Windows 10: HDR on duplicate displays in Windows 10

Discus and support HDR on duplicate displays in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. I've been trying for weeks now unsuccessfully to activate HDR on two monitors with duplicate display on Windows 10. Both monitors are HDR capable.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by yoshimitsuhiro, Jul 29, 2019.

1. HDR on duplicate displays in Windows 10

Hi. I've been trying for weeks now unsuccessfully to activate HDR on two monitors with duplicate display on Windows 10. Both monitors are HDR capable. If I select only one of the displays or extend the displays in Window's display settings, HDR is available, but as soon as I choose "duplicate these displays", the HDR option disappears. Is this a known missing feature in Windows 10 or am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

yoshimitsuhiro, Jul 29, 2019
  2. Naresh_K Win User

Unable to get HDR on external display

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forum.

With Windows HD Color in Windows 10, you get the most of out your high dynamic range (HDR) TV or PC display provided the computer and the TV meets the
    requirements. Make sure the
    display drivers are up to date and then follow the steps mentioned in the article:
    High Dynamic Range (HDR) on Intel Graphics and
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10.

I would also like to know if you are using extended mode or duplicate mode while projecting. If you are using duplicate mode, please try switching to extended mode and see if that helps.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jul 29, 2019
  3. (17763.1 and 18362.1)Play HDR apps and games option disapper when I set duplicate mode.

Hi Lin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the make and model of your computer?
    2. What is the make and model of your both monitors?
    3. As you have given multiple versions of Windows 10, is this issue occurring on multiple computers?

Not all displays are optimized for HDR. If you have two displays and move the HDR video onto a display that’s not optimized for HDR, you’ll get the appropriate standard dynamic range (SDR) as soon as new content starts to play.

To play streaming high dynamic range (HDR) video in Windows 10, your external display and Windows 10 PC needs to support HDR. To find the specifications for a specific PC or external display, visit the device manufacturer’s website.

It might be that one of your monitors doesn’t' support HDR, so I suggest you to refer
    Display requirements for HDR video in Windows 10 and check
    if your monitors support HDR.

You may also refer Stream HDR video on Windows 10 and
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10 and check if this helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jul 29, 2019
  4. HDR on duplicate displays in Windows 10

Display Cloning in HDR: Possible?

screen duplication with HDR will need other screens capable but the video card may not be capable

HARDCORE GAMES™, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

HDR on duplicate displays in Windows 10

1. HDR on duplicate displays in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - HDR duplicate displays

2. Movies & TV App on Windows 10 not displaying HDR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV App on Windows 10 not displaying HDR: I accidentally deleted my post from the other day, so I'm starting over fresh. Sorry in advance.I just got an Alienware AW3423DW monitor that's capable of 1000 nits peak brightness in HDR. Video games and Netflix look great, but I can tell that HDR movies I've purchased...
  3. Movies & TV App on Windows 10 not displaying HDR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies & TV App on Windows 10 not displaying HDR: I accidentally deleted my post from the other day, so I'm starting over fresh. Sorry in advance.I just got an Alienware AW3423DW monitor that's capable of 1000 nits peak brightness in HDR. Video games and Netflix look great, but I can tell that HDR movies I've purchased...
  4. HDR in duplicate display

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR in duplicate display: https://amp.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/flf7ln/why_exactly_isnt_hdr_supported_for/ Basically same question. How come I can enable HDR on my monitors if they are extended, but I lose that function if it's duplicated. submitted by /u/yjamal01 [link] [comments]...
  5. Duplicate displays with HDR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Duplicate displays with HDR: Hi. I'm posting this because I see very little info and documentation on the subject and I'd like to debunk this.As of now, it is not possible to duplicate a display and keep HDR on both. Even though both displays are HDR capable.I take there is no progress on the subject...
  6. Duplicate Display Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Duplicate Display Win 10: I have moved to Win 10 ver 2004 OS build 19041.572 recently and all my drivers are updated a working perfectly. I cannot duplicate my display Windows button + P the Duplicate option appears but doesn't work. And in the display settings - Multiple Display no duplicate option...
  7. HDR with dual duplicate displays doesn't work, only with extended

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR with dual duplicate displays doesn't work, only with extended: I have 2 displays, one with HDR support and one without it. When I set them as extended displays on windows, I can turn on HDR for the display supporting it, but if i choose to duplicate the displays, I can't do it and when I enter windows HD color settings, it now says...
  8. Display Dim on Waking (Windows 10 HDR Only)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Dim on Waking (Windows 10 HDR Only): My 4k HDR monitor (LG 32UD99-W) is always dim when it is awakened from a sleep state. This is only fixed (temporarily) by selecting a different display mode on the monitor and then re-selecting the original display mode, or by de-activating and re-activating HDR in Windows....
  9. How to Calibrate the display for HDR video in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Calibrate the display for HDR video in Windows 10: [ATTACH] HDR or High Dynamic Range is a technique used to create lifelike videos which have better dynamic range, especially when it comes to details. Windows 10 supports streaming high dynamic range (HDR) video, if the display supports it, and comes with the [...] This post...
  10. Calibrate Built-in Display for HDR Video in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Calibrate Built-in Display for HDR Video in Windows 10: How to: Calibrate Built-in Display for HDR Video in Windows 10 How to Calibrate Built-in Display for HDR Video in Windows 10 You will be able to play streaming high dynamic range (HDR) video when your Windows 10 version 1803 or later device has a built-in display able...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdr on duplicated

2. how to duplicate hdr with no hdr

3. change windows 10 to hdr display

4. windows duplicate with hdr display