Windows 10: hdmi

Discus and support hdmi in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; after a windows update hdmi no longer works. ive shut every thing down tv and lap top .tried another cord and tv . ive tried everthing i know for weeks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by troyWilliams2, Aug 14, 2019.

1. hdmi

after a windows update hdmi no longer works. ive shut every thing down tv and lap top .tried another cord and tv . ive tried everthing i know for weeks and still wont work. would be grateful for any help.

:)

troyWilliams2, Aug 14, 2019
  2. erocker Win User

Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

I plug my HDMI cable into the card, then into my TV. Those are the steps that I have to do. All the steps you list make absolutely no sense to me.

erocker, Aug 14, 2019
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Why exactly is ATi considered be better at HDMI?

Sound works fine only issue with me is underscan when connecting to my tv.

DrPepper, Aug 14, 2019
  4. hdmi

PC to TV through HDMI

Hi,

Have you tried to reconfigure your audio settings? If not, try to change your audio output settings to HDMI by following the steps below:

• Press Windows ( ) key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware & Sound.
    • Click Manage Audio Devices.
    • Select the HDMI device listed under the Playback tab.
    • Click Set as default and click Ok.

Also, we suggest to update your audio driver.

Let us know how it goes.

Jessica Kal, Aug 14, 2019
Thema:

hdmi

1. hdmi - Similar Threads - hdmi

2. Watching Videos on hdmi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Watching Videos on hdmi: I watch a lot of videos using the hdmi in Windows 10. Is there anyway to pause the video and then restart it with hdmi? Normally I use Media Player Classic watching the videos. 139093
  3. Watching Videos on hdmi

in Windows 10 Support
    Watching Videos on hdmi: I watch a lot of videos using the hdmi in Windows 10. Is there anyway to pause the video and then restart it with hdmi? Normally I use Media Player Classic watching the videos. 139093
  4. HDMI adapters---- lack of small females?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI adapters---- lack of small females?: I have not had much success in finding an HDMI adapter / connector to connect my phone which has USB C, to a cable which has a mini HDMI plug (or is it micro, how can I tell?). I come across any number of mini males, but not mini females, only large ones ------- which seem a...
  5. HDMI adapters---- lack of small females?

in Windows 10 Support
    HDMI adapters---- lack of small females?: I have not had much success in finding an HDMI adapter / connector to connect my phone which has USB C, to a cable which has a mini HDMI plug (or is it micro, how can I tell?). I come across any number of mini males, but not mini females, only large ones ------- which seem a...
  6. HDMI Port On Acer A515 Always Stops Working After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Port On Acer A515 Always Stops Working After Windows Update: Hello All, I have been having this issue for at least 4 Windows 10 updates. The problem shows up after a Windows Update is performed: my HDMI port stops working, meaning no signal detected on my monitor. I was able to resolve it before but I can't do it this time....
  7. HDMI 5.1 audio dead on arrival

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI 5.1 audio dead on arrival: I have a problem. I bought a 5.1 channel HDMI-to-RCA converter so I could decode HDMI and plug the channels (RCA jacks) into 3 stereo amplifiers I have kicking around. I seek joy but have not found it. Driver auto-installed when unit plugged in for the 1st time (USB that I...
  8. Windows always chooses monitor connected via HDMI as primary.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows always chooses monitor connected via HDMI as primary.: I have a laptop which has only VGA and HDMI ports, no DVI-D. I connect a Dell monitor via VGA and my TV via HDMI since I want to use the TV audio when playing videos. Despite the fact that I specify the Dell as primary display in both the Intel HD Graphics and Windows Display...
  9. Windows always chooses monitor connected via HDMI as primary.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows always chooses monitor connected via HDMI as primary.: I have a laptop which has only VGA and HDMI ports, no DVI-D. I connect a Dell monitor via VGA and my TV via HDMI since I want to use the TV audio when playing videos. Despite the fact that I specify the Dell as primary display in both the Intel HD Graphics and Windows Display...
  10. Display port for HDMI not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display port for HDMI not working: I cannot get the second monitor to work. It seems there is no output signal from display port for HDMI. I'm wondering if there is some setting that need to be done? (The monitor (HP LA2306x) is working fine with another computer)...