Windows 10: HDR setting in Windows 10 won't stay enabled

Discus and support HDR setting in Windows 10 won't stay enabled in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Resolved... Monitor/tv was set to 59 Hz and not working....set to 60 Hz working fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TibiG, Mar 26, 2020 at 10:32 AM.

1. TibiG Win User

HDR setting in Windows 10 won't stay enabled

Resolved...

Monitor/tv was set to 59 Hz and not working....set to 60 Hz working fine.

:)

2. zonto1983 Win User

Hello,

I recently purchased an HDR/4K-compatible graphics card (a GeForce 1080ti). I have a 4K HDR display (LG C7 65" OLED). When I first installed the card and drivers, the HDR option was turned on by default, and I was getting an HDR signal to the display. However,
    the resolution was set to 1920x1080. When I changed the resolution to 4K, HDR turned off. Since then, I have been unable to get HDR enabled again. When I try to enable HDR, the setting just turns itself off again, like so:

Recordit: Record screencasts fast & free! with GIF Support!

This is not an issue with my display or receiver, as I'm able to get HDR out of my PS4 just fine, and I don't believe it to be an issue with my HDMI cable either, since I was getting HDR out of the PC when I first installed the card.

I'm not sure what other steps to take. I ran dxdiag, and it appears that it's not detecting the full color range:

Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709 (as per this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4040263/windows-10-hdr-advanced-color-settings).

From that same article, it appears to be detecting the display as HDR compatible:

Monitor Advanced Color Capabilities: BT2020RGB BT2020YCC Eotf2084Supported AdvancedColorSupported

Thanks for looking, any help would be greatly appreciated.

3. Jarriaga Win User
    Windows HDR option within Windows 10 settings. Poor display quality when enabled.

Hi John,

I found this solution:

-Please go to NVIDIA control panel> display> adjust video color settings

-Use gamma YCbCr422 10/12bpc (deep)

-With the NVIDIA settings

-Set the dynamic range to full

Click apply

Under desktop settings:

Gamma +1.4

Digital Vibrance +60

then go to windows control panel, screen, and set HDR and advanced color to HDR, if everything is OK, it will stay on.

If you are using MPC-HC to watch movies, add the render MadVr and in the Display settings for HDR, use passthru

This works very nice for me.

Hope you find this usefull.

Godspeed!

Thank you thank you THANK YOU!!! It made a heaven an earth difference!!!!

Guys, this is DEFINITELY a gamma and calibration settings issue on the Nvidia control panel! I changed my settings to:

Contrast: +100

Gamma: +2.00

And now everything is GORGEOUS!!!!

4. CulleyXIV Win User

HDR won't enable!

This sounds like the exact same problem I am having, just different hardware. TV is a Sony XBR65X930C. When set to 3840x2160 I see the option to turn on HDR in the display settings but attempting to turn it on results in my TV flickering and the option going
    back to unchecked. If I set the output resolution to 1920x1080, I can finally enable HDR and it stays enabled but it appears applications are still having trouble properly enabling HDR (need to test more).

All drivers and TV firmware are up to date. I can confirm I can get 4K HDR to work on that TV using other devices like a PS4 as well so the capability is there. Just not sure how to get it to work correctly on my PC.

Thema:

1. HDR setting in Windows 10 won't stay enabled - Similar Threads - HDR setting won't

2. windows settings app won't stay open

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows settings app won't stay open: hi, my windows 10 settings app won't open. Or my specifically, opens momentarily before closing on its own. I hear there is a program fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-settings-app-wont-stay-open/03f2e9b0-43fd-4af6-bb03-5e26fa4028e8
  3. How to enable HDR

How to enable HDR: I recently purchased a windows 10 computer with intel intergrated graphics card UHD 620. I have the kaby lake R and upgraded to Win10 1909 version. I go to the video settings and I have no options to enable or turn on HDR. It just says 8 bit no HDR. How do I get or enable...
  4. Cant enable HDR

Cant enable HDR: Right so I have a TV which is HDR capable TV Specs : https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/6f4ad6a hooked up to my PC via an HDMI which I believe should be at least 2.0 link to the cable:...
  5. Enable HDR in games but not Desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enable HDR in games but not Desktop?: Is there a flag anywhere that would allow HDR in games without enabling the desktop HDR mode? Destiny 2 is able to go into HDR mode without me turning it on the destop. But other games like Modern Warfare 2019 and Red Dead Redemption 2 don't even have the option unless I turn...
  6. Qualcomm Aethros Network Adapter - Won't Stay Enabled - No Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Qualcomm Aethros Network Adapter - Won't Stay Enabled - No Internet: My network adapter captioned above is disabled. This morning there was no internet. When checking my router, connections and other internet related apps, etc. I noticed that the Wi-Fi adapter was disabled. When I tried to enable it, it would turn on and off several times and...
  7. Cortana Switch in Settings won't stay on

in Cortana
    Cortana Switch in Settings won't stay on: When I attempt to turn on the switch in settings so I Can get Cortana to respond when I say "Hey Cortana" will not stay on - when I turn the switch on, it turns on but then turns off immediately. It won't stay turned on ?????...
  8. Windows auto updates won't stay enabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows auto updates won't stay enabled: Whenever I try to change the slider from "off" to "on", it immediately switches back to "off". I ran the update troubleshooter and it fixed a couple problems but this issue still remains....
  9. Windows auto updates won't stay enabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows auto updates won't stay enabled: Whenever I try to change the slider from "off" to "on", it immediately switches back to "off". I ran the update troubleshooter and it fixed a couple problems but this issue still remains....
  10. Issue with games that dont use HDR but HDR enabled in Windows Display settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with games that dont use HDR but HDR enabled in Windows Display settings: I have not tried all games yet, so far Titanfall 2 and DOOM (OGL and Vulkan) both have issues with having HDR enabled in Windows and running native 4k. The colors get all messed up. In TF2 most of the whites get replaced with black or purple and sometimes the white parts of...