Windows 10: HDMI sound works on one TV but not the other

Discus and support HDMI sound works on one TV but not the other in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So a strange problem happened recently. I have a desktop PC (windows 10) that I hook up to one of either two TV's, both are kind of old, one is a TCL... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DamonAntal, Sep 11, 2019.

1. HDMI sound works on one TV but not the other

So a strange problem happened recently. I have a desktop PC (windows 10) that I hook up to one of either two TV's, both are kind of old, one is a TCL and the other a Toshiba. I switch them up depending on what I'm using the other screen for (ie playing a game but wanting to watch a football game at the same time). For a couple years, I never had any sound problems. Recently windows updated while the computer was connected via HDMI to the TCL tv and ever since then, it doesn't play any sound from the computer. I tried switching HDMI ports, no sound on either port on the TCL TV - I turned on my ps4 (using a different hdmi cord) and that works fine on either TCL HDMI port. I connected the pc to the Toshiba using the HDMI cord I'd been using for the pc all along (it's a long 35 ft cord) and the sound works FINE when plugged into the Toshiba. I go back to the TCL and there is no sound. During sound tests it shows the sound bars moving, I'm not getting any notification that there is a sound problem or that anything is missing in windows. It simply doesn't translate to sound coming from the TCL speakers and this only happened after I updated windows. I tried rolling back the update but that still doesn't work either. Can anyone give me any idea why sound would suddenly stop working through HDMI on one tv but not the other? I can't figure this out because the tv's HDMI ports work fine for sound from other sources, the hdmi cord works fine when plugged into another source, and windows seems to think the sound is fine plugged into either TV but its clearly absent on the TCL tv.....any help is appreciated!

:)

DamonAntal, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Sep 11, 2019
  3. no sound through hdmi to tv

Hi,

The HDMI might not be set as default. To set this as default please follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Sound.
    • Select Change system sounds.
    • Click Playback.
    • Then select the device.
    • At the bottom, click Set Default.
    • Click Apply and OK.

If the troubleshooting steps above did not work for you, try changing a different HDMI cable.

Keep us updated with the result.

Robert Caw, Sep 11, 2019
  4. DrPepper Win User

HDMI sound works on one TV but not the other

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

HDMI sound works on one TV but not the other

1. HDMI sound works on one TV but not the other - Similar Threads - HDMI sound works

2. Audio through HDMI to TV stops working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio through HDMI to TV stops working.: I'm having trouble with my audio going from my computer to my TV through the HDMI cable following the latest update. When I restart the computer it works fine for a time, but after it sleeps and wakes up the audio starts going back through the computer speakers and the audio...
  3. No sound coming from my TV through HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound coming from my TV through HDMI: The problem I am having is that my JVC TV is not picking any sound at all from my Desktop but if I plug a speaker in the headphone jack, the headphone jack picks the sound but not my JVC TV through HDMI which is what I need. My TV is a JVC with an HDMI port where I connect...
  4. No Sound on TV

in Windows 10 Support
    No Sound on TV: I use a HDMI cord to watch video from PC to TV. I use the Duplicate Mode for personal reasons. I do NOT have sound on my TV when watch videos. Sound is only on my PC speakers. How to I get the sound on my TV when watching Videos?? 123614
  5. No sound to tv through hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound to tv through hdmi cable: I have a tv hooked up to my laptop through an HDMI cable. The display comes across beautifully, but there is no sound. I've found my tv, but it gives me no options. When I went into the settings and got to the playback devices, it says the HDMI isn't plugged in. I'm forced...
  6. No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable

No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable: I use my tv as a monitor for my computer and the sound has suddenly stopped working. The picture is fine but there's no sound, it says that the "Spatial sound" is off and doesn't give me an option to turn the sound on for anything but headphones. Nothing I've seen online...
  7. Windows 10 HDMI Sound Not Working

Windows 10 HDMI Sound Not Working: There is no audio and there is a red x next to my sound icon and I don't know what to do! I updated all my drivers and nothing seems to be working... I watched tutorials on youtube and read through steps to fix this but nothing was working! On Playback devices it says: "Not...
  8. HDMI/No sound

HDMI/No sound: How is it possible that so many people can have the same problem, write in this forum so many times and I can't find a fix answer. Device connected with HDMI cord will not show up in the "sounds" as an option to be selected....
  9. TV through HDMI is not working :(

TV through HDMI is not working :(: Hi, I just installed the clean 9841 from official site (dual boot Win 8) (don't know where you get 9860 though). My issue is that MY TV out though HDMI is not working, I saw while searching on that some people have issue with mous on TV so it mean it should be working...
  10. Duplicate monitor to TV via hdmi no longer works

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Duplicate monitor to TV via hdmi no longer works: This is driving me insane, cant find a solution on the internet and can't figure it out myself. It worked fine in windows 7 but now when I choose "duplicate display" from the side menu popup the tv goes blank as if Ive unplugged the hdmi. All 3 of the remaining display...