Windows 10: hdmi

Discus and support hdmi in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when I go to hdmi input on my tv I get a screen and nothing else, win 10 new fully loaded computer, on my old one it worked same tv... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GREGLEE3, Dec 6, 2018.

1. GREGLEE3 Win User

hdmi

when I go to hdmi input on my tv I get a screen and nothing else, win 10 new fully loaded computer, on my old one it worked same tv

:)

GREGLEE3, Dec 6, 2018
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Dec 6, 2018
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Dec 6, 2018
  4. hdmi

PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

hdmi

1. hdmi - Similar Threads - hdmi

2. hdmi connection issues.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hdmi connection issues.: I have just bought an lg 4k tv with four hdmi ports,I keep having to switch ports to get a signal don't know if this is problem with tv or my computer, I think there was a post saying it maybe a windows update that was the problem ?, but that mite be usb not sure thanks....
  3. sound with hdmi cable

sound with hdmi cable: I connected my computer with an hdmi cable to my tv and the display and sound worked fine. But every time that I wake my computer up after that I have no sound unless I disconnect and then reconnect the hdmi cable to the tv. How can this be resolved without having to...
  4. Speaker or HDMI sound play auto-switch

Speaker or HDMI sound play auto-switch: I have two screens, one LCD and one HDMI TV screen. They are setup to as an extended large screen, so I can move my video player from one to the other by the mouse. I would like to set up, so that when I play video one the LCD screen, the sound played from the speaker, and...
  5. Speaker or HDMI sound play auto-switch

in Windows 10 Support
    Speaker or HDMI sound play auto-switch: I have two screens, one LCD and one HDMI TV screen. They are setup to as an extended large screen, so I can move my video player from one to the other by the mouse. I would like to set up, so that when I play video one the LCD screen, the sound played from the speaker, and...
  6. No sound to tv through hdmi cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    No sound to tv through hdmi cable: I have a tv hooked up to my laptop through an HDMI cable. The display comes across beautifully, but there is no sound. I've found my tv, but it gives me no options. When I went into the settings and got to the playback devices, it says the HDMI isn't plugged in. I'm forced...
  7. How do I get a signal when connecting an HDMI Monitor to a Dell computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get a signal when connecting an HDMI Monitor to a Dell computer: How do I get a signal when connecting an HDMI Monitor to a Dell computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-a-signal-when-connecting-an-hdmi/c8afc994-81eb-4ba4-b0e3-77e60db1d5df
  8. Computer doesn't detect second screen and HDMI port doesn't work after last Windows 10 update

Computer doesn't detect second screen and HDMI port doesn't work after last Windows 10 update: I use my computer at the office with a second monitor connected through a VGA to HDMI converter. This is important for me as a Graphic Designer who needs to look at various things at the same time. Last night it was all in working order. This morning after the Windows...
  9. connecting 5.1 receiver to pc via hdmi without second screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    connecting 5.1 receiver to pc via hdmi without second screen: i have connected my 5.1 receiver to my pc via hdmi so i have the best possible audio formats , this results in the problem that my pc thinks that there is a second screen , so when i open a file etc. , it sometimes opens in this second screen wich i cant see. i can disable...
  10. BSOD after having connected DELL XPS 13 laptop to DELL monitor or Samsung TV using HDMI cable

BSOD after having connected DELL XPS 13 laptop to DELL monitor or Samsung TV using HDMI cable: I have a almost 2 year old DELL XPS 13 which up till recently has worked perfectly without a glitch. I have in the past connected my laptop to a tv screen for presentation purposes using an HDMI cable. I bought a DELL monitor last August and ever since then it has caused...