Windows 10: HDR is very odd

Discus and support HDR is very odd in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Im using a LG ultragear 1440p HDR monitor and when I enable HDR the screen is more yellow (even whites) and the brightness adjusts automatically based... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Aromatic_Iron_1630, Feb 20, 2021.

1. HDR is very odd

Im using a LG ultragear 1440p HDR monitor and when I enable HDR the screen is more yellow (even whites) and the brightness adjusts automatically based off whats on the screen. I had hulu open on half my monitor and it was full black and I minimized it and everything else got brighter.

Also adaptive things are turned off in the monitor settings and brightness is set to max in hdr windows settings

submitted by /u/Aromatic_Iron_1630
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Aromatic_Iron_1630, Feb 20, 2021
  2. Thagstrom Win User

HDR

Hello! I am an Independent Advisor, I would love to help you out!

The display needs to be HDR capable as well.

To enable HDR please see the steps referred to in this article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/404026...

Thagstrom, Feb 20, 2021
  3. HDR streaming not turning on.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern that the HDR streaming is crashing in your laptop. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?

However, we would like you to update the display/graphics driver to the latest version and also suggest you to refer this article and let us know the status of the issue:

Stream HDR video on Windows 10

We await your response,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator.

Aditya_Roy, Feb 20, 2021
  4. HDR is very odd

Broken HDR over display port 1.4

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the make and model of your monitor?
    2. Were you able to use HDR, prior to this issue?
    3. Was there any major change or update on your system, before which you were able to use the HDR option over display port 1.4?

Reply with the status of the issue, in-order to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

HDR is very odd

1. HDR is very odd - Similar Threads - HDR very odd

2. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very Odd Crash: Was on PC, plugging in a cord, when suddenly my computer turned off. Fans and everything were off, only thing still on was the backlight on my motherboard. Tried turning it on but nothing happened. Turned off power supply, unplugged, waited 30 seconds, repluggind, turned on,...
  3. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very Odd Crash: Was on PC, plugging in a cord, when suddenly my computer turned off. Fans and everything were off, only thing still on was the backlight on my motherboard. Tried turning it on but nothing happened. Turned off power supply, unplugged, waited 30 seconds, repluggind, turned on,...
  4. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Very odd Acer battery situation

in Windows 10 Support
    Very odd Acer battery situation: The Acer netbook originally had a battery of model number AC14B8K. I bought one that looked identical and was lower priced, with a model number of AC14B3K (Notice the 3 instead of 8). I plugged it in, it didn't charge. There is a battery reset button on the motherboard and...
  6. Something very odd.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something very odd.: I went on my computer and turned on Task Manager and found a process going by "WaasMedic Agent Exe" i don't remember downloading anything yesterday. Is this something bad?[IMG]...
  7. Very odd internet disconnects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very odd internet disconnects: Hello everyone and thanks in advance. I am having an issue with my Ethernet internet connection dropping (Windows 10) if i open any game applications that require internet connection. IE, Joining a server, Sitting in a server list waiting for a spot, Leaving a server and...
  8. Very, very odd issue with audio playback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very, very odd issue with audio playback: So I've ran into my share of quirky issues with windows 10 thus far, but none as interesting, frustrating, and quirky as this one. I use iPhone 5 Earpods (if that is the correct name), though I don't think that is relevant to the issue here. When I am playing music it...
  9. Very odd network activity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very odd network activity: When I turned on my computer (bottom-end Toshiba laptop) today I got the Welcome screen in reasonable time, but after I pressed Enter to get the password screen I was presented with a black screen with a cursor, and the router's light for the computer started blinking...
  10. Very Odd Clean Install Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Very Odd Clean Install Problem: Hello - I've been banging my head off the wall trying to work this one out for days.... I have a machine which is base OS Windows 7 Home Premium x64 so I invoked the Upgrade and it activated with Windows 10 absolutely fine. (I used the keep files and apps option). I then...