Windows 10: HDMI sound issue - need to reinstall driver every time I connect it

Discus and support HDMI sound issue - need to reinstall driver every time I connect it in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a strange issue - every time I connect my laptop to my TV via HDMI, the sound cuts out rather than automatically coming from the TV I follow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jobipo, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Jobipo Win User

HDMI sound issue - need to reinstall driver every time I connect it

I have a strange issue - every time I connect my laptop to my TV via HDMI, the sound cuts out rather than automatically coming from the TV

I follow the audio troubleshooting steps and this always works - apparently the troubleshooter reinstalls the drivers. Even after a restart, this is not a permanent fix. I have to do this every time I use the HDMI, which is quite annoying.

Can anyone help please?

It is a Dell laptop and I am using Windows 10

:)

Jobipo, Sep 22, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Sep 22, 2018
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Sep 22, 2018
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

HDMI connection from Surface 3 does not give sound - only pictures

Hi Roy,

We would like to know more information about this concern. Please answer the following questions so we can better assist you:

• Is this the first time you connect Surface 3 on your TV using "Mini DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 Adapter"?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

For now, we suggest that you run Sound troubleshooter to check and possibly automatically repair if there are any issues playing sound.

Please keep us updated with this concern.

Ryan Fra, Sep 22, 2018
Thema:

1. HDMI sound issue - need to reinstall driver every time I connect it - Similar Threads - HDMI sound issue

2. buzzing sound every time I connect my keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    buzzing sound every time I connect my keyboard: every time i connect my keyboard my audio starts making a buzz noise and the only way i can make the sound stop is disconnecting my keyboard but if I connect it back again it goes back to making noises...
  3. buzzing sound every time I connect my keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    buzzing sound every time I connect my keyboard: every time i connect my keyboard my audio starts making a buzz noise and the only way i can make the sound stop is disconnecting my keyboard but if I connect it back again it goes back to making noises...
  4. No sound with HDMI connection and is not a driver problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound with HDMI connection and is not a driver problem: Windows 10 Pro-64-bit is not seeing system speakers on a Viewsonic VA2246M LED Monitor with built-in Speakers, Have a case number but have not heard from tech support. Had external speakers that worked before and the HDMI connection is seen. by the system. Pkenty of space on...
  5. No sound with HDMI connection and is not a driver problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound with HDMI connection and is not a driver problem: Windows 10 Pro-64-bit is not seeing system speakers on a Viewsonic VA2246M LED Monitor with built-in Speakers, Have a case number but have not heard from tech support. Had external speakers that worked before and the HDMI connection is seen. by the system. Pkenty of space on...
  6. No sound with HDMI connection and is not a driver problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Every time I connect my bluetooth headset, I need to go into the properties under sounds...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Every time I connect my bluetooth headset, I need to go into the properties under sounds...: Every time I connect my bluetooth headset to my computer, I need to go to Sounds -> Recording -> Device Properties -> Levels and unmute the microphone. How do I change this behavior?I've reinstalled drivers numerous times. Let's just skip that step....
  8. Apps need to be reinstalled every time I open them

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps need to be reinstalled every time I open them: Hi there, I have been having a persistent issue for the last 6 months or so where many of my installed apps need to be reinstalled every time I open them. These apps include:- spotify - nord VPN- tutanota email client- visual studio I can't see any solutions to this question...
  9. HDMI sound issues

HDMI sound issues: HP pavillion, i3 chip running windows 10 up to date as of today and on checking showing no available updaates. NO sound running from HDMI cable to TV. Realtec drivers up to date and checked. SOund settings showing only realtec high definition speakers, no option for digital...
  10. Every time windows updates it makes my HDMI sound stutter.

Every time windows updates it makes my HDMI sound stutter.: This is ridiculous, not only are the updates FORCED on you, with ms deciding to treat everyone like a moron who cannot possibly admin their own pc and make decisions, but EVERY single time one of these forced feature upgrades occurs it borks my HDMI, forcing me to reinstall...