Windows 10: HDMI volume control on TV or windows?

Discus and support HDMI volume control on TV or windows? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have my PC connected to my TV through HDMI and use it as a display with sound. What of the following should I do for volume control: Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Saikat0511, Jun 5, 2020.

1. HDMI volume control on TV or windows?

I have my PC connected to my TV through HDMI and use it as a display with sound. What of the following should I do for volume control:

1. Windows volume @ 100 and use TV remote for volume control
    2. TV volume @ 100 and use windows for volume control

Is there any difference in audio quality between the two? I noticed the volume increments seems bigger when I use option 2.

submitted by /u/Saikat0511
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Saikat0511, Jun 5, 2020

2. PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Jun 5, 2020
  3. hdmi volume is present only on the pc not with the tv on windows 10

Original Title - hdmi volume only on pc

hdmi volume is present only on the pc not with the tv on windows 10

winmic2388, Jun 5, 2020
  4. HDMI volume control on TV or windows?

connecting smart TV with windows 10 PC using HDMI cable

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have better clarity on the issue, answer the below-listed questions and get back to us.

1. What is the make and model number of your TV and your computer?
    2. Do you get any error message on the TV or on your computer when trying to connect the computer and TV using HDMI Cable?
    3. We appreciate that you have performed the troubleshooting steps, so could you let us know what troubleshooting steps you have already tried?

Meanwhile, follow the below steps and see if this helps.

Before trying the below steps, turn off your computer as well as your TV.

Step 1: Plug one end of the HDMI Port in the TV and the other to the computers HDMI Port. Then, turn on both your computer as well as TV.

Note: Make sure that the TV is set to the exact HDMI Channel from the Input Settings (refer your TV manual).

Step 2: Once you perform the Step 1, the computer should output its screen automatically to the TV. If it failed to do so, then follow below steps.

Step 3: Press the Windows key and the R key from your keyboard and type
    Control and hit Enter.

Step 4: Switch the View by Category to
    Small icons
    > Click on Display > On the left pane, click on
    Adjust resolution.

Step 5: Under Display, click on the drop-down list and choose your TV name select the appropriate resolution for the TV to display.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

HDMI volume control on TV or windows?

1. HDMI volume control on TV or windows? - Similar Threads - HDMI volume control

2. No sound on HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound on HDMI TV: I get no sound coming out of my TV when l connect it to my PC, instead it comes out from the tower.In the sound setting, the TV shows as "Not connected/not plugged in". l have tried troubleshooting it by changing the HDMI cable, and trying different ports on the TV. The TV...
  3. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdmi tv: I had hdmi for two years. I cleaned my laptop and now on my tv screen only shows image of my laptop back ground. It will not let me use my tv as a screen, but I do have sound that comes from my tv that is from the laptop. Can anybody explain to me what happen or how to fix...
  4. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hdmi tv: I had hdmi for two years. I cleaned my laptop and now on my tv screen only shows image of my laptop back ground. It will not let me use my tv as a screen, but I do have sound that comes from my tv that is from the laptop. Can anybody explain to me what happen or how to fix...
  5. hdmi tv

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. HDMI not working on tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI not working on tv: I'm hoping one of you can help me with this. I just bought a new ASUS Laptop BR1100 BR1100FKA-BP0548R. My problem is that when I try to connect to a smart tv using HDMI, it's not working. The problem is not the cord because when I used my Microsoft laptop, I was able to...
  7. hdmi cable to tv

hdmi cable to tv: Since installing windows 10 i cant get the hdmi cable from laptop to tv to work, i was working fine prior to me downloading windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-cable-to-tv/fbb308ac-309b-4ec2-a047-673dfeec99e9
  8. HDMI no sound on TV

HDMI no sound on TV: the audio from my computer doesn't play on the TV with my HDMI cord. It worked a few days ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-no-sound-on-tv/46d8c4ec-ed5d-4022-8c9d-6af70522895b
  9. hdmi to tv

in Windows 10 Customization
    hdmi to tv: i cant see all of my screen it seem that it is streched both top and bottem cant see the bottem half of my task bare https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-to-tv/17330edf-3ace-49fa-8d45-1a831895338b
  10. Movies & TV application volume control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies & TV application volume control: The Windows 10 Movies & TV application is not able to control the volume. Is there any way in Windows 10 Pro to allow individual applications to control volume?...