Windows 10: HDR refuses to turn on.

Discus and support HDR refuses to turn on. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. Problem: Windows refuses to turn on HDR, even though my TV fully supports it. The screen just flashes twice and the option goes back off. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/No_86, Nov 27, 2020.

1. /u/No_86 Win User

HDR refuses to turn on.

Hi.

Problem: Windows refuses to turn on HDR, even though my TV fully supports it. The screen just flashes twice and the option goes back off.

I bought this TV a couple of months ago, didn't work when I tried it back then, was too tired to fight with it and just forgot about it.

And today I'm trying it again. I tried pretty much all the options I had and answers google could give me, but none of them helped.

Relevant information:

GPU - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER

TV that has the HDR - Samsung UE55TU7005KXXC. (Connected to it via a Displayport to HDMI cable)

Secondary monitor - some old piece of crap.

Things I've tried:

Checked all the options on my TV, and only thing related to HDR is "input singal plus" and I've turned it on. It is what enables external devices to use HDR.

Tried default color settings on the TV.

Tried finding an option to turn on the HDR in Nvidia Control panel.

Disconnected my secondary monitor and then tried to turn on the HDR.

Changed refresh rates in Nvidia control panel. TV's max refresh rate is 60hz btw.

Turned off Nvidia in-game overlay. (Usually the source of my technical issues, but not here.)

If you got any idea how to fix this, I'd love to hear it.

submitted by /u/No_86
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/No_86, Nov 27, 2020

2. HDR streaming not turning on.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern that the HDR streaming is crashing in your laptop. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?

However, we would like you to update the display/graphics driver to the latest version and also suggest you to refer this article and let us know the status of the issue:

Stream HDR video on Windows 10

We await your response,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator.

Aditya_Roy, Nov 27, 2020
  3. I could turn on the HDR and WCG setting on initially today when I connected a new HDR TV.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to turn on HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10. This issue might occur due to incompatible drivers.

I suggest you to roll back the display drivers and check if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press 'Windows
    + R' key together on your Keyboard.

2. Type 'devmgmt.msc' and hit enter.

3. Expand the display adapter option from the list.

4. Right click on the driver and click on 'Properties'.

5. Click on 'Driver' tab and check for 'Roll Back Driver'. If the roll back option is available, roll back the driver and restart the
    computer.

If you are still facing issues with color after enabling HDR on your PC and if you’re using an HDMI connection and your display supports HDR over a DisplayPort connection, use DisplayPort instead to connect your PC and display.

• If HDMI is your only option, use that, and then do one of the following:

Reduce the frame rate

1. Select Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings, and then select Display adapter properties.
      2. In the display’s Properties box, select the Monitor tab, select 30 Hertz for the Screen refresh rate, and then select OK.

- OR -

Reduce the resolution

1. Select Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings, and then select Display adapter properties
      2. On the Adapter tab, select List All Modes.

In List All Modes, select the setting that includes 1920 by 1080, 60 Hertz, and then select OK.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 27, 2020
  4. HDR refuses to turn on.

WiFi refuses to turn on

Hello,

A quick question before we proceed:

Is your computer airplane mode is turn on?

I suggest you to go to the follow the below step and check if you’re able to toggle the Airplane mode:

• Go to settings and click on Network & Internet.

• Go to airplane mode and toggle.

I also suggest you to check if the function key for Wi-Fi works or not. Kindly
    Refer to your computer manual to check which function key do so.

Reply with the necessary information to help you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

HDR refuses to turn on.

1. HDR refuses to turn on. - Similar Threads - HDR refuses turn

2. [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video: I turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video, I found that the video image was overexposed. After suspending the video, it could be restored to normal. May I ask why this phenomenon occurs and is it normal?...
  3. [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video: I turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video, I found that the video image was overexposed. After suspending the video, it could be restored to normal. May I ask why this phenomenon occurs and is it normal?...
  4. No option to turn off HDR!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to turn off HDR!!!!!!: Please Help! Plugged in a monitor to my laptop with Nvidia 3060 through an HDMI cord and switched on HDR in Windows 10. Now the second monitor is not being recognized and there is no option to turn off HDR in Windows. Windows will not let me Extend the display to the new...
  5. No option to turn off HDR!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option to turn off HDR!!!!!!: Please Help! Plugged in a monitor to my laptop with Nvidia 3060 through an HDMI cord and switched on HDR in Windows 10. Now the second monitor is not being recognized and there is no option to turn off HDR in Windows. Windows will not let me Extend the display to the new...
  6. Accidentally turned on hdr

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accidentally turned on hdr: I accidentally turned on hdr, on a monitor that I assume doesnt support it. I unplugged my main monitor and plugged in a secondary one that also doesnt support it, so I don't know how it's usable. I looked at many threads/ tutorials and they always said to use the slider to...
  7. Turned on HDR by accident, no signal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turned on HDR by accident, no signal: So I was snooping around my display settings and turned on the HDR mode. I'm now getting no signal so have no idea how to turn it off. Tried restarting and replugging my HDMI. Help! submitted by /u/erxci [link] [comments]...
  8. Hdr turns off

Hdr turns off: I am on a Gaming Pc to be Exact its my tower hooked to a 4k UHD TV but when I turn HDR on and try to play a game for example, Minecraft it turns itself off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-turns-off/8503274d-b9ff-4f6c-9b16-853a419b6c5b
  9. HDR streaming not turning on.

HDR streaming not turning on.: My laptop is supporting HDR steaming but when i try to turn it on it crashes. i tried with power supply on in laptop. now i don't know what i have to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-streaming-not-turning-on/cae4ebbd-37c5-4a35-986c-f6fa7eb6c4ff
  10. Firewall refusing to turn on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Firewall refusing to turn on: A while back, all my windows apps got deleted. I immediately thought it was a virus, and tried to find the cause. I deleted all my apps that weren't from trusted developers, and tried to redownload the windows store using powershell. I was given an error as my firewall was...