Windows 10: HDMI stopped working

Discus and support HDMI stopped working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My HDMI just stopped working. The TV keeps saying no signal. I have checked the cables and tried to connect to another TV using a different cable,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lindamiles1, Aug 15, 2019.

1. HDMI stopped working

My HDMI just stopped working. The TV keeps saying no signal. I have checked the cables and tried to connect to another TV using a different cable, still no connection. Can anyone help. This all happened after a recent update. I even rang Lenovo and they took me through different problem solutions still no joy. Linda

:)

lindamiles1, Aug 15, 2019

2. HDMI Port Stopped Working

I generally use a second monitor via an HDMI cable while working. However, it stopped working today.

I checked these:

• Windows cannot detect a second monitor when HDMI cable is connected to the second monitor.
    • HDMI cable which I use works if another device is connected to the second monitor.
    • My computer detects my HDMI-to-VGA converter through HDMI port.

My computer runs Windows 10 Home with latest updates installed.

I suspect this is due to a driver error. How can I fix this problem?

yildizabdullah, Aug 15, 2019
  3. TheMC1 Win User
    win10 HDMI worked then stopped working

hi

win 10 w ASUS P8Z77-M motherboard using on board video. very vanilla setup.

after win10 upgrade, it took me a while to figure out I needed to update motherboard stuff but finally got HDMI monitor working.

then today a giant step backwards.

I plugged in a mini USB hub and now HDMI quit working under windows. It works fine when running diags initially but when it transitions to windows, no more HDMI signal. so unplugged usb hub but now no HDMI in windows. this blows. i appreciate it was my bad
    not to do all mobo upgrades prior to win10, but this is nuts.

So i am open to suggestions on how to resolve this. I'm shocked HDMI would have stopped working in windows.

THanks,

Mike

TheMC1, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

HDMI stopped working

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

HDMI stopped working

1. HDMI stopped working - Similar Threads - HDMI stopped working

2. Audio through HDMI to TV stops working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio through HDMI to TV stops working.: I'm having trouble with my audio going from my computer to my TV through the HDMI cable following the latest update. When I restart the computer it works fine for a time, but after it sleeps and wakes up the audio starts going back through the computer speakers and the audio...
  3. HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI port not working: I have an HP Elitebook running Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 I have been installing the system updates and now my HDMI port isn't working and I cannot connect an external monitor. I have followed a few posts and have gone and re-installed my Intel display...
  4. insiron 3670 hdmi video stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    insiron 3670 hdmi video stopped working after update: have 2 monitors, 1 vga and 1 hdmi. both were working great. had update, hdmi not working now. troubleshoot: 1) switched hdmi cable - no difference. 2) switched to vga and monitor worked fine. conclusion: something changed in update, like drivers?...
  5. hdmi not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    hdmi not working: I am asking about this again because I never got a solution. When I plug in the hdmi cable between my desktop PC and my big screen tv, things can get a little crazy. That means nothing will open full screen on the pc monitor. Therefore I can not immolate what is on the...
  6. HDMI do not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI do not work: I have problems with my HDMI connection and my PC with Windows 10. How can I solve it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-do-not-work/375db64f-43eb-4d56-a072-dfaf80301081
  7. HDMI output stopped working after blue screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDMI output stopped working after blue screen.: Hello, Today i experienced a blue screen while running a game on my Asus ROG GL553V. For some reason this happens quite often with said game except today after rebooting the HDMI output of my laptop stopped working. I've updated my Windows 10, my graphics drivers for...
  8. HDMI Port Stopped Working

HDMI Port Stopped Working: I generally use a second monitor via an HDMI cable while working. However, it stopped working today. I checked these: Windows cannot detect a second monitor when HDMI cable is connected to the second monitor. HDMI cable which I use works if another device is connected to...
  9. HDMI port not working

HDMI port not working: Please can someone help me. I have an acer predator laptop which has windows 10 installed. My HDMI port used to connect an additional monitor stopped working and I can't figure out why. The Intel HD graphics as well as the NVIDIA graphics are all up to date but it is still...
  10. Monitor HDMI's not working

Monitor HDMI's not working: I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, sorry if it's not. My grandma has a 50" 1080P LG flatscreen TV that's just a few years old, and a year or two back the HDMI's stopped working so she's just been using the three input adapter (not sure what it's called. Green,...