Windows 10: HDMI Viewing

Discus and support HDMI Viewing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I need help urgently on how to resolve this. I've got two laptops with me here, one has Windows 8 and the one has Windows 10. When I connect the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kabelo2K, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Kabelo2K Win User

HDMI Viewing

Hi,

I need help urgently on how to resolve this. I've got two laptops with me here, one has Windows 8 and the one has Windows 10. When I connect the Windows 8 laptop to my flat screen TV via HDMI, it works perfectly.

BUT when i connect the Windows 10 laptop, I only see my desktop with the taskbar only. The files on the desktop do not appear on the TV. I can access the Start menu and try to open any application, I'll be able to see on my laptop that it's open, but when I look at the TV screen, it still shows a blank desktop but i can see on the taskbar that the application is opened. Can someone please assist me on how to resolve this?

By the way, I've also got a Smart TV flat screen which is for the family, and my Windows 10 laptops works perfectly there. But I'd like to know what settings i need to adjust so it can also work on my old flat screen.

:)

Kabelo2K, Feb 23, 2020
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Feb 23, 2020
  3. HDMI

Hi Craig,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please try the methods below and check if it works.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check.

Let’s first check if “HDMI Output” is selected as the default device.

Follow these steps:

• Click Start and select
      Control Panel.
    • On the right hand side of the screen, under
      View by: click the drop-down icon and select Large icons.
    • Click Sound.
    • If you do not have the
      HDMI Output listed under “Playback” tab, right click in the
      playback window and select Show Disabled Device and
      Show Disconnected Device.
    • If the HDMI Output option appears, right-click
      HDMI Output and select Default
      Device.
    Now the audio must be playing on HDMI

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the HDMI drivers. Refer the below link to check how to update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

If the issue persist, try to update the recent HDMI drivers from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Feb 23, 2020
  4. DrPepper Win User

HDMI Viewing

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

HDMI Viewing

1. HDMI Viewing - Similar Threads - HDMI Viewing

2. Need help with hdmi connectivity without GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with hdmi connectivity without GPU: Hey there ,I need assistance with the hdmi related issue . I have my old laptop Acer Nitro 5 2019 with gtx 1050, i5-7300HQ . recently my GPU stopped working so my laptop runs over integrated graphics only.. previously i use to use this laptop as my diy pc but since my GPU is...
  3. Need help with hdmi connectivity without GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need help with hdmi connectivity without GPU: Hey there ,I need assistance with the hdmi related issue . I have my old laptop Acer Nitro 5 2019 with gtx 1050, i5-7300HQ . recently my GPU stopped working so my laptop runs over integrated graphics only.. previously i use to use this laptop as my diy pc but since my GPU is...
  4. Screen flickers twice when hdmi is connected or when any project option other than...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flickers twice when hdmi is connected or when any project option other than...: I tried to enable auto colour management which didn't work. Anytime I clicked the button, it would flash on, then turn back off. My laptop screen also flickers once. Since then, whenever I connect my HDMI or choose any project option other than duplicate, my laptop screen...
  5. Screen flickers twice when hdmi is connected or when any project option other than...

Screen flickers twice when hdmi is connected or when any project option other than...: I tried to enable auto colour management which didn't work. Anytime I clicked the button, it would flash on, then turn back off. My laptop screen also flickers once. Since then, whenever I connect my HDMI or choose any project option other than duplicate, my laptop screen...
  6. HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10

HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10: My laptop has a broken screen and i use HDMI to connect it to TV screen. i upgraded to windows 10 and now i cant switch screens again, tried Win + P and it doesnt work, i think im in middle of upgrade because i can barely see little blue window on top of my screen and it...
  7. HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10: My laptop has a broken screen and i use HDMI to connect it to TV screen. i upgraded to windows 10 and now i cant switch screens again, tried Win + P and it doesnt work, i think im in middle of upgrade because i can barely see little blue window on top of my screen and it...
  8. HDMI not working after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. KB 4507435 has disturbed HDMI relay to TV - how to restore viewing?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    KB 4507435 has disturbed HDMI relay to TV - how to restore viewing?: After Cumulative Update installed yesterday, 18/07/2019, showing as KB4507435, the relay to TV is disrupted. Never had a problem using a HDMI cable from laptop to TV until now. Image is elongated and impossible to watch. Also in apps such as VLC the lower controls (Play,...
  10. I am not Getting full screen TV view from laptop HDMI outpuy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am not Getting full screen TV view from laptop HDMI outpuy: I am not getting full screen view on my samsung tv after connecting my lap top through HDMI . i had tried adjusting it in the display option but was unsuccessful...