Windows 10: HDR only in supported apps and not in everywhere.

Discus and support HDR only in supported apps and not in everywhere. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everybody, sorry if there was a question similar to mine somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Basically, windows colour and text are trashed by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RiccardoUrbanet, Apr 21, 2020.

1. HDR only in supported apps and not in everywhere.

Hello everybody, sorry if there was a question similar to mine somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

Basically, windows colour and text are trashed by HDR activation in my windows set up.

I have an LG 34WK95C-W connected to a PC Ryzen3 3950, Nvidia Geforce 2070 Super

Smears appear behind the text in chrome/edge/office black text on white background and the text looks like ultra-thin and as if it were a "bitten apple".

Why does everything change activating HDR? when clearly windows desktop, web browsing and even the menu don't support it?

The settings are:

- Games and apps

- streaming videos

Why can't I choose which app to run HDR and which not?

Because clearly, youtube can send the good HDR video, but edge, chrome and office documents just look like crap.

Some old-looking software menu like the Nvidia control panel one are almost invisible.

Why isn't HDR in my screen only applied when it's receiving a true HDR signal?

Why everything is "HDR-ed" when clearly the text doesn't need to have 10-bit colour depth or white shades of any kind?

Why is it so complicated?

Thanks a lot.

:)

RiccardoUrbanet, Apr 21, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Netflix app Now Supports HDR on Windows 10

Source: Netflix Now Supports HDR on Windows 10 - Netflix TechBlog - Medium

Download: Netflix app in Microsoft Store

Brink, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Netflix app Now Supports HDR on Windows 10

Source: Netflix Now Supports HDR on Windows 10 - Netflix TechBlog - Medium

Download: Netflix app in Microsoft Store

Brink, Apr 21, 2020
  4. HDR only in supported apps and not in everywhere.

HDR: not supported

so if (HDR: not supported) that mean my computer is broken and i have to fix it.

Pham QuangDuy, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

HDR only in supported apps and not in everywhere.

1. HDR only in supported apps and not in everywhere. - Similar Threads - HDR supported apps

2. HDR is not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR is not supported: that is my laptop Legion 5-15IMH05H Lenovo - Type 81Y6 I had HDR working i rested my pc now is not supported. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-is-not-supported/183bc407-5d1e-4f8d-aaa4-338b6a1821f6
  3. HDR is not supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR is not supported: that is my laptop Legion 5-15IMH05H Lenovo - Type 81Y6 I had HDR working i rested my pc now is not supported. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-is-not-supported/183bc407-5d1e-4f8d-aaa4-338b6a1821f6
  4. HDR not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR not supported: Hello,I recently changed both my computer and my monitor, both of which are compatible with HDR10 Technology. However, on Windows 11, it says that I can't use HDR because it's not supported. In the settings of the monitor itself, HDR appears as 'auto'. When opening DXDIAG, it...
  5. HDR not supported

HDR not supported: Hello,I recently changed both my computer and my monitor, both of which are compatible with HDR10 Technology. However, on Windows 11, it says that I can't use HDR because it's not supported. In the settings of the monitor itself, HDR appears as 'auto'. When opening DXDIAG, it...
  6. HDR not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR not supported: I have two HDR monitors but recently I found HDR settings say unsupported , why is that ? Windows 11 ProI have Windows 11 updated to latest and AMD GPU updated to latest. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-not-supported/4b1207a0-26e0-497c-a7af-27ac276a606f
  7. HDR not supported

HDR not supported: I have two HDR monitors but recently I found HDR settings say unsupported , why is that ? Windows 11 ProI have Windows 11 updated to latest and AMD GPU updated to latest. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-not-supported/4b1207a0-26e0-497c-a7af-27ac276a606f
  8. HDR support for windows 11

HDR support for windows 11: I search the forum and there are many questions about HDR but I could not find the solution of my issue.I have LG 34WP65C-B that is capable of HDR10. When go to System>Display>HDR. I get Play streaming HDR video not supported, Use HDR not supported. But when I run DxDiag I...
  9. HDR: not supported

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR: not supported: hello. My computer can not use HDMI when i reinstall windows 10 and i want to know why that happen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-not-supported/43e886f3-86db-435d-8eae-982efb43bfb0
  10. Netflix app Now Supports HDR on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Netflix app Now Supports HDR on Windows 10: We are thrilled to announce the addition of High Dynamic Range (HDR) support on Windows 10 for both the Edge browser and the Netflix app. With this update, Netflix members who have a supported device and a premium plan can enjoy amazing Netflix movies and shows in HDR. With...