Windows 10: HDR and WCG will not turn on for 4k 60hz, only 30hz (and 24hz) nvidia gtx 1070 TI

Discus and support HDR and WCG will not turn on for 4k 60hz, only 30hz (and 24hz) nvidia gtx 1070 TI in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; what gives. i've seen this post as in issue for over a year... i have this issue. should i dump nvidia and go with the mother board hdmi port (intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SamnSat, Feb 10, 2019.

1. SamnSat Win User

HDR and WCG will not turn on for 4k 60hz, only 30hz (and 24hz) nvidia gtx 1070 TI

what gives. i've seen this post as in issue for over a year... i have this issue. should i dump nvidia and go with the mother board hdmi port (intel i7 8700). all componants are to spec, cables, hdmi ver. all docs says it supported, but yet only 30hz works on windows 10 (current) with the nvidia drivers (current). i have talked to both microsoft and nvidia, they just point fingers at each other. i waited a year and its still an issue, does someone know how to make it work?

:)

SamnSat, Feb 10, 2019

2. HDR and WCG will not turn on for 4k 60hz, only 30hz.

Hi there,

I have a gtx 1080ti and a Sony x900e tv. Both support HDR10. However if I set the the refresh rate to 4k @ 60hz via the Nvidia Control Panel Windows 10 won't enable HDR.

If I set it to 30hz, Windows 10 will enable HDR.

My TV is confirmed to be compatible at 4k 60hz HDR while Enhanced Format is enabled.

my set up is 3 monitors (2 24" samsung monitors, and 1 Sony tv which is the main display).

It does work at 1080p @ 60hz for HDR though.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

UmeedMalik, Feb 10, 2019
  3. HDR and WCG will not turn on for 4k 60hz, only 30hz.

Hi UmeedMalik,

Issue like this might be due to an outdated videocard driver. I'd like to get more information regarding this so we could further check and provide a more established workaround. Please answer the following:

1. What is the current build and version of your Windows 10?
    2. Is this the first time that you are trying to connect your PC to your TV?
    3. What type of cable did you use to connect your computer to your TV?

In the meantime, try the following suggestions to isolate the issue:

• Download and install all the suggested Windows cumulative and security update.
    • Install the latest video card driver. Download it directly from the manufacturer's website.
    • Use a different HDMI cable. Check if your video cable supports 4k 60hz resolution. Some HDMI cable only supports 30hz at 4k.
    • Try connecting your PC to you TV alone. This will help us eliminate hardware conflict issues.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Gemzon Mar, Feb 10, 2019
  4. HDR and WCG will not turn on for 4k 60hz, only 30hz (and 24hz) nvidia gtx 1070 TI

I could turn on the HDR and WCG setting on initially today when I connected a new HDR TV.

I had some color issues that went away when I turned HDR and WCG off. I updated my Nvidia driver. I can not turn on HDR and WCG. As soon as I click to turn it on, the screen refreshes and resets it to OFF. What is going on? Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070.

I researched this problem and ran dxdiag in response to a microsoft forum article. I received the following, only pertinent lines shown:

Current Mode: 3840 x 2160 (32 bit) (30Hz)

HDR Support: Supported

Monitor Model: SONY TV *00

Monitor Id: SNY8004

Native Mode: 3840 x 2160(p) (30.000Hz)

Output Type: HDMI

Monitor Capabilities: HDR Supported (BT2020RGB BT2020YCC Eotf2084Supported )

Display Pixel Format: DISPLAYCONFIG_PIXELFORMAT_32BPP

Advanced Color: AdvancedColorSupported

PaulSulsky, Feb 10, 2019
Thema:

HDR and WCG will not turn on for 4k 60hz, only 30hz (and 24hz) nvidia gtx 1070 TI

1. HDR and WCG will not turn on for 4k 60hz, only 30hz (and 24hz) nvidia gtx 1070 TI - Similar Threads - HDR WCG turn

2. AddInProcess High GPU Using Nvidia GTX 1070

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AddInProcess High GPU Using Nvidia GTX 1070: Hello everyone.To anyone wondering why your graphics GPU is running at 100% while you're Pc is at idle and your task Manager shows your GPU running at 100 percent though you are not running games or heavy programs.you'll notice this AddInProcess in the Task Manager and notice...
  3. AddInProcess High GPU Using Nvidia GTX 1070

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AddInProcess High GPU Using Nvidia GTX 1070: Hello everyone.To anyone wondering why your graphics GPU is running at 100% while you're Pc is at idle and your task Manager shows your GPU running at 100 percent though you are not running games or heavy programs.you'll notice this AddInProcess in the Task Manager and notice...
  4. AddInProcess High GPU Using Nvidia GTX 1070

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Survey: 60Hz TVs running at 24Hz

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Survey: 60Hz TVs running at 24Hz: It's not a secret that Blu-ray movies look better on 24Hz TVs. What surprised me was, though my TV's manual says it runs solely at 60Hz, and though I could connect via HDMI under Windows solely at 60Hz, I can switch my Sharp TV to 24Hz via a NVIDIA utility! ...And it does...
  6. Unable to Turn On HDR WCG on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Turn On HDR WCG on Windows 10: what gives. i've seen this post as in issue for over a year... i have this issue. should i dump nvidia and go with the mother board hdmi port (intel i7 8700). all componants are to spec, cables, hdmi ver. all docs says it supported, but yet only 30hz works on windows 10...
  7. Best Brand GTX 1070 ti for Overclocking Performance?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Best Brand GTX 1070 ti for Overclocking Performance?: Looking to buy a GTX 1070 ti. Was wondering what's the best Overclocking performance GTX 1070 ti brand before I buy? Thanks
  8. HDR and WCG in Windows 10

HDR and WCG in Windows 10: Problems with turning on HDR and WCG in Windows 10, the image is constantly changing and at some point it gets stuck without having access to the content on the display. This problem intensifies when i try to watch a movie on Netflix, or play a game on PC! I use Windows 10...
  9. HDR and WCG are disabled but my Computer+TV are HDR/WCG capable

HDR and WCG are disabled but my Computer+TV are HDR/WCG capable: The option HDR/WCG is not available under Windows 10 RS4 and disabled under Win10 RS5 build 17713. In here my equipment: Display TV: Samsung TV UHD HDR UE55MU7005TXXC (w/latest firmware: 1221.0). UHD Color function is active for HDMI. HDMI Cable: UGreen 4K HDR 60Hz Cable...
  10. asus gtx 1070

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    asus gtx 1070: hi all I just got a gtx 1070 my issue is when I use gpu tweak it has 3 modes ,oc , gamming, and silent mode when I use the oc mode and play a game the game well play a few minutes the screen will get color pixelated and them bsod gaming and silent seem to be fine did I get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdr only works at 30hz

2. nvidia 1070 ti hdr

3. nvidia only shows sdr not wcg

4. nvidia gtx 1070 enable hdr,
  5. windows displayport 60hz at boot only then 30hz,
  6. gtx 1070 hdr support,
  7. dxdiag 4k hdmi port 30hz,
  8. hdr only at 30,
  9. is 4k uhd 30hz or 60hz,
  10. 4k mointor will only do sdr,
  11. hdr nvidia 1070,