Windows 10: HDMI sound have 5.1 sound selected but only stereo is being played

Discus and support HDMI sound have 5.1 sound selected but only stereo is being played in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I am running hdmi from windows 10 pc to a marantz integrated amp via hdmi. I have selected 5.1 sound but in all movies, it is only outputting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DarienH, Dec 6, 2020.

1. DarienH Win User

HDMI sound have 5.1 sound selected but only stereo is being played

Hello. I am running hdmi from windows 10 pc to a marantz integrated amp via hdmi. I have selected 5.1 sound but in all movies, it is only outputting in stereo. In the test, all channels work. My sound driver is intel. Ive tried all the different sample rates.

Any ideas? Thanks.

:)

DarienH, Dec 6, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Dec 6, 2020
  3. No sound playing

Hi LangLan121,

You may need to tell Windows to send the sound to the HDMI output after you have connected the HDMI cable to the device with the speakers.

Try the following steps (the labels may vary between languages and computer brands):

1. Connect the HDMI cable to your computer and to the device with the speakers
    2. Right-click the Volume icon on the taskbar, and then select Sounds or Playback Devices.
    3. The Sound window should open. On the Playback tab, select Speaker/Headphone or Speakers and Headphones, and then click Set Default.
    4. Select the output device connected with the HDMI cable, and then click Set Default.
    5. Right-click the output device connected with the HDMI cable, and then select Show Disconnected Devices. The HDMI cable must be connected when it is configured.
    6. To view all the available sound devices, right-click any device shown in the Sound window and select the Show Disabled Device and Show Disconnected Devices options.

Christopher Miller, Dec 6, 2020
  4. HDMI sound have 5.1 sound selected but only stereo is being played

no sound on tv when HDMI is connected to laptop

Hi LaVerne,

To resolve your concern, you may follow the steps provided below:

1. Press Windows key + X.

2. Click on Control Panel.

3. Click on Hardware and Sound.

4. Select Manage Audio Devices.

5. On the Playback tab there is listed the sound options available to you. Click on
    Digital Output Device (HDMI).

6. There should now be a check mark on that option, make HDMI sound output as default .

7. The Sound should then play through your HDMI hookups to the TV.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Realyn Mar, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

HDMI sound have 5.1 sound selected but only stereo is being played

1. HDMI sound have 5.1 sound selected but only stereo is being played - Similar Threads - HDMI sound sound

2. Windows 10 and 5.1 Sound Only Playing Stereo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 and 5.1 Sound Only Playing Stereo: I just got a 5.1 surround sound. Logitech Z906. Asus Z170-A mobo. Windows 10. Connected it using the 3.5mm jacks at the back of the PC. Green, Black, and Orange-ish. Green goes in the stereo out. Orange and Black go one row above for the Center/sub and RearLeft...
  3. Windows 10 and 5.1 Sound Only Playing Stereo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 and 5.1 Sound Only Playing Stereo: I just got a 5.1 surround sound. Logitech Z906. Asus Z170-A mobo. Windows 10. Connected it using the 3.5mm jacks at the back of the PC. Green, Black, and Orange-ish. Green goes in the stereo out. Orange and Black go one row above for the Center/sub and RearLeft...
  4. Windows 10 and 5.1 Sound Only Playing Stereo

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Audio seems to somehow be stereo without being selected/weird sound output

Audio seems to somehow be stereo without being selected/weird sound output: I have seen posts regarding something like this before but it never seems to help my issue, so far I have tried to delete my audio drivers, followed some very in-depth steps that all inevitably end in the same situation, it not being fixed. I have run the troubleshooting...
  6. Stereo Mix not playing system sounds?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stereo Mix not playing system sounds?: My "Stereo Mix" doesn't appear to have any sound coming through it. I enabled it in my sound devices, set its level to 100, but I'm not able to listen/record to any of my system sounds through it. Any ideas? submitted by /u/goose_ws [link] [comments]...
  7. HDMI won't play sound.

HDMI won't play sound.: I had a problem a few months ago when my sound drivers stopped working and it was really difficult to fix. I had to uninstall every sound driver i had and reinstall them but now when i plug an HDMI cable my laptop won't detect the tv as a sound device. and i have a sound...
  8. HDMI won't play sound.

HDMI won't play sound.: I had a problem a few months ago when my sound drivers stopped working and it was really difficult to fix. I had to uninstall every sound driver i had and reinstall them but now when i plug an HDMI cable my laptop won't detect the tv as a sound device. and i have a sound...
  9. Headphones not playing stereo sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headphones not playing stereo sound: Hi, recently my headphones broke and I bought a pair of headphones (JBL Live 650btnc) and when I am playing games like csgo, rainbow six siege etc it doesn't have left and right stereo and combines it into one channel. I have done research and I can't seem to find anything to...
  10. Only Stereo Sound Output via HDMI Cable When 5.1 Available

Only Stereo Sound Output via HDMI Cable When 5.1 Available: Hi I have a Dell Studio 1749 laptop running Windows 10 64bit connected to a Bluray 5.1 surround sound home theatre system via HDMI cable for audio output through the 5.1 speakers and visual output on the HD TV. I'm not sure exactly when this happened, but I recently...