Windows 10: hdr and gpu usage

Discus and support hdr and gpu usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I put hdr on in windows setting, my gpu usage and temp goes up while im not using any programs.When I use msi afterburner I see it goes to max... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by chrisHakkesteegt, Jan 22, 2019.

1. hdr and gpu usage

When I put hdr on in windows setting, my gpu usage and temp goes up while im not using any programs.When I use msi afterburner I see it goes to max clock speeds when only using the mouse.

As soon as I put hdr off it goes back to normal.

Tried different/clean driver and the same problem occurred.

Someone else ran into the same problems?

:)

chrisHakkesteegt, Jan 22, 2019
  2. kenalbus Win User

Windows 10 CPU usage 100% when Nvidia GPU enabled

I've had the same problem, and have exactly the same GPU model. I was able to set the drivers back to factory default, but any update I've tried (including the most recent) causes the massive cpu usage. I've contacted tech support for both Nvidia and Asus,
    and followed all the steps they suggested, with no luck.

kenalbus, Jan 22, 2019
  3. gamerk2 Win User
    HDR fullscreen problems

Version: Windows 10 17134

GPU: NVIDIA 1080 Ti (Driver 397.31)

Display: LG OLED 55" B6P

Problem: Windows HDR implementation barely works properly. Here's a list of issues I've seen so far:

1: SDR applications that are not exclusive fullscreen start in HDR mode, distorting the colors. If an OS overlay [such as the volume overlay] come up, the display will go blank until the overlay dissapears.

2: SDR applications that are exclusive fullscreen go blank. From what I can see, my display is in SDR mode, so I'm guessing there's a mismatch between Windows trying to output HDR content and the display receiving it. [And no, the problem is on Windows
    end; the display can handle HDR just fine on other systems]

3: I've had a case where an SDR application, on exit, somehow resulted in the system HDR setting being disabled. I've also had another case where on exit the system is reporting its in HDR mode, but outputting SDR even on the desktop.

So in short: Windows is not managing HDR properly.

gamerk2, Jan 22, 2019
  4. Jacob816 Win User

hdr and gpu usage

Setting up HDR on external monitor

Hi just got an HDR capable monitor, a
    U2718q
    , and am using an HDR capable GPU (GeForce 1070). However, Windows 10 doesn't seem to recognize it as an HDR capable display. I followed the guide

HDR and advanced color settings in Windows 10
    , and it says that HDR is not supported. Any idea how to fix that? It's an HDR capable monitor, hooked up via DisplayPort to an HDR capable GPU. I'm running Windows 10 Pro Version 1709, OS Build 16299.64 (just
    updated it today), and also have the latest graphics card driver.

Any ideas what to do?

Jacob816, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

hdr and gpu usage

1. hdr and gpu usage - Similar Threads - hdr gpu usage

2. GPU usage fluctuating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU usage fluctuating: HelloI own a Lenovo legion 5 pro with a 3070 ti and i7-12700h. I have noticed that on my fps games, i have severe gpu usage fluctuations. As in i can go from 120 fps, to 90 to 110 to 70 in a few seconds. Lowering my settings has not improved the fluctuation. I play a lot of...
  3. Excessive GPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excessive GPU usage: The solitaire from microsoft started to use EXCESSIVE gpu usage from 50 - 90%. I am thinking that it's a virus but i am not sure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excessive-gpu-usage/29ef51da-89ba-4f5b-a3a2-4de0d791f873
  4. Excessive GPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excessive GPU usage: The solitaire from microsoft started to use EXCESSIVE gpu usage from 50 - 90%. I am thinking that it's a virus but i am not sure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excessive-gpu-usage/29ef51da-89ba-4f5b-a3a2-4de0d791f873
  5. Gpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Gpu usage: I would like to ask when running a game such as forza horizon 5 at ultra settings on a 2080 ti and i9 9900k is it normal for the gpu usage to be in the 80’s and if so is it bad for your gpu and if you know any fixes let me know...
  6. Gpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gpu usage: I would like to ask when running a game such as forza horizon 5 at ultra settings on a 2080 ti and i9 9900k is it normal for the gpu usage to be in the 80’s and if so is it bad for your gpu and if you know any fixes let me know...
  7. Gpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. GPU Usage Split

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    GPU Usage Split: I have an HP Laptop with both Intel UHD Integrated Graphics and a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650. When running a game Prepar3D is the name, its a flight simulator, the GPU usage seems to be split between both GPUs. In task manager the GTX 1650 shows between 25 and 40 percent usage,...
  9. High GPU usage when HDR is turned on

High GPU usage when HDR is turned on: Hi, I have noticed that when I toggle HDR in setting, my gpu-usage increases heavily. Simple tasks such as moving the mouse around or opening a window sometimes push the GPU to 100% combined with fps drops. When HDR is off, I experience no problems and the usage of the...
  10. GPU at 0% usage

GPU at 0% usage: Hi, I am having a problem. My GPU is always a 0%. I am using a windows 10 hp computer with a video card I installed. My display from the video card works normal but it's not being utilized when I play video games. When I play games, my cpu jumps to about 90 and my gpu stays...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. potplayer 64 and madvr high gpu usage