Windows 10: HDMI stopped working

Discus and support HDMI stopped working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My HDMI just stopped working. The TV keeps saying no signal. I have checked the cables and tried to connect to another TV using a different cable,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lindamiles1, Aug 15, 2019.

1. HDMI stopped working

My HDMI just stopped working. The TV keeps saying no signal. I have checked the cables and tried to connect to another TV using a different cable, still no connection. Can anyone help. This all happened after a recent update. I even rang Lenovo and they took me through different problem solutions still no joy. Linda

:)

lindamiles1, Aug 15, 2019

2. HDMI Port Stopped Working

I generally use a second monitor via an HDMI cable while working. However, it stopped working today.

I checked these:

• Windows cannot detect a second monitor when HDMI cable is connected to the second monitor.
    • HDMI cable which I use works if another device is connected to the second monitor.
    • My computer detects my HDMI-to-VGA converter through HDMI port.

My computer runs Windows 10 Home with latest updates installed.

I suspect this is due to a driver error. How can I fix this problem?

yildizabdullah, Aug 15, 2019
  3. TheMC1 Win User
    win10 HDMI worked then stopped working

hi

win 10 w ASUS P8Z77-M motherboard using on board video. very vanilla setup.

after win10 upgrade, it took me a while to figure out I needed to update motherboard stuff but finally got HDMI monitor working.

then today a giant step backwards.

I plugged in a mini USB hub and now HDMI quit working under windows. It works fine when running diags initially but when it transitions to windows, no more HDMI signal. so unplugged usb hub but now no HDMI in windows. this blows. i appreciate it was my bad
    not to do all mobo upgrades prior to win10, but this is nuts.

So i am open to suggestions on how to resolve this. I'm shocked HDMI would have stopped working in windows.

THanks,

Mike

TheMC1, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

HDMI stopped working

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

HDMI stopped working

1. HDMI stopped working - Similar Threads - HDMI stopped working

2. HDMI output stopped not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI output stopped not working: HDMI output stopped not working after windows 11 update. I cannot detect my monitor and all my device drivers are up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output-stopped-not-working/b2a38766-95ff-41ba-9024-05ae0a4acc91
  3. HDMI output stopped not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI output stopped not working: HDMI output stopped not working after windows 11 update. I cannot detect my monitor and all my device drivers are up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-output-stopped-not-working/b2a38766-95ff-41ba-9024-05ae0a4acc91
  4. HDMI Stopped Working After BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI Stopped Working After BSOD: Hello,My ASUS laptop had a drawing tablet attached via HDMI, with everything functioning properly. After a BSOD crash did not get to see the error code and the laptop restarting, I found that no HDMI port works with it screens aren't even detected.I have tried re-installing...
  5. HDMI Stopped Working After BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI Stopped Working After BSOD: Hello,My ASUS laptop had a drawing tablet attached via HDMI, with everything functioning properly. After a BSOD crash did not get to see the error code and the laptop restarting, I found that no HDMI port works with it screens aren't even detected.I have tried re-installing...
  6. HDMI output stopped working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI output stopped working: Hello, I have an Asus TH101A with intel HD graphics from Atom X5-Z8350 CPU. My HDMI otuput is not working anymore. I know it's not a faulty hardware because I tested it on a linux live USB. I tested 3 drivers. One from ASUS (version 20.19.15.4364), one from windows update...
  7. HDMI Port stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Port stopped working.: Earlier today there was an update that i did before packing my pc up and taking it back to my house, when i got home i found out my tv wasnt taking the hdmi signal at all. I checked with my gaming consoles and bam the tv lighted up with the games running but my pc won't even...
  8. hdmi stopped working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hdmi stopped working: I THROUGHLY tested my cables, and they work fine with OTHER, known good computer. My HDMI stopped working this morning when i went to use it, but last night it was working fine...when i went to settings, the pc says it did not detect another monitor. what do i do?...
  9. USB-C --> HDMI stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-C --> HDMI stopped working: Hi there! I have a Dell XPS 13 9365 which has been happily using my USB-C --> HDMI adapter just fine for over a year. However, some updates (unclear which) were recently applied, and the video-out functionality has stopped working. Now when I plug in my adapter, I'm...
  10. HDMI Port Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI Port Stopped Working: I generally use a second monitor via an HDMI cable while working. However, it stopped working today. I checked these: Windows cannot detect a second monitor when HDMI cable is connected to the second monitor. HDMI cable which I use works if another device is connected to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdmi to vga worked but stopped

2. hdmi cable stops working

3. when i plgged my hdmi in my computer it worked and then just stopped

4. asus hdmi out quit working,
  5. my HDMI port isnt working,
  6. hdmi monitor stopped working,
  7. my hdmi cable stopped working,
  8. windows 10 hdmi detects and crashes,
  9. windows 10 asus hdmi stopped working