Windows 10: HDMI splitter/switcher for 2 PCs wanting to use 2 screens

Discus and support HDMI splitter/switcher for 2 PCs wanting to use 2 screens in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; OK, I have at my office table 2 PC's and I have 2 - 32" 1440p monitors. I currently have it setup that each PC has it's own screen. But I would like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by g725s, Jul 12, 2019 at 5:07 PM.

1. g725s Win User

HDMI splitter/switcher for 2 PCs wanting to use 2 screens

OK, I have at my office table 2 PC's and I have 2 - 32" 1440p monitors.

I currently have it setup that each PC has it's own screen. But I would like it if there was an HDMI splitter/switch that would allow me to switch to that either PC could have dual monitor setup. Not at the same time of course as that would seem impossible.

Is there such a switch/splitter? Each PC only has one HDMI imput, at this point anyway. I believe the monitors have 2 HDMI jacks

:)

2. Looking for a good HDMI 2-n-1 Splitter...

Spoiler: You want a switch, not a splitter The problem with HDMI is HDCP which prohibits splitting in the normal sense. The micro packets have to be decoded, then re-encoded with HDCP before sending them out.

I don't have this but I'm a sucker for StarTech hardware so this is what I'd go with:
    http://www.startech.com/AV/Splitter...o-Splitter-with-Audio-USB-Powered~ST122HDMILE

It explicitly mentions HDCP so I expect zero problems with it. You should be able to get it from another retailer (like Amazon) for cheaper.
    Here's StarTech HDMI Switches. Of those, I'd go with either of these:
    Cheap (Auto + Button)
    High Quality (Auto + Button + IR)

I don't have any of the aforementioned products but I have been using a StarTech KVM for the last 8 years. The build quality on the "high quality" one above looks to match my KVM.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 12, 2019 at 5:09 PM
  3. HDMI Splitter

A splitter will not work it only shows the same image on two screens.

Your graphic card needs to have 2 HDMI ports.

4. HDMI splitter/switcher for 2 PCs wanting to use 2 screens

Issue HDMI Splitter(1 male to 2 female). Working,but not really

I am using a HDMI splitter (1 male to 2 female,the one in the image) to display the same image on 2 monitors,both with a 1080p resolution.One of them a graphic tablet display,the other a regular monitor.

HDMI splitter/switcher for 2 PCs wanting to use 2 screens 08473b7f-21ad-4fde-be0b-accd25698fd4?upload=true.jpg

I was able to get it working,but once one of these scenarios occurs ,the resolution changes into 640x(and stays locked in the settings,I can not change it.)

• one of the monitors is turned off.
    • male HDMI which is plugged into the computer is unplugged ,and plugged back up again.
    • When the computer goes into standby.
    Basically the computer can't seem to save that state,and turns to 640x

The only solution I found is to manually ,disconnect the graphic display tablet from the splitter,leaving only the monitor connected to the splitter.Then disconnecting the splitter from the computer and connecting it back in.After that connecting the graphic
    display tablet to the splitter.

Doing this is quite the unnecessary hassle.

So my question is,if there's a way to save the 1080p state,and not having it changing the display resolution every time the monitors are turned off.

Thanks in advance

PedroFerreirasSquasar, Jul 12, 2019 at 5:09 PM
Thema:

HDMI splitter/switcher for 2 PCs wanting to use 2 screens

1. HDMI splitter/switcher for 2 PCs wanting to use 2 screens - Similar Threads - HDMI splitter switcher

2. HDMI splitter/switcher for 2 PCs wanting to use 2 screens

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI splitter/switcher for 2 PCs wanting to use 2 screens: OK, I have at my office table 2 PC's and I have 2 - 32" 1440p monitors. I currently have it setup that each PC has it's own screen. But I would like it if there was an HDMI splitter/switch that would allow me to switch so that either PC could have dual monitor setup. Not at...
  3. Unable to use network sharing with 2 PCs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to use network sharing with 2 PCs on Windows 10: I tried to follow the tutorial listed and checked that the correct services were on and automatic. I also made sure file sharing is on. On my Windows 10 PC I can only see the media for my Laptop but there's nothing in it. On my PC I can see my Laptop but it says not...
  4. Connect 2 PCs wirelessly

Connect 2 PCs wirelessly: I am trying to get two PCs (both running Win 10) to talk to each other wirelessly. Both show they are paired one with the other but they will not connect. How do I get them to connect so I can use Wninows Explorer to see their respective files?...
  5. Using the same Microsoft account on 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using the same Microsoft account on 2 PCs: I would just like to know if I can use the same Microsoft account on 2 PCs, since I intend to purchase a more powerful one and I don’t think I can sell my old PC, so that I intend to just leave my account logged on into it and refer to the files and other apps every so...
  6. Sky Q -- good but get HDMI splitter and HDMI-->SCART device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sky Q -- good but get HDMI splitter and HDMI-->SCART device: Hi there I actually LIKE the SKY Q package -- also now 4K UHD available - and it's cheaper than the SKY HD + if you are selective in what you choose (apart from the up front cost). BUT 1) only 1 HDMI output at back of box so get HDMI splitter -- works fine and...
  7. can't get y splitter to work on 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    can't get y splitter to work on 2 monitors: Hello, I bought a new Dell Inspiron. I already had 2 pretty old Dell monitors, but they work fine. With my old Dell, I had a y splitter that ran out of the back of the VGA port and split and then each monitor was plugged in to the y splitter. This worked great. I had 2...
  8. 2 PCs. 2 connections. Can't figure it out.

2 PCs. 2 connections. Can't figure it out.: Odd one this. I have my main PC... and a PC under the TV acting as a HTPC. The 2 are directly connected by a network cable. In addition both have a Wifi dongle and both get internet via WiFi I wish to transfer files from the PC to the HTPC via the wire as it is much...
  9. Can a single ISO be used on 2 different PCs to reinstall Win10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can a single ISO be used on 2 different PCs to reinstall Win10?: Can a single ISO (USB installer) be used on 2 different PCs to reinstall windows10?g used the Microsoft page to create a bootable installation USB drive for my laptop (Acer) via the "Win10-MediaCreationTool" I was wondering if I can use the same one on my other laptop (Dell)?...
  10. Clean install on 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install on 2 PCs: I have 2 PCs. PC1 has W10 Home, PC2 has W10 Pro. Both came from retail Win7 licenses. I am changing the CPU and mobo in PC1. I also want to do clean installs on both PCs, to refresh them. But I want to put my W10 Pro license on PC1 and put W10 Home on PC2 . 1. What do I need...