Windows 10: HDMI Switches - Video card issue

Discus and support HDMI Switches - Video card issue in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; PROBLEM FOUND AND SOLVED. For the benefit of others who may be using PC's with HDMI switches., thought I would bring closure to the saga. 1) I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mediaman09, Sep 2, 2015.

1. jds63 Win User

HDMI Switches - Video card issue

Good to hear both companies responded fast. Guess i did not look at that model good enough assumed myself it had an AC adapter as most like that one do and sometimes need power to work better or ones with power seem to.

Have to see what happens when get a replacement, post back let us know, good luck !

jds63, Sep 2, 2015

2. Got the replacement today (in store exchange) and all ports work fine.

The video card / Win 10 multiple display is interesting - not acting as I expected but totally workable. I usually extend displays when I have a multiple monitor setup, but here, the reason I have two monitors is different. I have a small 17" LCD monitor (VGA port) which I use for setup/config stuff, and the 720p projector/102" screen . Here I thought I would duplicate displays. Ended up doing neither. Bottom line is that I have use of both monitors ( great) in an unexpected way:

One time setup:
    - PC video card is set for one display only (the 720p) and setting optimized for 720p
    - HDMI port goes to switch (where I can switch between Blu-ray, PC, Cable)
    - VGA port goes to LCD monitor
    - I keep the switch powered to removed any signal strength issues
    Use:
    - when projector is on, I touch nothing, and the PC is auto switched to the projector- perfect
    - when blu ray player is on (pc not needed), I touch nothing, the blu ray is auto switched to the projector- perfect!
    - when projectior and bluray are off, but PC on, I touch nothing, the PC video out shows up on the VGA port - perfect!
    - at anytime I can force with HDMI switch to any output via a hard button or its own remote.

So for those needing an HDMI switch, likely to integrate legacy equipment, for use with a HDMI port on a video card running with Windows 10, I can actually recommend this one! IOGEAR 4PORT 4K HDMI SWITCH GHDSW4K4.

mediaman09, Sep 3, 2015
  3. jds63 Win User
    Nice going, glad it worked out for you. Yes, when i said before about power helping i did not remember reasons why can help, no after reading i seen it. Most who buy these use them for HDTV with only one HDMI port.

jds63, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

HDMI Switches - Video card issue

1. HDMI Switches - Video card issue - Similar Threads - HDMI Switches Video

2. HDMI Switch for Widescreen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI Switch for Widescreen: https://www.amazon.com/Splitter-GANA-Bidirectional-Supports-Passthrough-HDMI/dp/B07K2NZX8L/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=hdmi%2Bsplitter&qid=1661264586&sprefix=HDMI%2Bspli%2Caps%2C117&sr=8-4&th=1 This is the splitter. ^^^ https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08GFN64F2 This is...
  3. Really weird HDMI case with my video card...

Really weird HDMI case with my video card...: Here's something strange? When I plug in my monitor in the HDMI-port of my videocard, my desktop and stuff show up but no mousepointer! When I plug in my monitor in the DV-I port of my videocard, all show up just fine and the mousepointer shows up as well! How can this be?...
  4. hdmi switch

in Windows 10 Customization
    hdmi switch: how should i change the hdmi video input https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-switch/12741eff-cbfe-46e2-9cc0-c27bb5ead0c8
  5. Audio Issues Switching Between HDMI Inputs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Issues Switching Between HDMI Inputs: Having problems with audio when switching between HDMI Inputs. Have tried updating drivers, changing output devices, windows audio restart, switching which HDMI they are on, changed HDMI cords etc. NOTHING works. We have a PC in HDMI 3 and a PS4 in HDMI 2. HDMI 2 always works...
  6. Watching Videos on hdmi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Watching Videos on hdmi: I watch a lot of videos using the hdmi in Windows 10. Is there anyway to pause the video and then restart it with hdmi? Normally I use Media Player Classic watching the videos. 139093
  7. Watching Videos on hdmi

in Windows 10 Support
    Watching Videos on hdmi: I watch a lot of videos using the hdmi in Windows 10. Is there anyway to pause the video and then restart it with hdmi? Normally I use Media Player Classic watching the videos. 139093
  8. Video Driver / Card Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video Driver / Card Issues: Hi! I was trying to start up a game through Origin after a long time of not playing and instead got an pop-up that said, "Can't run with the video card in this system. Please check that the video card meets the minimum specifications and that the latest video drivers are...
  9. HDMI to Displayport video issue

HDMI to Displayport video issue: I am trying to connect the HDMI port on my nVidia GeForce GT 640 video card to the DisplayPort input on my HP Compaq L2206tm monitor. This is the reverse of what is expected by cable fabricators who have lots of cables and adapters for the opposite configuration, i.e., DP on...
  10. Video Card Issues S.O.S.

Video Card Issues S.O.S.: Hello all.... Hope someone can steer me in the right direction. I recently bought a new video card, EVGA Gtx 950 but when I tried installing it didn't work... I think the problem may with my Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3 MB which doesn't have UEFI support. Is there anyway of changing...