Windows 10: hdmi

Discus and support hdmi in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when I go to hdmi input on my tv I get a screen and nothing else, win 10 new fully loaded computer, on my old one it worked same tv... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GREGLEE3, Dec 6, 2018.

1. GREGLEE3 Win User

hdmi

when I go to hdmi input on my tv I get a screen and nothing else, win 10 new fully loaded computer, on my old one it worked same tv

:)

GREGLEE3, Dec 6, 2018
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Dec 6, 2018
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Dec 6, 2018
  4. hdmi

PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

hdmi

1. hdmi - Similar Threads - hdmi

2. Easy fix for black screen on HDMI monitor after update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Easy fix for black screen on HDMI monitor after update.: Shutdown everything. Don't just switch your monitor off. Unplug it and plug it back in. Presto, problem solved. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/easy-fix-for-black-screen-on-hdmi-monitor-after/16b28f4f-960a-4476-a57d-ed65593c440b
  3. how do I get my display to show on the tv using HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I get my display to show on the tv using HDMI: Have surface pro wired to tv with HDMI but it does not appear on screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-display-to-show-on-the-tv-using/7fd7c623-ed1a-491f-81b7-5a61c6e3f075
  4. HDMI to monitor no longer responding

HDMI to monitor no longer responding: I've got a generic 22-inch Dynex monitor hooked up to my Dell desktop running Win10. It has been a bit fussy connecting through the desktop's HDMI jack in the past, but it's been fine for more than a year ... until the 12/12 Win10 update. Suddenly I'm getting "no signal" on...
  5. HDMI connections not working after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HDMI connections not working after Windows 10 update: Hi, I have Windows 10 installed on my personal laptop. My laptop does not connect to my external monitor and to my projector since I received the recent 'critical update' (dated October 2018 I believe). I updated graphics card drivers and tried a different cable but HDMI...
  6. HDMI connections not working after October 2018 update

HDMI connections not working after October 2018 update: Hi, I have Windows 10 installed on my personal laptop. My laptop does not connect to my external monitor and to my projector since I received the recent 'critical update' (dated October 2018 I believe). I updated graphics card drivers and tried a different cable but HDMI...
  7. Connecting HP all-in-1 to TV via HDMI not working after Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Connecting HP all-in-1 to TV via HDMI not working after Win 10 update: I'm assuming the latest update is the culprit...what can I try? This has never been an issue until tonight...it's connected as normal and it's not being projected. The HDMI cable is working. 123506
  8. Connecting HP all-in-1 to TV via HDMI not working after Win 10 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Connecting HP all-in-1 to TV via HDMI not working after Win 10 update: I'm assuming the latest update is the culprit...what can I try? This has never been an issue until tonight...it's connected as normal and it's not being projected. The HDMI cable is working. 123506
  9. hdmi connection issues.

hdmi connection issues.: I have just bought an lg 4k tv with four hdmi ports,I keep having to switch ports to get a signal don't know if this is problem with tv or my computer, I think there was a post saying it maybe a windows update that was the problem ?, but that mite be usb not sure thanks....
  10. sound with hdmi cable

sound with hdmi cable: I connected my computer with an hdmi cable to my tv and the display and sound worked fine. But every time that I wake my computer up after that I have no sound unless I disconnect and then reconnect the hdmi cable to the tv. How can this be resolved without having to...