Windows 10: HDR in duplicate display

Discus and support HDR in duplicate display in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; https://amp.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/flf7ln/why_exactly_isnt_hdr_supported_for/ Basically same question. How come I can enable HDR on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yjamal01, Jun 14, 2021.

1. HDR in duplicate display

/u/yjamal01, Jun 14, 2021

2. HDR on duplicate displays in Windows 10

Dear Greg,

Thanks for your answer. Sorry for my late reply. I posted the question and then was away for a few days and forgot to check for answers.

Setting the resolution of the monitors separately doesn't seem to fix the issue. The HDR option is still not available.

I did some more searching and found this article from Microsoft suggesting that it may not be possible to have HDR on two duplicated displays at the same time.

HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10

"When you first connect an external display to a laptop, Windows will duplicate your desktop on both displays by default. However, HDR isn’t supported in this configuration. To view HDR content on the external HDR monitor
    or TV, extend your desktop across both displays."

I'm connecting two displays to a desktop PC, but I imagine the same rules apply there as well. It's strange that Windows doesn't support this. There doesn't seem to be any technical reason why it wouldn't work.

yoshimitsuhiro, Jun 14, 2021
  3. HDR on duplicate displays in Windows 10

Hi. I've been trying for weeks now unsuccessfully to activate HDR on two monitors with duplicate display on Windows 10. Both monitors are HDR capable. If I select only one of the displays or extend the displays in Window's display settings, HDR is available,
    but as soon as I choose "duplicate these displays", the HDR option disappears. Is this a known missing feature in Windows 10 or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

yoshimitsuhiro, Jun 14, 2021
  4. THENOAMAN Win User

HDR in duplicate display

HDR with dual duplicate displays doesn't work, only with extended

I have 2 displays, one with HDR support and one without it.

When I set them as extended displays on windows, I can turn on HDR for the display supporting it, but if i choose to duplicate the displays, I can't do it and when I enter windows HD color settings, it now
    says it doesn't support HDR.

Extended:

HDR in duplicate display 152ed652-4532-470b-8ca4-229a9b957111?upload=true.jpg

Duplicate:

HDR in duplicate display ac603823-7c4b-44f7-9ef8-2c6765b2c280?upload=true.png
    :

Is there a way to fix this?

THENOAMAN, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

HDR in duplicate display

1. HDR in duplicate display - Similar Threads - HDR duplicate display

2. Display Duplication Notification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Duplication Notification: I got same notification several times as shown in the attachment when I started to use my laptop after leaving it in sleep condition. Anyone knows what the notification actually means? I wasn't duplicating my screen. My laptop was connected to a wifi....
  3. Display Duplication Notification

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Display Duplication Notification: I got same notification several times as shown in the attachment when I started to use my laptop after leaving it in sleep condition. Anyone knows what the notification actually means? I wasn't duplicating my screen. My laptop was connected to a wifi....
  4. No option to Duplicate Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    No option to Duplicate Display: I have been using Windows 10 and multiple displays for years. Recently I had to re-install Windows, and I'm using 2 displays. Since I reinstalled Windows, the Display Options panel, under Multiple displays gives me just three options:Extend these displaysShow only on 1Show...
  5. Duplicate displays with HDR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate displays with HDR: Hi. I'm posting this because I see very little info and documentation on the subject and I'd like to debunk this.As of now, it is not possible to duplicate a display and keep HDR on both. Even though both displays are HDR capable.I take there is no progress on the subject...
  6. HDR with dual duplicate displays doesn't work, only with extended

HDR with dual duplicate displays doesn't work, only with extended: I have 2 displays, one with HDR support and one without it. When I set them as extended displays on windows, I can turn on HDR for the display supporting it, but if i choose to duplicate the displays, I can't do it and when I enter windows HD color settings, it now says...
  7. HDR on duplicate displays in Windows 10

HDR on duplicate displays in Windows 10: Hi. I've been trying for weeks now unsuccessfully to activate HDR on two monitors with duplicate display on Windows 10. Both monitors are HDR capable. If I select only one of the displays or extend the displays in Window's display settings, HDR is available, but as soon as I...
  8. Display Cloning in HDR: Possible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Cloning in HDR: Possible?: Hey folks - Based on my initial testing, I think the answer to my query is: No. But I wanted to bounce it off others as well. I have two HDR-capable 4K displays connected to my PC. Windows 10 recognizes them both as HDR-capable as well. My experiment here is with...
  9. cannot duplicate display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot duplicate display: no recognition of the second monitor. It has worked well in the past with the same monitor. Just got a Windows 10 update last week. Is that the issue?...
  10. Duplicate Display Issues

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Duplicate Display Issues: Hello, Every time i try to 'duplicate display' my main display just goes black and my second monitor now becomes my main, and only display. I have been able to do this in the past, so thinking it might of been a Windows 10 update? Any help would be much appreciated....