Windows 10: HDR: not supported

Discus and support HDR: not supported in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello. My computer can not use HDMI when i reinstall windows 10 and i want to know why that happen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Pham QuangDuy, Feb 26, 2019.

1. HDR: not supported

hello.

My computer can not use HDMI when i reinstall windows 10 and i want to know why that happen

:)

Pham QuangDuy, Feb 26, 2019

2. HDR won't enable!

I have the exact same issue. I'm running a Corsair One with a GTX 1080. I know my TV can output HDR but for some reason any time I turn it on, it immediately toggles back off.

There is no error message that occurs and when I run the Direct X Diagnostic Tool (Recommended by Microsoft here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4040263/windows-10-hdr-advanced-color-settings), there is no actual value for HDR. The "HDR Support"
    value simply isn't in that text file. It does not say "Yes" or "No" as there is no option whatsoever.

I have verified all of my drivers are installed correctly and ensured that I'm using HDR compatible HDMI cables and an HDR compatible TV (Samsung KS8500). There's no visible reason as to why this problem is occuring, but it absolutely is.

Update: I enrolled my PC in the Windows Insiders Program and now when I run the Diagnostic Tool, I do have a listing for "HDR Support: Yes" but when trying to turn on HDR support, the setting still toggles back off.

KatanaSquirrel, Feb 26, 2019
  3. I could turn on the HDR and WCG setting on initially today when I connected a new HDR TV.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to turn on HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10. This issue might occur due to incompatible drivers.

I suggest you to roll back the display drivers and check if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press 'Windows
    + R' key together on your Keyboard.

2. Type 'devmgmt.msc' and hit enter.

3. Expand the display adapter option from the list.

4. Right click on the driver and click on 'Properties'.

5. Click on 'Driver' tab and check for 'Roll Back Driver'. If the roll back option is available, roll back the driver and restart the
    computer.

If you are still facing issues with color after enabling HDR on your PC and if you’re using an HDMI connection and your display supports HDR over a DisplayPort connection, use DisplayPort instead to connect your PC and display.

• If HDMI is your only option, use that, and then do one of the following:

Reduce the frame rate

1. Select Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings, and then select Display adapter properties.
      2. In the display’s Properties box, select the Monitor tab, select 30 Hertz for the Screen refresh rate, and then select OK.

- OR -

Reduce the resolution

1. Select Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings, and then select Display adapter properties
      2. On the Adapter tab, select List All Modes.

In List All Modes, select the setting that includes 1920 by 1080, 60 Hertz, and then select OK.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 26, 2019
  4. HDR: not supported

Broken HDR over display port 1.4

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the make and model of your monitor?
    2. Were you able to use HDR, prior to this issue?
    3. Was there any major change or update on your system, before which you were able to use the HDR option over display port 1.4?

Reply with the status of the issue, in-order to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

HDR: not supported

1. HDR: not supported - Similar Threads - HDR supported

2. Hdr not supported right after new monitor plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hdr not supported right after new monitor plugged in: My tcl 55inch 4k hdr tv was working perfectly fine with hdr and I got a new monitor plugged it in and now it says that hdr is not supported on my tv. It isn’t the cable because I used the HDMI from the tv to the new monitor and when plugged in windows says that hdr is...
  3. Hdr not supported right after new monitor plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hdr not supported right after new monitor plugged in: My tcl 55inch 4k hdr tv was working perfectly fine with hdr and I got a new monitor plugged it in and now it says that hdr is not supported on my tv. It isn’t the cable because I used the HDMI from the tv to the new monitor and when plugged in windows says that hdr is...
  4. HDR is not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR is not supported: that is my laptop Legion 5-15IMH05H Lenovo - Type 81Y6 I had HDR working i rested my pc now is not supported. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-is-not-supported/183bc407-5d1e-4f8d-aaa4-338b6a1821f6
  5. HDR is not supported

HDR is not supported: that is my laptop Legion 5-15IMH05H Lenovo - Type 81Y6 I had HDR working i rested my pc now is not supported. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-is-not-supported/183bc407-5d1e-4f8d-aaa4-338b6a1821f6
  6. HDR not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR not supported: Hello,I recently changed both my computer and my monitor, both of which are compatible with HDR10 Technology. However, on Windows 11, it says that I can't use HDR because it's not supported. In the settings of the monitor itself, HDR appears as 'auto'. When opening DXDIAG, it...
  7. HDR not supported

HDR not supported: Hello,I recently changed both my computer and my monitor, both of which are compatible with HDR10 Technology. However, on Windows 11, it says that I can't use HDR because it's not supported. In the settings of the monitor itself, HDR appears as 'auto'. When opening DXDIAG, it...
  8. Unable to use 4 k and hdr support.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use 4 k and hdr support.: after factory resetting the laptop hp envy 13 Ryzen 5 4500u from bios already i cannot enable 4 k or hdr.i have tried updateing the driversi just want mhy laptop to be as i got it from the store...
  9. Unable to use 4 k and hdr support.

Unable to use 4 k and hdr support.: after factory resetting the laptop hp envy 13 Ryzen 5 4500u from bios already i cannot enable 4 k or hdr.i have tried updateing the driversi just want mhy laptop to be as i got it from the store...
  10. HDR not supported and won’t turn on in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    HDR not supported and won’t turn on in Windows 11: [IMG]If you cannot turn on HDR in Windows 11 or if you see the HDR not supported message while enabling the HDR, the solutions provided in this article will help you. To enable HDR for a particular display, the display must support HDR. You can check this on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdr not supported

2. hdr not supported windows 10

3. what is hdr not supported

4. monitor capabilities: hdr not supported philips 328p6v,
  5. displsyay hdr not supported,
  6. does my laptop support hdr,
  7. diagnostic tool hdr not support,
  8. not supported hdr,
  9. hdr not supported on laptop,
  10. DirectX Diagnostic Tool HDR Not Supported,
  11. is win 10 1909 have hdr,