Windows 10: HDMI splitter/switcher for 2 PCs wanting to use 2 screens

Discus and support HDMI splitter/switcher for 2 PCs wanting to use 2 screens in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; OK, I have at my office table 2 PC's and I have 2 - 32" 1440p monitors. I currently have it setup that each PC has it's own screen. But I would like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by g725s, Jul 12, 2019.

1. g725s Win User

HDMI splitter/switcher for 2 PCs wanting to use 2 screens

OK, I have at my office table 2 PC's and I have 2 - 32" 1440p monitors.

I currently have it setup that each PC has it's own screen. But I would like it if there was an HDMI splitter/switch that would allow me to switch so that either PC could have dual monitor setup. Not at the same time of course as that would seem impossible.

Is there such a switch/splitter? Each PC only has one HDMI input, at this point anyway. I believe the monitors have 2 HDMI jacks

:)

g725s, Jul 12, 2019

2. Looking for a good HDMI 2-n-1 Splitter...

Spoiler: You want a switch, not a splitter The problem with HDMI is HDCP which prohibits splitting in the normal sense. The micro packets have to be decoded, then re-encoded with HDCP before sending them out.

I don't have this but I'm a sucker for StarTech hardware so this is what I'd go with:
    http://www.startech.com/AV/Splitter...o-Splitter-with-Audio-USB-Powered~ST122HDMILE

It explicitly mentions HDCP so I expect zero problems with it. You should be able to get it from another retailer (like Amazon) for cheaper.
    Here's StarTech HDMI Switches. Of those, I'd go with either of these:
    Cheap (Auto + Button)
    High Quality (Auto + Button + IR)

I don't have any of the aforementioned products but I have been using a StarTech KVM for the last 8 years. The build quality on the "high quality" one above looks to match my KVM.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 12, 2019
  3. HDMI Splitter

A splitter will not work it only shows the same image on two screens.

Your graphic card needs to have 2 HDMI ports.

minangkabu, Jul 12, 2019
  4. HDMI splitter/switcher for 2 PCs wanting to use 2 screens

Issue HDMI Splitter(1 male to 2 female). Working,but not really

I am using a HDMI splitter (1 male to 2 female,the one in the image) to display the same image on 2 monitors,both with a 1080p resolution.One of them a graphic tablet display,the other a regular monitor.

HDMI splitter/switcher for 2 PCs wanting to use 2 screens 08473b7f-21ad-4fde-be0b-accd25698fd4?upload=true.jpg

I was able to get it working,but once one of these scenarios occurs ,the resolution changes into 640x(and stays locked in the settings,I can not change it.)

• one of the monitors is turned off.
    • male HDMI which is plugged into the computer is unplugged ,and plugged back up again.
    • When the computer goes into standby.
    Basically the computer can't seem to save that state,and turns to 640x

The only solution I found is to manually ,disconnect the graphic display tablet from the splitter,leaving only the monitor connected to the splitter.Then disconnecting the splitter from the computer and connecting it back in.After that connecting the graphic
    display tablet to the splitter.

Doing this is quite the unnecessary hassle.

So my question is,if there's a way to save the 1080p state,and not having it changing the display resolution every time the monitors are turned off.

Thanks in advance

PedroFerreirasSquasar, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

HDMI splitter/switcher for 2 PCs wanting to use 2 screens

1. HDMI splitter/switcher for 2 PCs wanting to use 2 screens - Similar Threads - HDMI splitter switcher

2. 2 games on 2 pcs at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 games on 2 pcs at the same time: I have one Microsoft account, can my son play Minecrat on pc at the same time my other son plays call of duty on a different pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-games-on-2-pcs-at-the-same-time/d64e1846-ca66-4756-9f55-7eb3e2b4cf1a
  3. 2 networks 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 networks 2 PCs: Hii. I have 2 networks in my work place one is for PCs and the other for Machine , this one for machines has an IP cam connected to it now i need to access this cam from PCs on the first network , you have to know that the second pc for machine is connected to the first...
  4. Use OneDrive to sync files on 2 PCs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Use OneDrive to sync files on 2 PCs: I have 2 PCs that have many common folders and document files as well as some that are unique to each computer. I want to set up OneDrive to create one set of merged folders and files that will sync across the 2 PCs. i would obviously like to avoid duplicate files. And,...
  5. Connect 2 pcs to use one as a secondary screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect 2 pcs to use one as a secondary screen: I am trying to connect 2 pcs - both running W10 at most recent release level - in order to use one as a secondary screen. According to instructions I am using Settings/Connect/Projecting to this PC. When I select Project I see the pc that I want to use as the secondary...
  6. 2 PCs using same MS a/c

2 PCs using same MS a/c: When, for example, I store a website to favourites in Edge, the same favourite appears in the other PC. I assume there is some form of synchronisation going on here, but don't really want this, how do I disable this?...
  7. HDMI Splitter?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDMI Splitter?: Hello! so i dont know if anybody can help, if its a windows thing or hardware but ive got a couple more 1080p monitors on the way to setup triples and i ordered a hdmi splitter to connect them all to one port but ive just gone to test it on some monitors ive got at home and...
  8. HDMI Splitter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI Splitter: Can I use an HDMI Splitter for dual monitors, or will the same output not put out on 2 devices at the same time? 147340
  9. HDMI splitter/switcher for 2 PCs wanting to use 2 screens

in Windows 10 Support
    HDMI splitter/switcher for 2 PCs wanting to use 2 screens: OK, I have at my office table 2 PC's and I have 2 - 32" 1440p monitors. I currently have it setup that each PC has it's own screen. But I would like it if there was an HDMI splitter/switch that would allow me to switch to that either PC could have dual monitor setup. Not at...
  10. Using the same Microsoft account on 2 PCs

Using the same Microsoft account on 2 PCs: I would just like to know if I can use the same Microsoft account on 2 PCs, since I intend to purchase a more powerful one and I don’t think I can sell my old PC, so that I intend to just leave my account logged on into it and refer to the files and other apps every so...