Windows 10: HDMI to monitor no longer responding

Discus and support HDMI to monitor no longer responding in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've got a generic 22-inch Dynex monitor hooked up to my Dell desktop running Win10. It has been a bit fussy connecting through the desktop's HDMI jack... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ToddLeopold, Dec 15, 2018.

1. HDMI to monitor no longer responding

I've got a generic 22-inch Dynex monitor hooked up to my Dell desktop running Win10. It has been a bit fussy connecting through the desktop's HDMI jack in the past, but it's been fine for more than a year ... until the 12/12 Win10 update. Suddenly I'm getting "no signal" on the monitor.

Since then, I've been running the monitor through VGA, but it stretches the images and isn't as pure in color. I'm guessing it's a visual driver that got screwed up, because the audio (which runs through a separate set of speakers) is still fine. What's odd is that, when I try to switch from VGA to HDMI, I get the plinky sound effect that tells me it recognizes the different sources, I still get "no signal" on the visual.

Any ideas on how to fix this? If I could go back to an update before 12/12 I would, but I don't know how. When I troubleshoot the drivers, Win10 tells me everything is hunky-dory, so I don't know what new driver to install.

:)

ToddLeopold, Dec 15, 2018
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Dec 15, 2018
  3. AC_10 Win User
    Second monitor not working with HDMI

Hi,

I have tried the above steps but still the monitor is not detected.

When I plug it to the tv through hdmi, it is displayed, but not to the monitor.

Regards,

AC_10, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Minduse Win User

HDMI to monitor no longer responding

HDMI no output after update to FullHD monitors

Hello

My system:

• AMD Graphics Card
      • GPU : 912-V308-001 (or) R9 290X GAMING 4G
    • Desktop mid tower
    • Operating System Windows 10 64bit Update 1709
    • Video Driver version installed AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 17.12.2 Drivers
    • Display Devices that does not work with HDMI :
      • BenQ - GL2450HM 24.0" 1920x1080 60Hz
      • AOC M2470SWH 23.6" 1920x1080 60Hz
      • Philips 243V7QDAB/00 24'' 1920x1080 60Hz
      • AOC - G2460VQ6 24.0" 1920x1080 75Hz Monitor (currently using with Display port, does not work with HDMI)
        • The HDMI port works with 4k tv so I know it is functional.
    • Motherboard Asus - SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK2 ATX LGA1150 BIOS Version 2702
    • CPU Core i5-4690K
    • Power Supply Unit Corsair - Builder 750W CX750 or CP-9020015-EU
    • RAM 16GB
    Issue:

• One morning after regular updates my graphics card stopped sending signals to HDMI monitors that are bellow the resolution of 4k. The monitors, just shows no signal, when you uninstall the drivers sometimes, like once in 4 times it will catch
      the monitor, but if you restart the PC you will again get no signal. The monitors works perfectly with my laptop on HDMI. 3 Of the monitors are fresh from the box. The HDMI port works perfectly with my 4k TV. Tried switching 7 HDMI cables total. Reinstalled
      windows twice, video drivers several times. Currently using a display port for one of the monitors.

Minduse, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

HDMI to monitor no longer responding

1. HDMI to monitor no longer responding - Similar Threads - HDMI monitor longer

2. HDMI to monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDMI to monitor: I have tried 4 different USB-C hubs to try and connect my surface pro 8 to a second monitor I have, with no luck. The monitor recognizes it is plugged in, but the laptop doesn't do anything. It used to work, but has since stopped. I have tried to download/find drivers for the...
  3. HDMI to monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI to monitor: I have tried 4 different USB-C hubs to try and connect my surface pro 8 to a second monitor I have, with no luck. The monitor recognizes it is plugged in, but the laptop doesn't do anything. It used to work, but has since stopped. I have tried to download/find drivers for the...
  4. Installer is no longer responding.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installer is no longer responding.: Hi, I am facing a problem on my laptop which is in installing a particular software. My laptop is working fine in installing other software but when I try to install Abelton Live 10 Suite for windows I got an error message "Installer is no longer responding". :- checkout...
  5. "Installer is no longer responding."

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Installer is no longer responding.": So I tried downloading software that my friend recommended to me, and for some reason, my installer doesn't work anymore. It was working fine like a week before but now, what I do to try to fix it is starting to become useless. Did I do something wrong? Or did my system just...
  6. HDMI monitor audio out no longer recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI monitor audio out no longer recognized: Monitor: LG 34BK650-W 34" WFHD 2560x1080 connected using HDMI Windows 10 Before 5/12/2020 update my monitor was recognized as an audio output device and I could toggle between my monitor speakers and headphones in the playback device menu. After the update, my monitor...
  7. Monitor not responding

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor not responding: Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 18305 dual monitor Have power settings to turn off, not sleep, after 1 hour. (Length of time doesn't make any difference) Both monitors, Acer 27 and Acer 25 showing in Device Mgr as Acer S271HL and Generic PnP. Acer is number "1" Current...
  8. HDMI port suddenly no longer sending signal to 2nd monitor?

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI port suddenly no longer sending signal to 2nd monitor?: Hi everyone, I have a HP Pavilion G6 running on Windows 10 with a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series built in graphic card. Is there a detect HDMI feature in Windows 10? Oddly the system stopped sending the signal to the 2nd monitor. I don't recall any settings...
  9. My HDMI connection to my second monitor no longer works

My HDMI connection to my second monitor no longer works: For some unknown reason the HDMI connection between my laptop and my second monitor no longer works. The monitor itself is working fine, but it now gets no connection from my laptop. Worse, because I had set it to the #1 display, when I connect the two, the control panel and...
  10. Duplicate monitor to TV via hdmi no longer works

Duplicate monitor to TV via hdmi no longer works: This is driving me insane, cant find a solution on the internet and can't figure it out myself. It worked fine in windows 7 but now when I choose "duplicate display" from the side menu popup the tv goes blank as if Ive unplugged the hdmi. All 3 of the remaining display...