Windows 10: Hdmi to Hdmi connects to my monitor on 3070 but my display port to displayt port doesnt...

Discus and support Hdmi to Hdmi connects to my monitor on 3070 but my display port to displayt port doesnt... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently bought two new monitors msi g242 144hz monitors. Hdmi connects to the monitor and turns on but whenb i connect my second display it doesnt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SamuelToth, Jan 31, 2022.

1. Hdmi to Hdmi connects to my monitor on 3070 but my display port to displayt port doesnt...

Recently bought two new monitors msi g242 144hz monitors. Hdmi connects to the monitor and turns on but whenb i connect my second display it doesnt even detect it and i know its not hardware issue cause its a brand new cable new monitor i even tested the second monitor on hdmi and it worked fine any help would be appreciated!

:)

SamuelToth, Jan 31, 2022

2. HDMI port

Thank you for providing this additional information Shabbir1 - are you saying this HDMI port did not work since the day you purchased your computer?

Also - can you please provide some more details regarding what isn't "working" about the HDMI port? For example, were you trying to connect an external video monitor through that port and nothing is displaying on the screen?

Best regards,

Alexander

AlexKleinIT, Jan 31, 2022
  3. AndyHw10f Win User
    Display Port to HDMI

W10 pro
    I have a monitor with only HDMI input.computer I want to ues it with only has display port output.Use is just basic office type applications and internet use.Are there any display Port to HDMI adapters that actually works well?

AndyHw10f, Jan 31, 2022
  4. Hdmi to Hdmi connects to my monitor on 3070 but my display port to displayt port doesnt...

Unusual HDMI port behavior: One HDMI port stops working after a monitor is unplugged.

I have 2 HDMI ports, and I can connect two working monitors, and everything works normally and as expected. However, when I unplug the HDMI from one port, and later plug it back in, that HDMI port acts as though it no longer works. The monitor connected
    to it no longer receives a signal. If I switch which monitor is connected to which port, the monitor connected to the port that was originally disconnected from the monitor is the monitor that still functions.

The only way I've found to fix the problem is to restart my computer, making sure that both monitors are connected to the HDMI ports before booting up my computer.

I have a Zotac Zbox en1060k, for reference, though I believe this is a software issue.

DerekFrogget, Jan 31, 2022
Thema:

Hdmi to Hdmi connects to my monitor on 3070 but my display port to displayt port doesnt...

1. Hdmi to Hdmi connects to my monitor on 3070 but my display port to displayt port doesnt... - Similar Threads - Hdmi Hdmi connects

2. HDMI instead of Display Port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI instead of Display Port: My computer has been using the display port for a long time. I now want to use the HDMI port, but it will not display. It displays fine on the DP but when I connect to the HDMI port, it just stays blank. I purchased a new computer and would like to use my old one headlessly,...
  3. HDMI instead of Display Port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI instead of Display Port: My computer has been using the display port for a long time. I now want to use the HDMI port, but it will not display. It displays fine on the DP but when I connect to the HDMI port, it just stays blank. I purchased a new computer and would like to use my old one headlessly,...
  4. HDMI instead of Display Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Display vs HDMI Ports

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display vs HDMI Ports: Which to use is the Question. I built a computer (never done that before) to use 4 monitors. My video card (not a gamer) is a Nvidia Quadro P-1000 which has 4 display mini outputs with connectors for large display connection outputs. I bought - Display to HDMI cables for use...
  6. Hdmi to Hdmi connects to my monitor on 3070 but my display port to displayt port doesnt...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hdmi to Hdmi connects to my monitor on 3070 but my display port to displayt port doesnt...: Recently bought two new monitors msi g242 144hz monitors. Hdmi connects to the monitor and turns on but whenb i connect my second display it doesnt even detect it and i know its not hardware issue cause its a brand new cable new monitor i even tested the second monitor on...
  7. HDMI ports

HDMI ports: i am having a issue with one of my HDMI ports. i have two, but only one is working. i cant connect anything via that port. i cant use my second monitor. it just doesnt want to connect to anything....
  8. monitor works with hdmi but not display port

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    monitor works with hdmi but not display port: recently my monitor (dell u2412h) started glitching with horizontal lines flashing on the screen on and off in a continuos pattern (1 sec off 1 sec on). then one afternoon i restarted my pc and the displayport wasnt working anymore. tried the hdmi cable, and that one worked....
  9. HDMI Port

HDMI Port: My HDMI port on my Dell laptop has stopped working after a Microsoft upgrade in April. It does not recognise it at all. Any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hdmi-port/88ad78b8-7c10-4bb7-a3d8-267ea9e451b0
  10. display port to hdmi no signal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    display port to hdmi no signal: when i connect a dvi or hdmi from my gtx 780 to my acer H274HL Monitor all works fine but when i want to connect display port cable on my gtx 780 and the other side is hdmi that goes to my monitor than there is no signal at all i am running windows 10 64 bit enterprise and...