Windows 10: HDR To monitor thats not support HDR flag in the EDID handshake

Discus and support HDR To monitor thats not support HDR flag in the EDID handshake in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have small HDR Monitor from Atomos. Sad its not possible Unfortunately, the Ninja Flame was mainly developed for use as an On-Camera... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JohanBertilsdotter, May 4, 2020.

1. HDR To monitor thats not support HDR flag in the EDID handshake

I have small HDR Monitor from Atomos. Sad its not possible

Unfortunately, the Ninja Flame was mainly developed for use as an On-Camera Monitor/Recorder, so it's geared to work with HDMI Video Signals that just get fed out of a Camera without the need of there being specific HDR flags. Computers, on the other hand, are a little more difficult to work with when it comes to outputting HDR Content to a Display as you've already noticed. They require an HDR flag in the EDID handshake, but the Ninja Flame, unfortunately, can't provide one.

I'm wondering is possible in registry or with som tool to force HDR signal to my external monitor when connected Windows 10. Or do i need to get a new graphic card like DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K?

:)

JohanBertilsdotter, May 4, 2020
  2. PDRHDR Win User

HDR on HDR monitor causes issue on secondary, non-HDR monitor

I have an Aorus AD27QD (HDR) monitor as my primary display and an ultrawide 34UM88-P (Non-HDR) as my secondary. If HDR is enabled in windows and I go to a full screen video on the non-HDR monitor after a few seconds it will flicker blue then become severely
    washed out. Coming out of full screen fixes this. If HDR is not enabled full screen shows the colors perfectly normally.

Secondarily, with windows HDR on on the Aorus, the colors dim pretty drastically. HDR content great but anything that isnt HDR is dim enough to make me question if my brightness is turned down. (Its not, its 90/100). The white of a plain browser window
    seems so dim its nearly grey. I also tested this on what I know is a particularly vibrant (non-HDR) . HDR on? Terrible and muted. HDR off? Bright and vibrant.

I have played with in-monitor settings, nvidia control panel, factory reset of monitor, basically everything I can think of. Everything points to it being a windows issue.

I also tried out the suggestions from this post. And it pointed me to this
    set of OS release notes
    which didnt solve my issue either.

I could really use some help because I am really feeling like I wasted my money on this monitor.

PC:

i5 7600k

GTX 1080ti

16GB 3000Hz Corsair RAM

Windows, CPU and GPU on latest drivers available.

Monitors:

LG 34UM88-P (HDMI)

Aorus AD27QD (DisplayPort)

PDRHDR, May 4, 2020
  3. HDR: not supported

Monitor must have HDR and also Graphics card .if either does not have HDR means , then no use

RAJU.MSC.MATHEMATICS, May 4, 2020
  4. HDR To monitor thats not support HDR flag in the EDID handshake

HDR monitor BAD HDR colours.

I have a Samsung C32HG70 2560x1440p 144hz HDR monitor with a Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti connect with displayport 1.4 but with all HDR games the colours are lesser bright and vibrant with windows HDR on or off, and in-game HDR on. The monitor go's in HDR mode wen
    i select HDR. What is the HDR problem here and how can i slove this HDR problem? Even SDR have better colours.

Windows version 1709

Nvidia driver 388.13

Nvidia advanced colours default > 10 bit RGB full.

dxdiag shows HDR is supported

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Type: Full Device

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1B06&SUBSYS_36021462&REV_A1

Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]

Device Problem Code: No Problem

Driver Problem Code: Unknown

Display Memory: 19294 MB

Dedicated Memory: 11132 MB

Shared Memory: 8162 MB

Current Mode: 2560 x 1440 (32 bit) (144Hz)

HDR Support: Supported

Display Topology: Internal

Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G2084_NONE_P2020

Color Primaries: Red(0.679211,0.314953), Green(0.269055,0.667492), Blue(0.152844,0.062023), White Point(0.313977,0.329602)

Display Luminance: Min Luminance = 0.049110, Max Luminance = 603.665771, MaxFullFrameLuminance = 351.250427

Monitor Name: CHG7_C32HG7xQQ (DP)

Monitor Model: C32HG7x

Monitor Id: SAM0E14

Native Mode: 2560 x 1440(p) (143.998Hz)

Output Type: Displayport External

Monitor Advanced Color Capabilities: BT2020RGB BT2020YCC Eotf2084Supported AdvancedColorSupported AdvancedColorEnabled

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

WitcherNoonwraith, May 4, 2020
Thema:

HDR To monitor thats not support HDR flag in the EDID handshake

1. HDR To monitor thats not support HDR flag in the EDID handshake - Similar Threads - HDR monitor thats

2. HDR is not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR is not supported: that is my laptop Legion 5-15IMH05H Lenovo - Type 81Y6 I had HDR working i rested my pc now is not supported. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-is-not-supported/183bc407-5d1e-4f8d-aaa4-338b6a1821f6
  3. HDR is not supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDR is not supported: that is my laptop Legion 5-15IMH05H Lenovo - Type 81Y6 I had HDR working i rested my pc now is not supported. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-is-not-supported/183bc407-5d1e-4f8d-aaa4-338b6a1821f6
  4. HDR not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR not supported: Hello,I recently changed both my computer and my monitor, both of which are compatible with HDR10 Technology. However, on Windows 11, it says that I can't use HDR because it's not supported. In the settings of the monitor itself, HDR appears as 'auto'. When opening DXDIAG, it...
  5. HDR not supported

HDR not supported: Hello,I recently changed both my computer and my monitor, both of which are compatible with HDR10 Technology. However, on Windows 11, it says that I can't use HDR because it's not supported. In the settings of the monitor itself, HDR appears as 'auto'. When opening DXDIAG, it...
  6. HDR not supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR not supported: I have two HDR monitors but recently I found HDR settings say unsupported , why is that ? Windows 11 ProI have Windows 11 updated to latest and AMD GPU updated to latest. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-not-supported/4b1207a0-26e0-497c-a7af-27ac276a606f
  7. HDR not supported

HDR not supported: I have two HDR monitors but recently I found HDR settings say unsupported , why is that ? Windows 11 ProI have Windows 11 updated to latest and AMD GPU updated to latest. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-not-supported/4b1207a0-26e0-497c-a7af-27ac276a606f
  8. HDR support for windows 11

HDR support for windows 11: I search the forum and there are many questions about HDR but I could not find the solution of my issue.I have LG 34WP65C-B that is capable of HDR10. When go to System>Display>HDR. I get Play streaming HDR video not supported, Use HDR not supported. But when I run DxDiag I...
  9. HDR on HDR monitor causes issue on secondary, non-HDR monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR on HDR monitor causes issue on secondary, non-HDR monitor: I have an Aorus AD27QD HDR monitor as my primary display and an ultrawide 34UM88-P Non-HDR as my secondary. If HDR is enabled in windows and I go to a full screen video on the non-HDR monitor after a few seconds it will flicker blue then become severely washed out. Coming...
  10. HDR: not supported

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR: not supported: hello. My computer can not use HDMI when i reinstall windows 10 and i want to know why that happen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-not-supported/43e886f3-86db-435d-8eae-982efb43bfb0