Windows 10: HDR setting in Windows 10 won't stay enabled

Discus and support HDR setting in Windows 10 won't stay enabled in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Resolved... Monitor/tv was set to 59 Hz and not working....set to 60 Hz working fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TibiG, Mar 26, 2020.

1. TibiG Win User

HDR setting in Windows 10 won't stay enabled

Resolved...

Monitor/tv was set to 59 Hz and not working....set to 60 Hz working fine.

:)

TibiG, Mar 26, 2020
  2. zonto1983 Win User

Hello,

I recently purchased an HDR/4K-compatible graphics card (a GeForce 1080ti). I have a 4K HDR display (LG C7 65" OLED). When I first installed the card and drivers, the HDR option was turned on by default, and I was getting an HDR signal to the display. However,
    the resolution was set to 1920x1080. When I changed the resolution to 4K, HDR turned off. Since then, I have been unable to get HDR enabled again. When I try to enable HDR, the setting just turns itself off again, like so:

Recordit: Record screencasts fast & free! with GIF Support!

This is not an issue with my display or receiver, as I'm able to get HDR out of my PS4 just fine, and I don't believe it to be an issue with my HDMI cable either, since I was getting HDR out of the PC when I first installed the card.

I'm not sure what other steps to take. I ran dxdiag, and it appears that it's not detecting the full color range:

Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709 (as per this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4040263/windows-10-hdr-advanced-color-settings).

From that same article, it appears to be detecting the display as HDR compatible:

Monitor Advanced Color Capabilities: BT2020RGB BT2020YCC Eotf2084Supported AdvancedColorSupported

Thanks for looking, any help would be greatly appreciated.

zonto1983, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Jarriaga Win User
    Windows HDR option within Windows 10 settings. Poor display quality when enabled.

Hi John,

I found this solution:

-Please go to NVIDIA control panel> display> adjust video color settings

-Use gamma YCbCr422 10/12bpc (deep)

-With the NVIDIA settings

-Set the dynamic range to full

Click apply

Under desktop settings:

Gamma +1.4

Digital Vibrance +60

then go to windows control panel, screen, and set HDR and advanced color to HDR, if everything is OK, it will stay on.

If you are using MPC-HC to watch movies, add the render MadVr and in the Display settings for HDR, use passthru

This works very nice for me.

Hope you find this usefull.

Godspeed!

Thank you thank you THANK YOU!!! It made a heaven an earth difference!!!!

Guys, this is DEFINITELY a gamma and calibration settings issue on the Nvidia control panel! I changed my settings to:

Contrast: +100

Gamma: +2.00

And now everything is GORGEOUS!!!!

Jarriaga, Mar 26, 2020
  4. CulleyXIV Win User

HDR won't enable!

This sounds like the exact same problem I am having, just different hardware. TV is a Sony XBR65X930C. When set to 3840x2160 I see the option to turn on HDR in the display settings but attempting to turn it on results in my TV flickering and the option going
    back to unchecked. If I set the output resolution to 1920x1080, I can finally enable HDR and it stays enabled but it appears applications are still having trouble properly enabling HDR (need to test more).

All drivers and TV firmware are up to date. I can confirm I can get 4K HDR to work on that TV using other devices like a PS4 as well so the capability is there. Just not sure how to get it to work correctly on my PC.

CulleyXIV, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

1. HDR setting in Windows 10 won't stay enabled - Similar Threads - HDR setting won't

2. HDR stay enabled all time and CANT DISABLE AUTOHDR INGAME

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR stay enabled all time and CANT DISABLE AUTOHDR INGAME: I can switch in on or off, but I play competitive game and the auto switch HDR ON / OFF when fullscreen game open stopped worked I just have always AUTOHDR for game... need help pls...
  3. How To Enable HDR Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How To Enable HDR Windows 10: HDR stands for High Dynamic Range and we use it to add a dramatic upgrade in picture quality, video, brightness, and color contrast compared to SDR, and some also know it as Standard Dynamic Range. For More Information -...
  4. WINDOWS 10 SETTINGS WON'T STAY OPEN

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS 10 SETTINGS WON'T STAY OPEN: Good morning - my Windows 10 on my desktop PC opens momentarily & then disappears from the screen so quickly that I can't use it, nor can I check for updates. Can anyone help me, please? Thanks, Geoff Walker...
  5. Windows Touchpad won't stay enabled or disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Touchpad won't stay enabled or disabled: Issue is as the subject reads, I have to repeatedly disable and reenable or vice- my touchpad in my settings if I want it to stay on or off only to last a few minutes at best, and if my gestures stop working then I just have to reset my pc. I've already tried reinstalling and...
  6. "Settings" window won't stay open

in Windows 10 Support
    "Settings" window won't stay open: The "Settings" window will only stay open for a few seconds - then closes before I can access anything. Help? 161542
  7. bluetooth setting won't stay on

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth setting won't stay on: i'm trying to use bluetooth on my pc, and whenever I turn the bluetooth slider to "on" and close the settings tab, it immediately turns off. why is it being stubborn?...
  8. Windows auto updates won't stay enabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows auto updates won't stay enabled: Whenever I try to change the slider from "off" to "on", it immediately switches back to "off". I ran the update troubleshooter and it fixed a couple problems but this issue still remains....
  9. Windows auto updates won't stay enabled

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows auto updates won't stay enabled: Whenever I try to change the slider from "off" to "on", it immediately switches back to "off". I ran the update troubleshooter and it fixed a couple problems but this issue still remains....
  10. Issue with games that dont use HDR but HDR enabled in Windows Display settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with games that dont use HDR but HDR enabled in Windows Display settings: I have not tried all games yet, so far Titanfall 2 and DOOM (OGL and Vulkan) both have issues with having HDR enabled in Windows and running native 4k. The colors get all messed up. In TF2 most of the whites get replaced with black or purple and sometimes the white parts of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows hdr unchecking itself

2. hdr doesnt stay enabled windows 10

3. play HDR games and apps wont turn on