Windows 10: HDMI sound missing

Discus and support HDMI sound missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So far I've managed to screw the HDMI sound option from the volume menu and the sound control panel. I was trying to switch between to the motherboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mayagrafix, Mar 23, 2015.

1. HDMI sound missing

So far I've managed to screw the HDMI sound option from the volume menu and the sound control panel. I was trying to switch between to the motherboard sound option from the GPU card HDMI sound option and clicked on disable on the mixer panel from the sound control task-bar.

Should I just re install the HDMI sound drivers from the GPU?

Thanks for ur help *Smile

:)

Mayagrafix, Mar 23, 2015
  2. periwinkle_28, Mar 23, 2015
  3. HDMI sound missing

Yesterday, 7/31/15, my computer upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. Prior to the update, we could switch our sound playback to come out of our Samsung smart TV that is connected via HDMI cable.... now that the upgrade has completed, this sound source
    is not even listed in playback options, but the monitor is mirrored perfectly. When I open my NVIDIA control panel, the SAMSUNG sound option is listed, but still not showing in playback options on the windows sound settings! I have updated my drivers for
    NVIDIA and restarted the system, but still not having any luck. Intel driver update utility says my drivers for them are up to date as well. We desperately need to resolve this issue... or revert back to our previous OS where it worked without any issues.

Thanks

DeenaPierce, Mar 23, 2015
  4. HDMI sound missing

I re-installed the GPU drivers from AMD which included the audio drivers for the add on video card. The sound works ok now. However, still cant switch from on board sound from the motherboard to the HDMI sound on the video card. In Win7 I use the Smart Audio application to choose which one I want active.

(The on board sound card is hooked up to a stereo amplifier, the HDMI sound is hooked up to PC speakers)

Mayagrafix, Mar 26, 2015
Thema:

HDMI sound missing

1. HDMI sound missing - Similar Threads - HDMI sound missing

2. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  3. HDMI has no sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDMI has no sound: HDMI has no sound? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-has-no-sound/2092fac7-251a-4719-a4dd-1e439f17eb7e
  4. HDMI no sound on TV

HDMI no sound on TV: the audio from my computer doesn't play on the TV with my HDMI cord. It worked a few days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-no-sound-on-tv/46d8c4ec-ed5d-4022-8c9d-6af70522895b
  5. No sound over HDMI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound over HDMI: Hi. I have a Dell optiplex 7010. [ATTACH] I have a Intel HD 4000 graphic card, with 2 Display Ports. I connected a "DP to HDMI" adapter to one DP, and an HDMI cable to an HDMI port of a Hitachi Smart TV. I installed the newer drivers, and in Device Manager I can see the...
  6. HDMI Sound

HDMI Sound: hello. my audio doesnt play on the tv when i connect with hdmi cable, it keeps playing at my laptop. how to solve this ya? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-sound/48f82785-6f0d-4465-b1e2-3416911e854d
  7. sound with hdmi cable

sound with hdmi cable: I connected my computer with an hdmi cable to my tv and the display and sound worked fine. But every time that I wake my computer up after that I have no sound unless I disconnect and then reconnect the hdmi cable to the tv. How can this be resolved without having to...
  8. HDMI sound issues

HDMI sound issues: HP pavillion, i3 chip running windows 10 up to date as of today and on checking showing no available updaates. NO sound running from HDMI cable to TV. Realtec drivers up to date and checked. SOund settings showing only realtec high definition speakers, no option for digital...
  9. HDMI/No sound

HDMI/No sound: How is it possible that so many people can have the same problem, write in this forum so many times and I can't find a fix answer. Device connected with HDMI cord will not show up in the "sounds" as an option to be selected....
  10. HDMI sound from PVR is missing

HDMI sound from PVR is missing: After upgrade to w10 the sound via the HDMI port went missing. On this machine you press a button to switch from PC Mode to Game Mode, which activates the HDMI port where the PVR is plugged in. When viewing a PVR program (TV show), the video is perfect but there is no sound....