Windows 10: HDMI to TV - sound problem

Discus and support HDMI to TV - sound problem in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Using the HDMI port I connected my laptop to my TV set to watch a sports event. The sound still came from the laptop rather than through the TV,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GerryBrown5, Oct 26, 2020.

1. HDMI to TV - sound problem

Using the HDMI port I connected my laptop to my TV set to watch a sports event. The sound still came from the laptop rather than through the TV, whereas previously it did come through the TV speakers. What is happened and how is it fixed, please?

:)

GerryBrown5, Oct 26, 2020

2. Laptop to TV, Windows 10, HDMI, No sound

Hello,

When I connect my laptop (Windows 10) to TV using HDMI, I can get the video, but no sound.

I tried various solutions listed on internet and Microsoft community, like updating drivers, looking for disconnected or disabled HDMI/TV, etc.

I do not see TV/HDMI in sound control panel under soundplay back devices. TV/HDMI does not show as sound output option. Could this be a problem?

Sound and display graphic drivers are updated.

I will appreciate you help.

Thanks,

Verma

AKVerma_71, Oct 26, 2020
  3. no sound through hdmi to tv

Hi,

The HDMI might not be set as default. To set this as default please follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Sound.
    • Select Change system sounds.
    • Click Playback.
    • Then select the device.
    • At the bottom, click Set Default.
    • Click Apply and OK.

If the troubleshooting steps above did not work for you, try changing a different HDMI cable.

Keep us updated with the result.

Robert Caw, Oct 26, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

HDMI to TV - sound problem

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Oct 26, 2020
Thema:

HDMI to TV - sound problem

1. HDMI to TV - sound problem - Similar Threads - HDMI sound problem

2. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  3. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  4. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No HDMI Sound From TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No HDMI Sound From TV: Hello, I have a Lenovo Slim 7 16IAH7 laptop and when I connect an HDMI cable all I get is video no audio. Audio comes from the laptop and not the TV. When I go to sound settings no HDMI Devices appear. I have updated my graphics driver and other drivers. I have checked for...
  6. No HDMI Sound From TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No HDMI Sound From TV: Hello, I have a Lenovo Slim 7 16IAH7 laptop and when I connect an HDMI cable all I get is video no audio. Audio comes from the laptop and not the TV. When I go to sound settings no HDMI Devices appear. I have updated my graphics driver and other drivers. I have checked for...
  7. No sound through HDMI to TV

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No sound through HDMI to TV: Hi I have windows 10 21H1 and after a update about 2 weeks ago I have no sound through my HDMI to TV,tried everything I can think of and read,need someone who knows what they are on about to help please,Acer laptop to sharp tv, uninstalled the INTEL R DISPLAY AUDIO etc not...
  8. HDMI no sound on TV

HDMI no sound on TV: the audio from my computer doesn't play on the TV with my HDMI cord. It worked a few days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-no-sound-on-tv/46d8c4ec-ed5d-4022-8c9d-6af70522895b
  9. no sound to tv thru hdmi

no sound to tv thru hdmi: no sound to tv via hdmi/windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-to-tv-thru-hdmi/77a45187-59de-427e-ad97-2d97b88310d8
  10. No sound to tv through hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound to tv through hdmi cable: I have a tv hooked up to my laptop through an HDMI cable. The display comes across beautifully, but there is no sound. I've found my tv, but it gives me no options. When I went into the settings and got to the playback devices, it says the HDMI isn't plugged in. I'm forced...