Windows 10: HDR keeps disconnecting my TV whenever games are played

Discus and support HDR keeps disconnecting my TV whenever games are played in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My setup:GPU: MSI RTX 4080 Ventus 3xCPU: i7 12700kRAM: 2 x 16 Trident DDR5 ram sticksMotherboard: Z690 A MSI motherboardMonitors 1& 2: 2 x 32 inch Asus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KingBands, Jun 9, 2023.

1. KingBands Win User

HDR keeps disconnecting my TV whenever games are played

My setup:GPU: MSI RTX 4080 Ventus 3xCPU: i7 12700kRAM: 2 x 16 Trident DDR5 ram sticksMotherboard: Z690 A MSI motherboardMonitors 1& 2: 2 x 32 inch Asus monitors @ 165hzMonitor 3: 27 inch Samsung monitor"Monitor" 4 TV: Samsung Q800T 8K TVHello. Whenever I try to play video games with HDR turned on, for some reason, my TV is disconnected from my PC. The game is still open, but my TV doesn't show it. As soon as I minimize the game, or close it or turn HDR off, my TV is reconnected. In some cases, I could put the game in windowed borderless and it MIGHT work, but it's very finnicky. T

:)

KingBands, Jun 9, 2023

2. Windows 10 HDR keeps turning itself on

Windows 10 HDR settings are horrible, as most of you probably have figured out. I have to turn it off in Windows 10 for HDR to work correctly on my TV and in games. I noticed while/after playing some games it turns itself on and ruins HDR settings, then
    I have to go and turn it off in Windows 10 again. Is there a way to permanently keep HDR off in Windows 10, since it has been horribly implemented?

Grunthor77, Jun 9, 2023
  3. nfsking Win User
    Why are 'Play HDR game and apps' & 'Use WCG apps' functions cannot be enable on a laptop built-in HDR display

My laptop is a Thinkpad X1 Extreme, and it comes with a 4K resolution Dolby Vision HDR built-in display, and the graphic cards are the Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GTX1050Ti Max-Q.

In the Display settings on Windows 10 Version 1909, only the 'Streaming HDR video' function can be enabled, but the 'Play HDR game and apps' and 'Use WCG apps' functions cannot be enabled on the built-in display.

As soon as I connect my TV which supports HDR10 to the laptop, these two functions can be enabled right away on this TV.

I wondering why the 'Play HDR game and apps' & 'Use WCG apps' functions are not available on a built-in display? Is it related to the display hardware, or the graphic card driver, or something else?

nfsking, Jun 9, 2023
  4. Tom Wonk Win User

Issues when playing games in Full Screen with "Play HDR games and apps" Enabled

I have the "Play HDR games and apps" setting enabled, otherwise everything I use on the monitor looks dull. I have been randomly getting black screens for a while now while playing full screen games. Took me weeks to figure out why this was happening.

When I turn up (or down) my pc volume by using the scroll wheel on my keyboard, a volume indicator appears on the top left of my monitor with the volume level.

This works perfectly on windowed / borderless games (even with HDR enabled) however if HDR is enabled and I am in Full Screen, when I adjust the volume I get a black screen. It then reconnects and a box in the center of the monitor appears to indicate the resolution
    is 2560 x 1440 HDR.

Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum.

Graphics Card: Geforce RTX 2080 Super.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s).

Monitor: 2560 x 1440 165hz, Connected via Display Port.

Does anyone have any suggestions how I can get the volume control to not cause black screens while playing in Full Screen games with HDR enabled?

Tom Wonk, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

1. HDR keeps disconnecting my TV whenever games are played - Similar Threads - HDR keeps disconnecting

2. My keyboard keeps disconnecting whenever I play video games. Only on game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard keeps disconnecting whenever I play video games. Only on game: My keyboard keeps disconnecting whenever I play video games. Only on game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-keeps-disconnecting-whenever-i-play/884057e7-2fd0-4421-be82-53931d8c8432
  3. My keyboard keeps disconnecting whenever I play video games. Only on game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard keeps disconnecting whenever I play video games. Only on game: My keyboard keeps disconnecting whenever I play video games. Only on game https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-keyboard-keeps-disconnecting-whenever-i-play/884057e7-2fd0-4421-be82-53931d8c8432
  4. HDR keeps disconnecting my TV whenever games are played

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR keeps disconnecting my TV whenever games are played: My setup:GPU: MSI RTX 4080 Ventus 3xCPU: i7 12700kRAM: 2 x 16 Trident DDR5 ram sticksMotherboard: Z690 A MSI motherboardMonitors 1& 2: 2 x 32 inch Asus monitors @ 165hzMonitor 3: 27 inch Samsung monitor"Monitor" 4 TV: Samsung Q800T 8K TVHello. Whenever I try to play video...
  5. My mouse keeps disconnecting whenever I play video games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My mouse keeps disconnecting whenever I play video games: So there is an issue i have whenever I use my mouse when playing video games like Apex Legends, Counter Strike Global Offensive etc. my mouse keeps constantly disconnecting. In one match that can happen over 10 times. It makes a windows disconnect sound and instantly...
  6. My mouse keeps disconnecting whenever I play video games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse keeps disconnecting whenever I play video games: So there is an issue i have whenever I use my mouse when playing video games like Apex Legends, Counter Strike Global Offensive etc. my mouse keeps constantly disconnecting. In one match that can happen over 10 times. It makes a windows disconnect sound and instantly...
  7. My mouse keeps disconnecting whenever I play video games

8. Desktop keeps disconnecting while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop keeps disconnecting while playing games: Im playing games while listening to sounds in a browser before it is okay to do that at the same time but now it keeps on buffering and it will cut my connection. I have a desktop and lan connection so it is impossible to work this way. I have other devices and the issue is...
  9. Desktop keeps disconnecting while playing games

Desktop keeps disconnecting while playing games: Im playing games while listening to sounds in a browser before it is okay to do that at the same time but now it keeps on buffering and it will cut my connection. I have a desktop and lan connection so it is impossible to work this way. I have other devices and the issue is...
  10. Internet keep disconnecting whenever i open a game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet keep disconnecting whenever i open a game: So i've had this problem for a couple weeks now. Whenever i open a game like valorant my internet disconnects entirely. The only way to fix it is to update the network driver and it will fix it for a couple minutes and go back to disconnecting. My internet works completely...