Windows 10: HDMI sound lost on Windows 10 Upgrade

Discus and support HDMI sound lost on Windows 10 Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have an ASUS notebook for about 2-years with all Windows 10 Home updates. The notebook is connected via an HDMI lead to my Samsung TV used as a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SteveInThailand, Aug 13, 2019.

1. HDMI sound lost on Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi, I have an ASUS notebook for about 2-years with all Windows 10 Home updates.

The notebook is connected via an HDMI lead to my Samsung TV used as a monitor.

Sound and picture on TV worked fine until the most recent Windows 10 upgrade a few days ago, after which the picture was OK but NO SOUND from the TV, only from the notebook speakers.

If I Right Click the speaker icon on the task bar, then "Open Sound Settings" under "Sound/Choose your output device" there is only one choice, namely the ASUS notebook Realtek sound. HDMI output is not listed.

So I then reverted to the previous version of Windows 10 without changing anything else. Now, when I check "Choose your output device" I have a choice of Realtek or SAMSUNG (TV) and the sound works through the HDMI connection to the TV.

So it is clear that the latest Windows 10 upgrade has somehow disabled the sound output HDMI (SAMSUNG TV) option, which is why the HDMI sound does not work with the upgrade.

How can I upgrade Windowes 10 and still use the HDMI connection to the SAMSUNG TV for both sound and vision?

Thank you.

:)

SteveInThailand, Aug 13, 2019
  2. tarigby Win User

No HDMI Sound after upgrade to Windows 10

Followed all procedures suggested, and all my drivers indicate they are all up-to-date! There is no HDMI sound to my Samsung TV following my Windows 10 upgrades. I am running Dell XPS i7. There currently is no resolve to this issue. **ALSO NOTE: My Samsung
    TV does not show up on the 'available devices' list? Are there possibly 'updates' now required for the TV itself? Hmmm, tr

tarigby, Aug 13, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Aug 13, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

HDMI sound lost on Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for updating.

Is your Samsung T V shows in Device Manager?

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Mouse. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control Panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Also refer the suggestions by Stuart Fraser on August 4, 2015
    and check if that helps.

Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pavan_N, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

HDMI sound lost on Windows 10 Upgrade

1. HDMI sound lost on Windows 10 Upgrade - Similar Threads - HDMI sound lost

2. lost sound with windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost sound with windows upgrade: Need help to get sound back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-with-windows-upgrade/b03f9c30-3084-4a50-9e2b-8f791a4305bf
  3. lost sound with windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost sound with windows upgrade: Need help to get sound back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-with-windows-upgrade/b03f9c30-3084-4a50-9e2b-8f791a4305bf
  4. After Windows 10 upgrade I lost sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows 10 upgrade I lost sound: The sound stopped working after Windows 10 upgrade. I tried to troubleshoot the issue but didn’t find the culprit. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-10-upgrade-i-lost-sound/29fc1dbb-dc16-4b64-9d9b-c1bf030a5c2d
  5. HDMI Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Sound: hello. my audio doesnt play on the tv when i connect with hdmi cable, it keeps playing at my laptop. how to solve this ya? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-sound/48f82785-6f0d-4465-b1e2-3416911e854d
  6. Lost Sound with HDMI....sort of

Lost Sound with HDMI....sort of: 3 weeks ago I came home on a Friday to a Insider Update reboot requirement. I watch TV through my PC using an HDMI cable to the TV. I can plug in to the TV directly or my DVR using an HDMI/AV adapter. There was no sound with the adapter. I ran through all the usual tests and...
  7. Windows 10 HDMI Sound Not Working

Windows 10 HDMI Sound Not Working: There is no audio and there is a red x next to my sound icon and I don't know what to do! I updated all my drivers and nothing seems to be working... I watched tutorials on youtube and read through steps to fix this but nothing was working! On Playback devices it says: "Not...
  8. HDMI/No sound

HDMI/No sound: How is it possible that so many people can have the same problem, write in this forum so many times and I can't find a fix answer. Device connected with HDMI cord will not show up in the "sounds" as an option to be selected....
  9. No sound through HDMI after Win10 upgrade...

No sound through HDMI after Win10 upgrade...: Hi I have a SONY VGX-XL301 that I bought in July 2007. It has served me really well and I have used as a home entertainment PC connected directly to my TV via an HDMI cable. I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday and everything ran smoothly. The only resolution option that...
  10. windows 10 sound problem through hdmi

windows 10 sound problem through hdmi: i have recently got a new motherboard and cpu and ram, and installed them without formatting, the desktop is working fine on the old OS installed on other hardware, but i problem persists, there is a conflict in audio which is preventing sound on windows, on youtube etc, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after using hdmi my motherboard sound vanidheds

2. lost hdmi audio in dell xps computer

3. Windows 10 lost HDMI 2

4. microsoft 1903 update lost hdmi audio on tv