Windows 10: HDR content in Window 10

Discus and support HDR content in Window 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So I have been trying to fix the HDR content on my laptop Lenovo X1 Extreme Gen 2, 4K OLED because the colours are too saturated beyond what normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HuzaifahMasood, Aug 20, 2020.

1. HDR content in Window 10

So I have been trying to fix the HDR content on my laptop Lenovo X1 Extreme Gen 2, 4K OLED because the colours are too saturated beyond what normal saturation of colours should look like. I even had the entire screen replaced and still no fix.

Upon inspecting the Windows settings for HDR, I noticed that other users on the internet have more settings available for their HDR content than I do despite the fact that my settings say "Yes" for all 3 of the "Display Capabilities". I also noticed that the option to calibrate my display for HDR in Windows settings, only appears when I swtich HDR OFF. As soon as I switch HDR back ON, that setting disappears.

Please could someone guide me, my HDR is too saturated and I do not know how to fix it on my own, I have tried spending hours upon hours looking for a way to fix it - but it seems that I am the only one experiencing an issue like this since no one has posted anything about the issue like mine.

Please excuse me or the long post, it's one of my first time's using this platform to get help.

Thanking you all in advance for any help :

:)

HuzaifahMasood, Aug 20, 2020

2. Windows 10 HDR & SDR

Quotes from this
    article
    :

To enjoy HDR video, you need the right content, hardware and software.

To get HDR, go to Settings > System > Display, and turn on “HDR and WCG.”

This
    article
    gives you a list of requirements.

Smittychat., Aug 20, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    HDR content not being displayed properly

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to get the exact HDR content displayed on the computer.

I suggest you to refer the section Fixing common problems
    from the article
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10
    and check if that helps in resolving the issue.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Sat4all Win User

HDR content in Window 10

HDR content not being displayed properly

Hi,

My windows 10 always send fake hdr metadata 1000/20 metadata instead of the actual MaxCLL/MaxFALL and bogus 1000/0.030 instead of actual Max/Min DL which make HDR content look blindly over bright, while playing the same HDR content with My TV internal player
    things look normal. HDR games also look over bright bcs of this bug.

Regards

***Modified title from: Fake HDR metadata***

Sat4all, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

HDR content in Window 10

1. HDR content in Window 10 - Similar Threads - HDR content Window

2. Windows HDR and HDR certifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows HDR and HDR certifications: In my laptop display settings I have HDR capability however with the Sony HDR Bravia X9055RJ television I use as a monitor it tells me the HDR certification is missing. I purchased this TV directly from Sony so I contacted, or rather was contacted by, Sony support who told me...
  3. Windows HDR and HDR certifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows HDR and HDR certifications: In my laptop display settings I have HDR capability however with the Sony HDR Bravia X9055RJ television I use as a monitor it tells me the HDR certification is missing. I purchased this TV directly from Sony so I contacted, or rather was contacted by, Sony support who told me...
  4. HDR with windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR with windows 10: HiI'm having a trouble with my Samsung Odyssey G7, SDR looks much better then HDR.I'm running: i9 9900K with RTX2080ti, latest drivers and windows updates Win ver. 21H1 / OS buil 19043.985DxDiag info:Monitor Capabilities: HDR Supported BT2020RGB BT2020YCC Eotf2084Supported...
  5. Both of my win10 desktops have HDR and can stream HDR content, but when I select a...

Both of my win10 desktops have HDR and can stream HDR content, but when I select a...: Both of my win10 desktops have HDR and can stream HDR content, but when I select a streaming service that supports this, I only see the HD stream Using google chrome, firefox, and other browsers; services amazon prime video, Disney plus, and Hulu.My internet is 300mbps...
  6. How to best watch HDR content on a sdr monitor (or fake HDR)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to best watch HDR content on a sdr monitor (or fake HDR): nowadays most 4k releases are easier to get in HDR but my monitor is SDR with a fake HDR mode, I can activate it in windows if that helps, but is there any video player that can handle it good? (it has tone mapping) submitted by /u/Lower_Fan [link] [comments]...
  7. Best GPU for HDR 4K Content **I am NOT a gamer**

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Best GPU for HDR 4K Content **I am NOT a gamer**: Good evening to all who view this post. I want to purchase a new PC (not a laptop, not a media server, but a PC) with a GPU that can display the highest quality 4K content (preferably @60fps) AND HDR where available to my high end 55" 4K UHD HDR Smart TV. Like I said, I am...
  8. about playing hdr content

about playing hdr content: on windows hd colour setting. my display capablities is showing stream hdr videos -yes use hdr-no use wcg-no what is the difference between stream hdr and use hdr? why my display capablities is showing no sign for use hdr and use wcg...
  9. HDR content not being displayed properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDR content not being displayed properly: Hi, My windows 10 always send fake hdr metadata 1000/20 metadata instead of the actual MaxCLL/MaxFALL and bogus 1000/0.030 instead of actual Max/Min DL which make HDR content look blindly over bright, while playing the same HDR content with My TV internal player things look...
  10. windows 10 and HDR

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    windows 10 and HDR: i have the creators update and HDR ready hardware. i want to play a full UHD BR rip. i'm using media player classic home cinema and madVR. should i be using RGB full in the nvidia control panel or one of the ycbcr settings? when i wanted to play an HDR game i had to use ycbcr...