Windows 10: hdr on black screen

Discus and support hdr on black screen in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever i have hdr enabled whether its within the windows display settings or in a game i tend to get a black screen when i alt tab out and in to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bobperky, Apr 9, 2020.

1. bobperky Win User

hdr on black screen

Whenever i have hdr enabled whether its within the windows display settings or in a game i tend to get a black screen when i alt tab out and in to the game. I just want an explanation to why this is happening is it because of my display or my pc or some other reason. Thx

:)

bobperky, Apr 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen.

Hello moderator

1. Its all the games I own that don't support HDR10. Basically when I full screen on a non-HDR game, the screen goes black for a few seconds and HDR gets disabled and all the colors looked washed out (Like its in SDR)

I took 2 screenshots, One is in window mode, the other is in full screen

Windowed mode (HDR on) : Imgur

Full screen mode (HDR off) : Imgur

2. Yes SDR looks washed out. I want to play my games in full screen and in HDR. Playing in windowed mode is a nightmare

3. I know because the monitor goes black for a few seconds and all the colors look washed out (As shown in the screenshots)

Sadly the fixes did not work hdr on black screen :(

I updated the GPU drivers via GeForce Experience app.

My Monitor does support 4k HDR10

I tried lower the resolution and the refresh rate but that did not work.

Here is a video of my problem

YouTube Link :

Time Stamps :

0:00 HDR mode is on everything looks fine (In the video, when it looks high contrast, that means HDR is on)

0:35 I full screen the game. If you notice the high contrast is no longer there, the colors are washed out

0:46 I disable full screen and HDR mode is back on

*HDR looks high contrast, Ignore that, that's just the video itself.

Im also using windows 10 64bit 1809

WillyMcFly, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Apr 9, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

hdr on black screen

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

hdr on black screen

1. hdr on black screen - Similar Threads - hdr black screen

2. Enable HDR causes black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enable HDR causes black screen: Hey guys I'm here to help with this problem since I've seen so many people have the same issue that I've solved. What happended is that I enabled HDR mode on Windows 10 and the screen completely black out but everything else works other than that. I had tried so many methods...
  3. Enable HDR causes black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enable HDR causes black screen: Hey guys I'm here to help with this problem since I've seen so many people have the same issue that I've solved. What happended is that I enabled HDR mode on Windows 10 and the screen completely black out but everything else works other than that. I had tried so many methods...
  4. Enable HDR causes black screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. HDR and black lines on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR and black lines on desktop: I am experiencing weird bug when HDR is enabled and I am playing game that supports HDR and runs in windowed / borderless windowed mode.If the game shows something with black colors - literally anything, it could be black bars in the cat scenes, it could be map grid or other...
  6. HDR and black lines on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR and black lines on desktop: I am experiencing weird bug when HDR is enabled and I am playing game that supports HDR and runs in windowed / borderless windowed mode.If the game shows something with black colors - literally anything, it could be black bars in the cat scenes, it could be map grid or other...
  7. Black Screen after turning on HDR

Black Screen after turning on HDR: I recently got a new monitor that had HDR support, so I just went ahead and turned on HDR under display settings and that's it. The screen is fully black. I restarted the PC and the display goes black right after windows logo during boot. When I disconnected the new monitor...
  8. Black display after turning on HDR accidentally

Black display after turning on HDR accidentally: So, while adjusting my screen resolution, the HDR was turned on accidentally. Now, everything runs but I'm unable to see the screen as my monitor detects an input but the screen remains black. what should i do?...
  9. Screen goes black when using game bar on HDR monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen goes black when using game bar on HDR monitor: Having this exact issue here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/windows-10-hdr-gaming-screen-blanking-issues/920371b7-1e21-43fd-a597-57cd492ca3f2 Users in the thread claim this was fixed with a game bar update. I'm on the latest and still deal with this...
  10. Turned on HDR, screen black, can't turn it off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turned on HDR, screen black, can't turn it off: To elaborate on the title: I set up a computer on a regular 1080p screen. All updates installed, all's well. Put it next to the TV and connected. I log in and see that it automatically chose 4k resolution. Wonderful. I go into settings to turn on HDR. The second I do,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 hdr black screen

2. display requirements for hdr in windows 10