Windows 10: HDMI to VGA cable issue

Discus and support HDMI to VGA cable issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have laptop ASUS S510UQR model installed windows 10. This laptop have HDMI port only so i use HDMI to VGA cable to connect to external monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NGO KHOA QUANG, Nov 5, 2019.

1. HDMI to VGA cable issue

I have laptop ASUS S510UQR model installed windows 10.

This laptop have HDMI port only so i use HDMI to VGA cable to connect to external monitor (projector) having VGA port.

It works fine until i update windows 10.

Normally, when i plug HDMI to VGA port to laptop, a sound will appear and i could see external monitor when i open Intel UHD graphic control panel.

But now it does not happen.

It works fine if i use HDMI to HDMI cable, meaning that the HDMI in laptop is OK.

I use my HDMI to VGA cable for other laptop, it is OK (meaning that the HDMI to VGA cable is OK)

I did try the following steps:

- uninstall graphic driver and reinstall graphic driver using device manager.

- Go to Asus website to download graphic driver and BIOS to update.

- Finally reinstall a fresh windows 10

This issue still happen.

Could someone please help me to solve this problem?

Thank you very much for your time.

N.K. Quang

:)

NGO KHOA QUANG, Nov 5, 2019
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

VGA to HDMI Cable?

Someone I know is going away and wants to watch downloaded movies from his laptop and display them on the hotel room's HDTV. The laptop in question is fairly old and only has VGA out, no HDMI. I googled it and saw VGA to HDMI but it said something like "NO COMPUTER/LAPTOP", so I'm not sure what that's even used for then. I'm not really sure what to suggest to him, any thoughts on what he can use to display the movies on the TV? Sound isn't a huge issue, he can have that play from the laptop itself.

OrbitzXT, Nov 5, 2019
  3. VGA to HDMI Cable?

a) They aren't cables because the standards are incompatible.
    b) Converters do exist, but they ain't cheap. Here's probably the best I've found (VGA + 3.5mm stereo audio -> HDMI): Cables-to-Go VGA to HDMI® Converter
    c) The video quality won't be the best on these because they basically have to capture the image so many times a second and convert them to a digital stream. It will look analog, not digital.

Doubt it does (it is INSTEN brand). It's probably purpose built for some obscure commecial video device (most likely a KVM). There's no stand for piping a digital signal into a D-Sub 15 cable.

1024x768 is pretty pathetic (the one I linked above can do 1920x1080).

FordGT90Concept, Nov 5, 2019
  4. HDMI to VGA cable issue

Sound through cable with HDMI into VGA system

I do a lot of presentations using Power Point with video clips and audio. Since most of the places I present use a built in VGA system and I now have a HDMI pc I bought an interface that allows me to change my HDMI signal to work on the VGA projector. The
    slides present fine. The converter also has an audio jack that allows me to plug a cable into the converter and into the sound input plug on the VGA system. I can't get any sound from anything I have tried. I'm running W10. If it matters the audio runs
    fine on a Bluetooth speaker when the visual is going to a VGA system but that isn't sufficient for large auditoriums. Any ideas?

Cloudchaser01, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

HDMI to VGA cable issue

1. HDMI to VGA cable issue - Similar Threads - HDMI VGA cable

2. Vga and hdmi no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vga and hdmi no signal: Okay so a while back I bought the hp victus 15l from Walmart. I upgraded the OS to windows 11 all was great until free mcfee virus protection expired I hadn't had a chance to do anything but listen to Spotify on the computer at this point as my friends weren't available to...
  3. Vga and hdmi no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vga and hdmi no signal: Okay so a while back I bought the hp victus 15l from Walmart. I upgraded the OS to windows 11 all was great until free mcfee virus protection expired I hadn't had a chance to do anything but listen to Spotify on the computer at this point as my friends weren't available to...
  4. VGA to hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VGA to hdmi adapter: just purchased a computer with Windows 11. I want to connect a monitor with a VGA male connection. I bought a n Insignia vga to hdmi adapter and connected it through HDMI. However, the monitor has a floating bubble that says "no vga cable”. What’s going on? How do I make this...
  5. VGA to hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VGA to hdmi adapter: just purchased a computer with Windows 11. I want to connect a monitor with a VGA male connection. I bought a n Insignia vga to hdmi adapter and connected it through HDMI. However, the monitor has a floating bubble that says "no vga cable”. What’s going on? How do I make this...
  6. What Cable To Use on Monitor with HDMI, and VGA Port on Computer

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    What Cable To Use on Monitor with HDMI, and VGA Port on Computer: Received my new HP Pro desktop, and find this computer doesn't have a HDMI port. Only a VGA one. So, what type of cable will be needed? Seems I need a cable with VGA male on one end and HDMI male on the other end for it to work. Is this the way to go, or do I need something...
  7. What Cable To Use on Monitor with HDMI, and VGA Port on Computer

in Windows 10 Support
    What Cable To Use on Monitor with HDMI, and VGA Port on Computer: Received my new HP Pro desktop, and find this computer doesn't have a HDMI port. Only a VGA one. So, what type of cable will be needed? Seems I need a cable with VGA male on one end and HDMI male on the other end for it to work. Is this the way to go, or do I need something...
  8. HDMI to VGA cable issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI to VGA cable issue: Hi there, recently when i was working with my PC, my monitor went black and started saying "power saving mode", after a few day and changing VGA cable and power cable, etc. I just understood that my HDMI to VGA cable was the issue.I just bought a new one from Asus brand, Now...
  9. HDMI to VGA adapter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI to VGA adapter: I use the HDMI to VGA adapter to connect one of the old monitor as second monitor on my system. It works great. But, twice now, the adapter seemed to stop working after I unplug the monitor from the adapter when it is still hot. Does it make sense that the adapter would burn...
  10. Connect Laptop to TV using VGA- HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect Laptop to TV using VGA- HDMI cable: Hi, I am using Dell Vostro 3466 and it doesnt have HDMI port so I am using VGA to HDMI port. I am trying to connect it with my smart tv but it says no signal. My laptop display has been destroyed and I can barely see whats on it. Please suggest shortcuts or work arounds...