Windows 10: HDMI sound through laptop

Discus and support HDMI sound through laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I set HDMI as default sound? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-sound-through-laptop/eaafec98-6521-4397-9486-6b28a2d09bd8 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JudyGlover1, Dec 4, 2020.

1. HDMI sound through laptop

How do I set HDMI as default sound?

:)

JudyGlover1, Dec 4, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Dec 4, 2020
  3. no sound through hdmi to tv

Hi,

The HDMI might not be set as default. To set this as default please follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Sound.
    • Select Change system sounds.
    • Click Playback.
    • Then select the device.
    • At the bottom, click Set Default.
    • Click Apply and OK.

If the troubleshooting steps above did not work for you, try changing a different HDMI cable.

Keep us updated with the result.

Robert Caw, Dec 4, 2020
  4. kevfas Win User

HDMI sound through laptop

no sound through hdmi to tv

this doesn't work there are no devices showing only the speakers there are none hidden or disabled

kevfas, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

HDMI sound through laptop

1. HDMI sound through laptop - Similar Threads - HDMI sound through

2. Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?: Hi Community, here's the thing. I have two HDMI monitors, one conneced to an HDMI port and one to a DVI both give sound, even the DVI but I cannot make both of them give sound at the same time. Windows lists them both as one output source, and only the first monitor that I...
  3. Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?: Hi Community, here's the thing. I have two HDMI monitors, one conneced to an HDMI port and one to a DVI both give sound, even the DVI but I cannot make both of them give sound at the same time. Windows lists them both as one output source, and only the first monitor that I...
  4. Sound output through 2 HDMI monitors HDMI and DVI ports?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. No sound through HDMI to TV

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound through HDMI to TV: Hi I have windows 10 21H1 and after a update about 2 weeks ago I have no sound through my HDMI to TV,tried everything I can think of and read,need someone who knows what they are on about to help please,Acer laptop to sharp tv, uninstalled the INTEL R DISPLAY AUDIO etc not...
  6. Playing sound for Oculus through HDMI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Playing sound for Oculus through HDMI: Hello all, I am currently messing around with a setup in order to use my VR set in the living room rather than in my office. I've got some wiring from my PC to my living room: 3x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI. The USB wires are directly connected to my Oculus devices (headset and...
  7. No sound to tv through hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound to tv through hdmi cable: I have a tv hooked up to my laptop through an HDMI cable. The display comes across beautifully, but there is no sound. I've found my tv, but it gives me no options. When I went into the settings and got to the playback devices, it says the HDMI isn't plugged in. I'm forced...
  8. No sound through HDMI after Win10 upgrade...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound through HDMI after Win10 upgrade...: Hi I have a SONY VGX-XL301 that I bought in July 2007. It has served me really well and I have used as a home entertainment PC connected directly to my TV via an HDMI cable. I upgraded to Windows 10 yesterday and everything ran smoothly. The only resolution option that...
  9. No sound through HDMI output - Azulle Access

No sound through HDMI output - Azulle Access: This is on the Azulle Access PC stick with a Westinghouse TV. Video output through HDMI is fine. But no sound goes through. TV speakers work fine with different sources, so it's not the TV. I updated the audio driver. No change. Here is my audio devices:...
  10. windows 10 sound problem through hdmi

windows 10 sound problem through hdmi: i have recently got a new motherboard and cpu and ram, and installed them without formatting, the desktop is working fine on the old OS installed on other hardware, but i problem persists, there is a conflict in audio which is preventing sound on windows, on youtube etc, and...