Windows 10: HDR cannot be switched on under Windows 10?

Discus and support HDR cannot be switched on under Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've tried a few things now. Never used to play with it, but until recently I was able to turn it on. The button simply resets itself directly.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tuningboy110, Sep 10, 2020.

1. HDR cannot be switched on under Windows 10?

I've tried a few things now. Never used to play with it, but until recently I was able to turn it on.

The button simply resets itself directly.

My screen is capable and this is also displayed. Also I am up to date.

Restarting the PC did not work either. Unfortunately there is no real help under "Help".

:)

Tuningboy110, Sep 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen.

Hi Willy,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you facing this issue with a particular game or all the games?
    2. Are the colors washed out in the game?
    3. How do you get to know that HDR mode gets disabled?

Meanwhile, try the below methods and check if this helps.

Method 1:
    Update Graphics Card Drivers.

Try updating the Display Drivers,
    restart the computer once after updating the drivers, and check for the issue.

Method 2:
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10.

Try the troubleshooting steps mentioned in
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10
    and check if this helps.

Also, please refer to the section Display requirements for HDR in Windows 10 from the above article to check the compatibility of your monitor for HDR.

Method 3:
    Reduce Frame Rate.

Step 1: Go to Settings
    > System > Display
    > Advanced display settings > Display adapter properties.

Step 2: Switch to
    Monitor
    tab > Select 30 Hertz for the Screen refresh rate and click on
    OK.

Step 3: If you cannot find the option to change
    Frame Rate, reduce resolution by going to Display adapter properties, switch to
    Adapter tab, and select List All Modes.

Step 4: In List All Modes, select the setting that includes
    1920 by 1080, 60 Hertz, then select OK.

Step 5: Once you make the changes,
    restart the computer once and check for the issue.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen.

Hello moderator

1. Its all the games I own that don't support HDR10. Basically when I full screen on a non-HDR game, the screen goes black for a few seconds and HDR gets disabled and all the colors looked washed out (Like its in SDR)

I took 2 screenshots, One is in window mode, the other is in full screen

Windowed mode (HDR on) : Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Full screen mode (HDR off) : Imgur: The magic of the Internet

2. Yes SDR looks washed out. I want to play my games in full screen and in HDR. Playing in windowed mode is a nightmare

3. I know because the monitor goes black for a few seconds and all the colors look washed out (As shown in the screenshots)

Sadly the fixes did not work HDR cannot be switched on under Windows 10? :(

I updated the GPU drivers via GeForce Experience app.

My Monitor does support 4k HDR10

I tried lower the resolution and the refresh rate but that did not work.

Here is a video of my problem

YouTube Link :

Time Stamps :

0:00 HDR mode is on everything looks fine (In the video, when it looks high contrast, that means HDR is on)

0:35 I full screen the game. If you notice the high contrast is no longer there, the colors are washed out

0:46 I disable full screen and HDR mode is back on

*HDR looks high contrast, Ignore that, that's just the video itself.

Im also using windows 10 64bit 1809

WillyMcFly, Sep 10, 2020
  4. HDR cannot be switched on under Windows 10?

HDR Washed out on Windows 10

I have a Sammy 4k HDR TV as a PC monitor. HDR works wonderfully with supported games. You want to switch the tv from PC mode though by selecting "edit" and then select bluray. Now HDR works as intended. Anytime an HDR signal is present the TV works fine. Do not activate it in windows 10. that doesn't work right.

This might not work for your TV but it is a known documented fix for mine.

WhiteNoise, Sep 10, 2020
Thema:

HDR cannot be switched on under Windows 10?

1. HDR cannot be switched on under Windows 10? - Similar Threads - HDR cannot switched

2. Not able to switch other accounts under windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to switch other accounts under windows 10?: Before restoring window, I can switch between users account under windows 10, but not after restoring window, I no longer can switch between users accounts .Any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks...
  3. Not able to switch other accounts under windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to switch other accounts under windows 10?: Before restoring window, I can switch between users account under windows 10, but not after restoring window, I no longer can switch between users accounts .Any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks...
  4. Not able to switch other accounts under windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot switch Windows ID on Windows 10

Cannot switch Windows ID on Windows 10: Hello Everyone,I just reinstalled Windows 10 on an HP Stream 14 machine Used the HP recovery tool kit for that and all was fine including OS updates until the time I wanted to log on with a different Windows ID. I registered an existing user ID on the machine, made sure it...
  6. HDR with windows 10

HDR with windows 10: HiI'm having a trouble with my Samsung Odyssey G7, SDR looks much better then HDR.I'm running: i9 9900K with RTX2080ti, latest drivers and windows updates Win ver. 21H1 / OS buil 19043.985DxDiag info:Monitor Capabilities: HDR Supported BT2020RGB BT2020YCC Eotf2084Supported...
  7. Cannot turn on HDR mode in Windows 10 Pro N.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot turn on HDR mode in Windows 10 Pro N.: I don't know if that feature is missing from the N version or something else. When I click the button both screens go black for a sec then I see that the option is still turned off. (Tried with regedit too) From the 3 things that say your display supports HDR in the same...
  8. Cannot re-enable the Stream HDR video switch after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 News
    Cannot re-enable the Stream HDR video switch after Windows 10 upgrade: [ATTACH]High Dynamic Range (HDR) video technology is the next great leap forward to reproducing what the naked eye sees in colors and contrast between the brightest whites […] This article Cannot re-enable the Stream HDR video switch after Windows 10 upgrade first appeared...
  9. Dynamic HDR Switching?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dynamic HDR Switching?: Running Windows 10 (1909) with a Nvidia 2080Ti on a Samsung CRG9. Some games (for example, Destiny 2) will automatically switch to HDR when launched, even if the HDR option isn't turned on in Windows. Most games, though (for example, Sea of Thieves and Modern Warfare) won't....
  10. windows 10 and HDR

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    windows 10 and HDR: i have the creators update and HDR ready hardware. i want to play a full UHD BR rip. i'm using media player classic home cinema and madVR. should i be using RGB full in the nvidia control panel or one of the ycbcr settings? when i wanted to play an HDR game i had to use ycbcr...