Windows 10: HDMI to USB appearing as "webcam" when it's connected to my TV

Discus and support HDMI to USB appearing as "webcam" when it's connected to my TV in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just purchased a replacement for my HDMI to USB adapter that one started "surge on the USB"-ing and I didn't want to deal with it. However, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by theoblue88, Mar 2, 2020.

1. HDMI to USB appearing as "webcam" when it's connected to my TV

I just purchased a replacement for my HDMI to USB adapter that one started "surge on the USB"-ing and I didn't want to deal with it. However, when I connect it, my computer insists I connected a faulty webcam, and my TV recognizes nothing at all. What can I do?

I've seen this question before, but no answer.

:)

theoblue88, Mar 2, 2020
  2. ThundaBG Win User

Laptop not recognizing TV through HDMI connection

Hello everyone!

First I do apologize if this is not the correct section for this thread.

I've had issues connecting my laptop to TV for the past day. Connection is done through an HDMI cable. Connection was good up until it randomly turned off itself while playing a game. There have been no hardware or software changes whatsoever that would affect it.

TV is SAMSUNG, Model: UE32J4000AW. Laptop info is available in My PC Specs. (laptop is brand new, week or two old)

Here's what I've tried so far:

• 3 different HDMI cables
    • switching between ports on TV
    • tried all projection options on Laptop
    • Disable / Enable both Intel and Nvidia drivers
    • Rollback Intel GPU driver and installed it back to latest version
    • Re-installed Nvidia driver
    • Restarted PC and TV
    • Scan for hardware changes through Device Manager
    • Checked Intel and Nvidia control panels - there were no available options
    • Apparently both HDMI ports on the TV work as I tried them with a tv box.

I think that's all I've tried so far, will add anything else if missed. Open to suggestions.

ThundaBG, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Connecting laptop to tv

Hi Ro,

There might be a configuration in your TV that we need to change to resolve this . For better assistance, we would like to gather more information:

• When you connected the HDMI to the TV, what source/display option did you choose?
    • Have you tried connecting the HDMI cable to a different TV/monitor?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable to connect your computer and TV?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Mar 2, 2020
  4. DrPepper Win User

HDMI to USB appearing as "webcam" when it's connected to my TV

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

HDMI to USB appearing as "webcam" when it's connected to my TV

1. HDMI to USB appearing as "webcam" when it's connected to my TV - Similar Threads - HDMI USB appearing

2. Powerpoint problems with HDMI connection to TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powerpoint problems with HDMI connection to TV: Until relatively recently, PowerPoint presentations would display perfectly on an external TV via an HDMI connection. This all changed I assume some update messed it up and now when a video with sound is on a slide either the sound is badly lagging or the whole thing freezes....
  3. Powerpoint problems with HDMI connection to TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powerpoint problems with HDMI connection to TV: Until relatively recently, PowerPoint presentations would display perfectly on an external TV via an HDMI connection. This all changed I assume some update messed it up and now when a video with sound is on a slide either the sound is badly lagging or the whole thing freezes....
  4. TV no longer connects to PC HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TV no longer connects to PC HDMI: Sony TV KDL-40EX403 no longer properly displays windows 10 PC. Both devices definetely know they're connected to something, as the TV opens up the external input to change channel to, and the computer shows the TV. It definetely can connect, as it has in the past. have tried...
  5. hdmi vs usb iPad connected to smart tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdmi vs usb iPad connected to smart tv: In hooking up my ipad to my smart tv via HDMI, I noticed it can view and navigate throughout the device. However, if I connect via USB port, the i pad sends out an alert regarding permission to access photos, vids, and music etc. Once permission is granted, you can access...
  6. hdmi vs usb iPad connected to smart tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hdmi vs usb iPad connected to smart tv: In hooking up my ipad to my smart tv via HDMI, I noticed it can view and navigate throughout the device. However, if I connect via USB port, the i pad sends out an alert regarding permission to access photos, vids, and music etc. Once permission is granted, you can access...
  7. Connecting PC and TV by HDMI cable

Connecting PC and TV by HDMI cable: I connected ny computer to the smart TV by a HDMI cable in order to see content on the TV screen. I see the on the TV screen the bottom applications line but not the screen itself....
  8. help to connect my laptop to HDMI tv

help to connect my laptop to HDMI tv: want to know how to do this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-to-connect-my-laptop-to-hdmi-tv/f301234a-47b0-410e-8db7-b232fbd30d18
  9. Desktop icons rearranging when connecting tv by HDMI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons rearranging when connecting tv by HDMI: Hello, recently I upgraded my tv with a samsung 49RU8000 (4k) and now I started facing an annoying issue, since when I connect the tv to my pc all the icons rearrange in a random way. As monitor I have an Acer Predator XB271HU (1440p) and the tv is setted up to be an...
  10. Cant connected HDMI to TV

Cant connected HDMI to TV: i couldn't connect my HDMI cable to TV, before was connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/cant-connected-hdmi-to-tv/29033afa-c0c3-465f-8053-5d171cdf0d6f