Windows 10: HDR and fullscreen games on Windows 10 = Issues with notifications !

Discus and support HDR and fullscreen games on Windows 10 = Issues with notifications ! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, If someone from Microsoft could answer me, it would be super nice... I found a lot of topics with the same issue on the xbox and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BNN55, Aug 4, 2020.

1. BNN55 Win User

HDR and fullscreen games on Windows 10 = Issues with notifications !

Hello everyone,

If someone from Microsoft could answer me, it would be super nice...

I found a lot of topics with the same issue on the xbox and windows forums with no answer.

Recently, I bought a brand new monitor with HDR. Everything is perfect except something: when I play a game from the xbox app or from other launchers, HDR works fine but when I have a notification or when I change the volume with my keyboard, my screen turns black during the notifs for 2 or 3 seconds...

I think the problem comes from the notifications: they are certainly not in HDR and that creates a conflict with HDR.

It's not a problem with the Xbox app only but with Windows10 because this issue also appears with notifications from others launchers and my volume button while in fullscreen.

I don't have this problem anymore when I disable HDR but I want to use HDR!

All my drivers are updated. My graphic card as well.

Please help me.

Have a good day, wherever you are and long live Microsoft.

:)

BNN55, Aug 4, 2020
  2. gamerk2 Win User

HDR fullscreen problems

Version: Windows 10 17134

GPU: NVIDIA 1080 Ti (Driver 397.31)

Display: LG OLED 55" B6P

Problem: Windows HDR implementation barely works properly. Here's a list of issues I've seen so far:

1: SDR applications that are not exclusive fullscreen start in HDR mode, distorting the colors. If an OS overlay [such as the volume overlay] come up, the display will go blank until the overlay dissapears.

2: SDR applications that are exclusive fullscreen go blank. From what I can see, my display is in SDR mode, so I'm guessing there's a mismatch between Windows trying to output HDR content and the display receiving it. [And no, the problem is on Windows
    end; the display can handle HDR just fine on other systems]

3: I've had a case where an SDR application, on exit, somehow resulted in the system HDR setting being disabled. I've also had another case where on exit the system is reporting its in HDR mode, but outputting SDR even on the desktop.

So in short: Windows is not managing HDR properly.

gamerk2, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Turning HDR makes color washed out and dull. Fullscreen in games ignores color settings.

I just bought a vesa certified hdr400 monitor and when I turn on windows HDR it looks more like the gamma just got cranked up. I can go turn the contrast up in nvidia control panel and it sort of balances out, but when I go fullscreen in games it lookes
    pale and washed out as if I never made adjustments. The games work well with HDR in windowed, but not windowed borderless or fullscreen. Games I've tried this with include Doom eternal and Sea of Theives.

I'm running a 2070 super on the most recent graphics driver. Windows is up to date.

HaydenJudy, Aug 4, 2020
  4. HDR and fullscreen games on Windows 10 = Issues with notifications !

Notifications while fullscreen playing a game.

Chrome recently changed their notification settings to windows action center.

I now get notifications while fullscreen playing a game.

Is there a way to change that where I still get notifications but doesn't interfere while I'm playing a game?

W.C. Blitzy, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

HDR and fullscreen games on Windows 10 = Issues with notifications !

1. HDR and fullscreen games on Windows 10 = Issues with notifications ! - Similar Threads - HDR fullscreen games

2. Exclusive Fullscreen forcing HDR (all games)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exclusive Fullscreen forcing HDR (all games): Hope someone can help out there. For about the last 6-9 months since some spurious Windows or Nvidia driver update, I have noticed that if I enable HDR within Windows 10, ANY game set to exclusive Full screen mode will force HDR on, regardless if the game supports HDR or not....
  3. Issues HDR with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues HDR with windows 10: HiI'm having a trouble with my Samsung Odyssey G7, SDR looks much better then HDR.I'm running: i9 9900K with RTX2080ti, latest drivers and windows updates Win ver. 21H1 / OS buil 19043.985DxDiag info:Monitor Capabilities: HDR Supported BT2020RGB BT2020YCC Eotf2084Supported...
  4. Not receiving notifications in fullscreen

Not receiving notifications in fullscreen: Hello there, for the last few months I have not been getting notifications while I have anything in full screen. I currently have Focus Assist turned off and I still hear notification sounds from apps such as Discord but I cannot see the actual notification box in the bottom...
  5. Windows 10 forcing HDR on Exclusive Fullscreen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 forcing HDR on Exclusive Fullscreen: Just noticed recently that if I have HDR enable, Windows 10 will try and force HDR on every game if its set to Exclusive Full screen regardless if the game supports HDR or not. This normally results in a terrible image for games that dont support HDR. The only fix seems to be...
  6. Windows 10 HDR issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 HDR issue: submitted by /u/Bhaelros [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l9zvkq/windows_10_hdr_issue/
  7. Issue with HDR in Games, Version 20H2: Games that use Windows HDR work fine, but not games...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with HDR in Games, Version 20H2: Games that use Windows HDR work fine, but not games...: Since I got the 20H2 update recently, HDR doesn't seem to be working on most of my games, only the ones that specifically use the implementation provided by Windows the one in the settings menu. The other ones, like Hitman 2 and 3, Resident Evil 2 & 3, Assassin's Creed games,...
  8. Fullscreen Issues On Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fullscreen Issues On Games: Hello everybody, Yesterday I completed my first PC build. I installed Windows 10 Home on it and ran Windows Update until everything is up to date. I then downloaded and installed my latest graphics card drivers. After installing Steam and the Xbox Beta App, I downloaded...
  9. HDR Issue - Playing games or fullscreen Youtube videos

HDR Issue - Playing games or fullscreen Youtube videos: I recently got an LG HDR compatible monitor. I run with HDR on and for the most part have no issues. I have played 2 games since I got the monitor - Nier : Automata works fine, I also play an older game called Outland. Playing Outland is fine until I exit the game - the...
  10. Notifications while fullscreen playing a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notifications while fullscreen playing a game.: Chrome recently changed their notification settings to windows action center. I now get notifications while fullscreen playing a game. Is there a way to change that where I still get notifications but doesn't interfere while I'm playing a game?...