Windows 10: hdmi

Discus and support hdmi in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; when I go to hdmi input on my tv I get a screen and nothing else, win 10 new fully loaded computer, on my old one it worked same tv... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GREGLEE3, Dec 6, 2018.

1. GREGLEE3 Win User

hdmi

when I go to hdmi input on my tv I get a screen and nothing else, win 10 new fully loaded computer, on my old one it worked same tv

:)

GREGLEE3, Dec 6, 2018
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Dec 6, 2018
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Dec 6, 2018
  4. hdmi

PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

hdmi

1. hdmi - Similar Threads - hdmi

2. Laptop screen goes black when using HDMI cable

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop screen goes black when using HDMI cable: The laptop screen goes black when I am trying to connect it to my Samsung monitor using HDMI cable. This issue occurs when HDMI cable is plugged in...
  3. hdmi outlet not working. help me get it working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hdmi outlet not working. help me get it working: hello peeps.. my HDMI outlet is not working. I have an Acer m5100 desktop computer. I am using the VGA outlet at the bottom of the desktop. and the HDMI outlet in the middle of the back of the computer is not working. I wanna use it to have two displays. can someone tell...
  4. Blank Screens x 2 if Ext Monitor connected via HDMI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Blank Screens x 2 if Ext Monitor connected via HDMI: Dell Inspiron 17, 5000 series, Windows 10, fully up to date re Updates etc. Recent purchase Recently, 3 of us got together, as we do regularly, each bringing own laptop along. I also take a monitor so we can all see the same thing, ie a tutorial. This arrangement seems to...
  5. Blank Screens x 2 if Ext Monitor connected via HDMI

in Windows 10 Support
    Blank Screens x 2 if Ext Monitor connected via HDMI: Dell Inspiron 17, 5000 series, Windows 10, fully up to date re Updates etc. Recent purchase Recently, 3 of us got together, as we do regularly, each bringing own laptop along. I also take a monitor so we can all see the same thing, ie a tutorial. This arrangement seems to...
  6. Unable to connect TV with HDMI cable from the laptop error didn't detect another display.

Unable to connect TV with HDMI cable from the laptop error didn't detect another display.: My HDIM connect worked and for some reason I am unable to connect TV with HDMI cable from my laptop. Error message to didn't detect another display, on setting 2 Please help **Original Title** display settings...
  7. hdmi plug isnt reading firestick

hdmi plug isnt reading firestick: I just installed window 10 and it isn't reading my firestick can someone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-plug-isnt-reading-firestick/161ea05f-8dbe-4e57-9a68-0302939c6885
  8. My HDMI port doesn't work after 5th December 2018 update (Win10)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My HDMI port doesn't work after 5th December 2018 update (Win10): My problem is very clear. After the 5th December 2018 upgrade, my HDMI port stopped work. I can't switch between my laptop screen to the external one. The monitor and HDMI cable works with other PCs. I was trying to upgrade and even downgrade graphics cards drivers - no...
  9. HDMI Has power, no signal

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI Has power, no signal: Okay, so let me start off with me being new to the whole forum thing. I got two broken graphic cards (GTX 960 and a RX 380). I had a broken hdmi cable, cut the broken end off, attached the red and white wire to an led (to light up when receiving power). I tested both graphic...
  10. Dual Monitors going from HDMI to DP

Dual Monitors going from HDMI to DP: I have a Dell Inspiron 3668 with 1 VGA and 1 HDMI outputs. I have 2 Dell E2216H monitors with 1 VGA and 1 DP outputs on each monitor. The first monitor hooked up via VGA works fine. I bought a cable with HDMI on 1 end and DP on the other. But the 2nd monitor will not...