Windows 10: HDMI won't play sound.

Discus and support HDMI won't play sound. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had a problem a few months ago when my sound drivers stopped working and it was really difficult to fix. I had to uninstall every sound driver i had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Profound_Psyche, Jun 5, 2020.

1. HDMI won't play sound.

I had a problem a few months ago when my sound drivers stopped working and it was really difficult to fix. I had to uninstall every sound driver i had and reinstall them but now when i plug an HDMI cable my laptop won't detect the tv as a sound device. and i have a sound driver that i think maybe causing the problem but it won't uninstall.

submitted by /u/Profound_Psyche
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Profound_Psyche, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Hdmi sound not working

Hi Peter,

One possible reason why the HDMI sound does not work is due to the conflicts with the playback settings. For us to help you make the HDMI sound to work, we suggest that you answer the following questions for further research:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried to download and install the most updated sound and display driver of your computer?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps on this
    article
    as our initial troubleshooting and see if there will be any changes on the HDMI sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jun 5, 2020
  3. My Laptop won´t play any sounds when I connect it to LG soundbar through Bluetooth.

My Laptop won´t play any sounds when I connect it to LG soundbar through Bluetooth

The sounds will be still playing out of the laptop and there is not any output settings to set it to LG output.

On the LG soundbar I see the PC is connected but not any sounds.

I have tried to update drivers, but wasnt helpful.

Please recommend me something..

Thanks!

DavidCeska, Jun 5, 2020
  4. HDMI won't play sound.

Is it possible to play sound through headphones and HDMI output simultaneously?

Hi David,

I would like to inform that it is not possible to output sound through both the HDMI and the headphone jack simultaneously.

But you can watch video through HDMI and listen via headphone jack.

Follow the steps below.

• Right click on the speaker icon in the taskbar
    • Left click playback devices
    • Right click HDMI
    • Select Disable.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

HDMI won't play sound.

1. HDMI won't play sound. - Similar Threads - HDMI won't play

2. Playing sound for Oculus through HDMI

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Playing sound for Oculus through HDMI: Hello all, I am currently messing around with a setup in order to use my VR set in the living room rather than in my office. I've got some wiring from my PC to my living room: 3x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI. The USB wires are directly connected to my Oculus devices (headset and...
  3. HDMI won't play sound.

HDMI won't play sound.: I had a problem a few months ago when my sound drivers stopped working and it was really difficult to fix. I had to uninstall every sound driver i had and reinstall them but now when i plug an HDMI cable my laptop won't detect the tv as a sound device. and i have a sound...
  4. Sound suddenly won't play.

Sound suddenly won't play.: Hi. I have a problem with my Realtek sound. It was working fine until Friday. No sound would play through it. When I try to run a test, it would say "Error. Failed to play test tone". Now I've been through the entire "Fix Sound Problems in Windows 10" 10 point list. It still...
  5. Chrome Won't Play Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Chrome Won't Play Sound: Hello, There was a recent update that went out for Windows 10 which I got. Shortly thereafter I downloaded Discord on my laptop. While in Discord, I was testing out their new screen sharing function by playing a youtube video which noticeably wasn't playing sound. Ever...
  6. Laptop plays sound over HDMI display

Laptop plays sound over HDMI display: I have my Nintendo Switch connected to my laptop (Alienware 17) via HDMI. As of today, when I turn on the console, the laptop monitor displays the image of the Switch, but the audio from a browser or anything else still plays instead of the sounds from the Switch. There is no...
  7. Speaker or HDMI sound play auto-switch

Speaker or HDMI sound play auto-switch: I have two screens, one LCD and one HDMI TV screen. They are setup to as an extended large screen, so I can move my video player from one to the other by the mouse. I would like to set up, so that when I play video one the LCD screen, the sound played from the speaker, and...
  8. Speaker or HDMI sound play auto-switch

in Windows 10 Support
    Speaker or HDMI sound play auto-switch: I have two screens, one LCD and one HDMI TV screen. They are setup to as an extended large screen, so I can move my video player from one to the other by the mouse. I would like to set up, so that when I play video one the LCD screen, the sound played from the speaker, and...
  9. PC won't play sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC won't play sound: I recently updated some of my audio drivers because my computer kept crashing (thread stuck in device driver error) and that appeared to be the only driver for which an update was available. Now I have no sound. My speakers won't play any sound of any kind (system sounds or...
  10. Error sounds won't play

Error sounds won't play: I've been having a problem, and it started ever since I changed my system sound scheme. It worked fine until I restarted my computer, and now whenever I get an error or trigger things that should make a sound, nothing happens. I changed it back to default but still no sound...