sound From TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No HDMI Sound From TV: Hello, I have a Lenovo Slim 7 16IAH7 laptop and when I connect an HDMI cable all I get is video no audio. Audio comes from the laptop and not the TV. When I go to sound settings no HDMI Devices appear. I have updated my graphics driver and other drivers. I have checked for...
  4. No sound from TV with HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound from TV with HDMI cable: Hello everyone, I've built a desktop recently and everything is working properly until I connect it to my TV. Basically, I have no sound, even though the TV is properly detected by Windows. I have no problems whatsoever when my desktop is connected to my Lenovo high refresh...
  5. HDMI Sound

HDMI Sound: hello. my audio doesnt play on the tv when i connect with hdmi cable, it keeps playing at my laptop. how to solve this ya? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-sound/48f82785-6f0d-4465-b1e2-3416911e854d
  6. No sound from HDMI connected monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound from HDMI connected monitor: The sound quit working on my HDMI connected monitor. It says headphone or speaker unplugged. I'm pretty sure some update caused it. I have a Dell Inspiron Desktop....
  7. HDMI/No sound

HDMI/No sound: How is it possible that so many people can have the same problem, write in this forum so many times and I can't find a fix answer. Device connected with HDMI cord will not show up in the "sounds" as an option to be selected....
  8. New Monitor No Sound from HDMI

New Monitor No Sound from HDMI: Just got a new monitor today, Samsung S24D300HL which I have plugged into my Nvidia Geforce GTX 745 video card via HDMI. Picture is great no problems there. However I have no sound at all. I've updated my graphics driver via Nvidia Experience program version 361.43 I've...
  9. Hauppage PVR USB2 no sound

Hauppage PVR USB2 no sound: I have a hauppauge PVR USB2 card. I was happy to see the Vista driver installing on my Win10 x64, but when I finally connected the cable, I discovered that I have no sound. Any other having this card ? 42247
  10. HDMI sound missing

HDMI sound missing: So far I've managed to screw the HDMI sound option from the volume menu and the sound control panel. I was trying to switch between to the motherboard sound option from the GPU card HDMI sound option and clicked on disable on the mixer panel from the sound control task-bar....