Windows 10: hdmi to dual dvi

Discus and support hdmi to dual dvi in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my windows 10 does not recognize the second monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TedSimons, Dec 30, 2020.

1. TedSimons Win User

hdmi to dual dvi

my windows 10 does not recognize the second monitor

:)

TedSimons, Dec 30, 2020
  2. bobkn Win User

HDMI inferior to DVI?

The problem is that there are several HDMI standards:

HDMI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(Scroll down to the Version Comparison table, near the middle of the page.)

To get 2560X1600 in DVI requires dual link. (Regardless of what it sounds like, It's a single cable.) I believe that there are no dual link DVI to HDMI 1.3 adapters; the best that you can get is single link, which is limited to 1920X1200 max.

I'm not sure, but it sounds like the 5670 doesn't support HDMI 1.3, 1.4, or 2.0.

Sounds like you need a monitor that has a dual-link DVI input.

Or a new graphics card. Or both; I'd recommend DisplayPort. (Supports UHD, 3840X2160, at 60 HZ. I'm using that with a cheapish Samsung 28" UHD monitor. I don't know how people handle higher resolutions than that. I know they exist.)

Sorry that I can't be more encouraging.

bobkn, Dec 30, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    HDMI to DVI cable

HDMI and DVI are 100% the same with video. When they desigend HDMI, they used DVI as a base design - think of HDMI as DVI, but they removed the VGA compatibility and replaced that with the audio signal.

If you want audio, there can be extra steps (for example, Nvidia need an SPDIF cable between your video card and your sound card, while ATI require a special DVI to HDMI adaptor, and a normal HDMI cable - you cant use a DVI to HDMI cable)

Mussels, Dec 30, 2020
  4. hdmi to dual dvi

Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI

Anyone?

Okay so if im going to buy the asus monitor i posted which has displayport, dvi and vga and NO HDMI...

which cable should i buy then?

$7 Hdmi to Dvi cable?

Amazon.com: AmazonBasics HDMI Input to DVI Output Adapter Cable - 6 Feet (Latest Standard): Home Audio Theater

$15 usb-c to displayport

Amazon.com: USB C to DisplayPort Cable [email protected], CHOETECH USB 3.1 Type C to DP Cable Thunderbolt 3 Port Compatible with 2017 iMac,MacBook Pro,Dell XPS 15/13,ChromeBook Pixel,Samsung Galaxy S9/Note 8/S8(4ft/1.2m): Computers Accessories

The one thing that would concern me a bit is... would the hdmi to dvi cable support 1920x1200 on my asus monitor? My laptop resolution is 1920 x 1080. The samsung monitor i use is 1920 x 1200 and i connect hdmi to hdmi and it is that resolution. But i also have usb c to hdmi cable. So if i buy the hdmi to dvi cable, then i would use the usb c to hdmi cable for my samsung monitor right?

I know vga is very bad. But is dvi okay? Or should i use displayport? I know vga is very old but isn't dvi basically hdmi? So can someone suggest which cable i buy with the monitor that i will buy which won't have an hdmi port? Or should i just pay more for that other asus monitor with hdmi port instead.

paulyjustin, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

hdmi to dual dvi

1. hdmi to dual dvi - Similar Threads - hdmi dual dvi

2. dvi hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dvi hdmi adapter: When I try to connect my 2nd monitor with a hdmi port to computer with a dvi adapter containing hdmi I lose video on my 1st monitor.How do I rectify? Thanks for any help.pm...
  3. dvi hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dvi hdmi adapter: When I try to connect my 2nd monitor with a hdmi port to computer with a dvi adapter containing hdmi I lose video on my 1st monitor.How do I rectify? Thanks for any help.pm...
  4. dvi hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DVI to HDMI adapter?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    DVI to HDMI adapter?: My new desktop came today and my monitor has a 9 pin plug (I believe that it’s an hdmi port? the monitor is an HP, model LV2311) the desk top has hdmi or dvi ports only. Is it best to get a dvi to hdmi adapter and use a hdmi cable, or get a dvi cable and skip the adapter.?
  6. Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI

Monitor Recommendation for Dual Monitor with Displayport, HDMI, DVI: I have one samsung syncmaster t240 very old monitor that i bought used from someone because i could not buy 1920x1200 monitors where im located. I connect it to my dell xps 15 9550 via hdmi to hdmi cable with no issue. I previously had an asus monitor that stopped working...
  7. HDMI to DVI converter?

HDMI to DVI converter?: my laptop display runs at 1920x1080 at 60hz refresh rate. i wanted to buy an external moniter for a bigger screen. my laptop only has 1 hdmi port and no dvi. i want the benefits of dvi as it can increase refresh rate according to the external monitor by using a hdmi to dvi...
  8. HDMI and DVI

HDMI and DVI: On PC monitors is the image better on a "HDMI" then a "DVI" connection? 44960
  9. Windows 10 HDMI & DVI Dual Screen problem

Windows 10 HDMI & DVI Dual Screen problem: Hello guys, just upgraded my Windows 7 to 10 yesterday, since then I have been experiencing a problem of my Dell U2414h not able to display anything on startup without turning it off and turn it back on, meanwhile my Dell 2007FP has no problem displaying stuffs. I made a...
  10. HDMI inferior to DVI?

HDMI inferior to DVI?: I thought that a graphics card with both outputs would run the same resolutions from each. My HIS Radeon 5670 iceq has a max of 2560X1600 through DVI, the HIS spec's don't give a figure for the HDMI. The AMD site gives 2560X1600 for DVI and 1920X1200 for HDMI. I've been...