Windows 10: HDMI-usb C connection between laptop and monitor doesn't always work

Discus and support HDMI-usb C connection between laptop and monitor doesn't always work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a razor blade stealth 13" laptop and an LG monitor that has an HDMI port. My laptop has USB C ports and no HDMI. I connect my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ImanGharraie, Dec 30, 2020.

1. HDMI-usb C connection between laptop and monitor doesn't always work

Hi there,

I have a razor blade stealth 13" laptop and an LG monitor that has an HDMI port. My laptop has USB C ports and no HDMI. I connect my monitor to my laptop with a cable that has HDMI on one end and USB C on the other end. When I connect the monitor to my laptop, my laptop doesn't always recognize the monitor on the first try. It takes like 3 times for me to connect the cable to my laptop and disconnect it till finally my laptop makes the connection sound and recognizes my monitor.

I am using windows 10 Home and my drivers are all updated. Is there a way to fix this problem? thank you.

:)

ImanGharraie, Dec 30, 2020

2. Odd issue with HDMI connection to monitor

I have a HP Spectre x360. This laptop doesn't have a HDMI port. Instead I use a USB-C to HDMI/VGA adapter. No issues until the recent 1903 Feature Update. After this update, my laptop will not recognise the monitor that is connected.

I have troubleshooted in the following ways:

- Connecting a Samsung Galaxy phone to the monitor via the same HDMI and USB-C adapter - Success, the adapter, cable and monitor must be working.

- Connecting my laptop to a different monitor using a VGA connection with the same adapter - Success, the laptop can at least handle a second monitor via VGA.

- Uninstalling and reinstalling laptop graphics drivers - no success. When connecting the monitor via USB-C to HDMI, in Settings>System>Display - the "Rearrange your displays" visual simply doesnt appear.

So it looks like my laptop is struggling with HDMI input - but via a HDMI to USB-C adapter, since there is no HDMI port.

Could not find a way to restore it back to before the update.

Any help appreciated.

Michael6882563, Dec 30, 2020
  3. HDMI and USB-C ports are not working

Hi Robert and John,

I will try that Robert as soon as I understand how. And yes my screen blinks and no affects to other monitor. Just says vga and hmdi are inactive.

And for John. Something got right, since Windows doesn´t anymore say that it doesn´t regocnice USB-C port. But yeah, neither still works and no second screen.

Ostin sitten uuden näytön, Dec 30, 2020
  4. gbicocca Win User

HDMI-usb C connection between laptop and monitor doesn't always work

HDMI Disable

Thanks Greg for you quick reply!

I've update the drivers on my Windows. I use the same cable with no issues with the following configurations:

• Laptop with no USB-C Hub. connected through laptop hdmi port to monitor.
    • Laptop with Anker HUB 7 in 1 USB-C connected throught laptop hdmi port to monitor
    • Laptop with Anker HUB 7 in 1 USB-C connected throught USB-C hub hdmi port to monitor
    • Laptop with Flepow 12 in 1 USB-C connected throught USB-C hub hdmi port to monitor
    After that test I can prove that

The HDMI cable works and my monitor works. The only enviroment when my monitor appear have not signal is when the USB-C Hub is connected but only the Flepow.

If I disconnect the Flepow from my laptop and the laptop is connected to my monitor I have extended view in both monitor (Dell SP2309W and laptop builtin) after that I connect the Flepow extended vision works but if I restart the laptop with hub-c connected
    I the laptop hdmi port do not send signal.

I send mail to flepow support but do not receive information. I think that is soming with configuration. :S

Thanks!

Guido

gbicocca, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

HDMI-usb C connection between laptop and monitor doesn't always work

1. HDMI-usb C connection between laptop and monitor doesn't always work - Similar Threads - HDMI usb connection

2. USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected: I just purchased a new Asus Vivobook. After powering it up and installing updates and a secondary monitor with HMDI TO HDMI connection that works fine. I then plugged a USBC cable into my usbc port an attached the other end of the cable into the HDMI port of my monitor. The...
  3. USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C to HDMI monitor not detected: I just purchased a new Asus Vivobook. After powering it up and installing updates and a secondary monitor with HMDI TO HDMI connection that works fine. I then plugged a USBC cable into my usbc port an attached the other end of the cable into the HDMI port of my monitor. The...
  4. Connecting laptop to monitor via usb-c won’t work

Connecting laptop to monitor via usb-c won’t work: Good evening,I recently purchased an ASUS M16 2022. Today I attempted to use the USB-c to display port on my monitor, but when do so the monitor just displays ransoms colors. However, when I used my second USB-C, it works. Is there any driver or solution to fix this?...
  5. USB-C hub HDMI connection not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C hub HDMI connection not working: Hi everyoneI just replaced my UDB-C hub because i had persistent audio issues. I went with a Satechi one with two HDMI ports. For it to work I followed the instructions and installed the SiliconMotion driver. The second screen lit up but is weirdly green. See the picture...
  6. USB-C hub HDMI connection not working

USB-C hub HDMI connection not working: Hi everyoneI just replaced my UDB-C hub because i had persistent audio issues. I went with a Satechi one with two HDMI ports. For it to work I followed the instructions and installed the SiliconMotion driver. The second screen lit up but is weirdly green. See the picture...
  7. USB-C monitors connected to Dock doesn't work at login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C monitors connected to Dock doesn't work at login screen: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T14 AMD and a Lenovo Thinkpad USB-C / Thunderbolt dock. The laptop ONLY has USB-C , NOT Thunderbolt. My issue is that the 2 monitors connected to the dock are not detected if i connect the dock before logging into Windows 10eg:1. Computer is...
  8. USB-C monitors connected to Dock doesn't work at login screen

USB-C monitors connected to Dock doesn't work at login screen: I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T14 AMD and a Lenovo Thinkpad USB-C / Thunderbolt dock. The laptop ONLY has USB-C , NOT Thunderbolt. My issue is that the 2 monitors connected to the dock are not detected if i connect the dock before logging into Windows 10eg:1. Computer is...
  9. USB-C monitors connected to Dock doesn't work at login screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. USB -C Video Adapter with HDMI doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB -C Video Adapter with HDMI doesn't work: I'm trying to connect my laptop with a TV screen through USB-C connecting with an HDMI. My laptop (Asus Zenbook UX330U in Window 10 64-bit) recognizes an USC-C input (proof). However, when I tried to detect the 2nd screen and connect with my TV, my display didn't recognize...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp spectre usb c to hdmi stopped working