Windows 10: HDR content not being displayed properly

Discus and support HDR content not being displayed properly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, My windows 10 always send fake hdr metadata 1000/20 metadata instead of the actual MaxCLL/MaxFALL and bogus 1000/0.030 instead of actual Max/Min... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sat4all, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Sat4all Win User

HDR content not being displayed properly

Hi,

My windows 10 always send fake hdr metadata 1000/20 metadata instead of the actual MaxCLL/MaxFALL and bogus 1000/0.030 instead of actual Max/Min DL which make HDR content look blindly over bright, while playing the same HDR content with My TV internal player things look normal. HDR games also look over bright bcs of this bug.

Regards

***Modified title from: Fake HDR metadata***

:)

Sat4all, Feb 13, 2019
  2. gamerk2 Win User

HDR fullscreen problems

Version: Windows 10 17134

GPU: NVIDIA 1080 Ti (Driver 397.31)

Display: LG OLED 55" B6P

Problem: Windows HDR implementation barely works properly. Here's a list of issues I've seen so far:

1: SDR applications that are not exclusive fullscreen start in HDR mode, distorting the colors. If an OS overlay [such as the volume overlay] come up, the display will go blank until the overlay dissapears.

2: SDR applications that are exclusive fullscreen go blank. From what I can see, my display is in SDR mode, so I'm guessing there's a mismatch between Windows trying to output HDR content and the display receiving it. [And no, the problem is on Windows
    end; the display can handle HDR just fine on other systems]

3: I've had a case where an SDR application, on exit, somehow resulted in the system HDR setting being disabled. I've also had another case where on exit the system is reporting its in HDR mode, but outputting SDR even on the desktop.

So in short: Windows is not managing HDR properly.

gamerk2, Feb 13, 2019
  3. HDR settings won't turn on

Hi Rajiv,

There are several factors to consider when you encounter issues with the HDR feature in Windows 10. One of those is the app/software compatibility with HDR. To troubleshoot the issue, we suggest checking the troubleshooting methods in this

article
    on fixing common problems in displaying HDR content.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 13, 2019
  4. HDR content not being displayed properly

windows 10 and HDR

i have the creators update and HDR ready hardware. i want to play a full UHD BR rip. i'm using media player classic home cinema and madVR. should i be using RGB full in the nvidia control panel or one of the ycbcr settings? when i wanted to play an HDR game i had to use ycbcr but i hear it's not the same for video. the windows HDR setting under display settings will not turn on when using RGB. i hear windows is suppose to automatically detect HDR content and switch to the correct settings but it has a history of not working properly and not sure how to go about getting HDR movies to properly display.

misterdean, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

HDR content not being displayed properly

1. HDR content not being displayed properly - Similar Threads - HDR content being

2. HDR images not being converted to SDR during the screen capture process properly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR images not being converted to SDR during the screen capture process properly.: This isn't something I expect the community to have a solution for, in fact, I'm not even sure I'm going to get an answer. I don't know is this is the right place, but I don't know where else to put this.I play video games, I've been using the dev version of Windows 11 for a...
  3. HDR in duplicate display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR in duplicate display: https://amp.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/flf7ln/why_exactly_isnt_hdr_supported_for/ Basically same question. How come I can enable HDR on my monitors if they are extended, but I lose that function if it's duplicated. submitted by /u/yjamal01 [link] [comments]...
  4. Duplicate displays with HDR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate displays with HDR: Hi. I'm posting this because I see very little info and documentation on the subject and I'd like to debunk this.As of now, it is not possible to duplicate a display and keep HDR on both. Even though both displays are HDR capable.I take there is no progress on the subject...
  5. Windows 10 Icons not being displayed properly

Windows 10 Icons not being displayed properly: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/sherwinsanto [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mnefgt/windows_10_icons_not_being_displayed_properly/
  6. How to best watch HDR content on a sdr monitor (or fake HDR)

How to best watch HDR content on a sdr monitor (or fake HDR): nowadays most 4k releases are easier to get in HDR but my monitor is SDR with a fake HDR mode, I can activate it in windows if that helps, but is there any video player that can handle it good? (it has tone mapping) submitted by /u/Lower_Fan [link] [comments]...
  7. HDR10 content from PC not triggering the HDR settings on my display

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR10 content from PC not triggering the HDR settings on my display: Other than the Windows HD Color settings, is there something else I need to check for the computer to trigger the HDR display mode on my television? I have a PC connected to a TCL 5-Series Roku television in my living room that supports both HDR10 and Dolby Vision. The HDR...
  8. about playing hdr content

about playing hdr content: on windows hd colour setting. my display capablities is showing stream hdr videos -yes use hdr-no use wcg-no what is the difference between stream hdr and use hdr? why my display capablities is showing no sign for use hdr and use wcg...
  9. HDR content in Window 10

HDR content in Window 10: So I have been trying to fix the HDR content on my laptop Lenovo X1 Extreme Gen 2, 4K OLED because the colours are too saturated beyond what normal saturation of colours should look like. I even had the entire screen replaced and still no fix. Upon inspecting the Windows...
  10. Proper display and adapter not being recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Proper display and adapter not being recognized: Hello all, I typically use my laptop plugged into an ultrawide high resolution and high refresh rate monitor. I unplugged my laptop to take it with me on a family vacation and I haven't been able to play any games or other apps on the laptop since doing so. When I go...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows not recognizing hdr disply properly