Windows 10: HDR toggles off immediately (40k 60HZ TV)

Discus and support HDR toggles off immediately (40k 60HZ TV) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I connected my PC to my Sony TV (I've used HDR before on Netflix, PS4 etc) today with a HDMI 2.0 cable and I can't toggle HDR on Windows. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BigEmpty_, Jan 14, 2021.

1. HDR toggles off immediately (40k 60HZ TV)

So I connected my PC to my Sony TV (I've used HDR before on Netflix, PS4 etc) today with a HDMI 2.0 cable and I can't toggle HDR on Windows. When I toggle it on, it just switches back to off immediately, and I can't turn it on in games like AC Valhalla. Does anybody have a solution for this? I manually enabled HDR on the TV and the issue still occurs - this DOES change the colouring of the picture but I think it's just a colour effect and not true HDR.

Edit: Windows shows it as being capable of showing HDR but not streaming the video, is this why? https://i.gyazo.com/1989293294a29ee7400271cc56cbdee4.png

submitted by /u/BigEmpty_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BigEmpty_, Jan 14, 2021

2. HDR and WCG will not turn on for 4k 60hz, only 30hz.

Hi there,

I have a gtx 1080ti and a Sony x900e tv. Both support HDR10. However if I set the the refresh rate to 4k @ 60hz via the Nvidia Control Panel Windows 10 won't enable HDR.

If I set it to 30hz, Windows 10 will enable HDR.

My TV is confirmed to be compatible at 4k 60hz HDR while Enhanced Format is enabled.

my set up is 3 monitors (2 24" samsung monitors, and 1 Sony tv which is the main display).

It does work at 1080p @ 60hz for HDR though.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

UmeedMalik, Jan 14, 2021
  3. How to disable HDR toggle within being in HDR mode

Hi,

A short introduction to my problem, and what I've done so far:

1) I've been trying to set up HDR with my PC running to my TV. Both are HDR compatible, I've checked my HDMI cable is HDR capable (successfully connect this to my PS4 Pro and triggers HDR).
    2) Initially, I connect the PC and activated HDR on the TV side (HDR is toggled per HDMI port on my TV). At first, the PC displayed on my TV as expected, but with the HDR toggle inside Windows 10 to off. Naturally, I toggled HDR to on...
    3) Next, my screen went black and the PC disconnected from the TV input. Now, the only way to achieve a picture again is to turn off HDR on the TV side.

My question - firstly, am I missing something in this process with regards HDR working properly, and secondly, is there a way to untoggle the HDR in Windows without have HDR enabled? The option only becomes visible once HDR is enabled.

Thanks, Jonny

Jonny1010101010, Jan 14, 2021
  4. HDR toggles off immediately (40k 60HZ TV)

HDR won't enable!

I have the exact same issue. I'm running a Corsair One with a GTX 1080. I know my TV can output HDR but for some reason any time I turn it on, it immediately toggles back off.

There is no error message that occurs and when I run the Direct X Diagnostic Tool (Recommended by Microsoft here: HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10), there is no actual value for HDR. The "HDR Support"
    value simply isn't in that text file. It does not say "Yes" or "No" as there is no option whatsoever.

I have verified all of my drivers are installed correctly and ensured that I'm using HDR compatible HDMI cables and an HDR compatible TV (Samsung KS8500). There's no visible reason as to why this problem is occuring, but it absolutely is.

Update: I enrolled my PC in the Windows Insiders Program and now when I run the Diagnostic Tool, I do have a listing for "HDR Support: Yes" but when trying to turn on HDR support, the setting still toggles back off.

KatanaSquirrel, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

HDR toggles off immediately (40k 60HZ TV)

1. HDR toggles off immediately (40k 60HZ TV) - Similar Threads - HDR toggles off

2. Remote Desktop doesnt stay on; Toggle immediately switches back to off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop doesnt stay on; Toggle immediately switches back to off.: Ive tried going through CMD, settings, Reg Edit, Messing with network settings, ect to make remote desktop stay on. But still, every time I try to turn it on, it turns back off instantly. Any Advice???PC Specs:Windows 10 Pro - 21H2Ryzen 7 3700xEVGA 2070 Super32gb Corsair...
  3. Remote Desktop doesnt stay on; Toggle immediately switches back to off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop doesnt stay on; Toggle immediately switches back to off.: Ive tried going through CMD, settings, Reg Edit, Messing with network settings, ect to make remote desktop stay on. But still, every time I try to turn it on, it turns back off instantly. Any Advice???PC Specs:Windows 10 Pro - 21H2Ryzen 7 3700xEVGA 2070 Super32gb Corsair...
  4. Windows 10 HDR turns itself off immediately after I toggle it on in display settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 HDR turns itself off immediately after I toggle it on in display settings.: Hello everyone. I'm trying to run my TV at 4k 120hz with HDR but whenever I toggle the HDR switch in windows display settings it doesn't stay on. If I run it at 2k 120hz the HDR stays which is strange. I'm using a Radeon 5700 XT GPU and a new Ultra High Speed HDMI cable, my...
  5. Is there an easy way of toggling HDR on and off?

Is there an easy way of toggling HDR on and off?: I recently got a new monitor that supports HDR - and when I'm actually watching HDR content or gaming it looks fucking amazing, but when I'm not watching HDR (i.e. just on the desktop) it, instead of looking amazing, looks washed out and garbage... From googling around this...
  6. hdr off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdr off: hdr not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-off/a77bf14c-a9ed-4551-acc3-eb913d0b187c
  7. Enabling HDR caps to 60hz?

Enabling HDR caps to 60hz?: I have a Dell s3220dgf thats 1440p and has HDR400. If I enable HDR on the monitor itself the refresh rate is unaffected, but when I go to Windows Settings and turn on windows HD color the refresh rate is dropped down to 60hz even if I go and change it to 164hz, its still...
  8. Windows 10 HDR toggle shortcut?!

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 HDR toggle shortcut?!: Hi all, I'm running Win 10 Pro 1909 and am looking for a much quicker way to toggle HDR on/off. I use HDR when watching content via media player classic but need to disable it afterwards each time as it renders the operating system far too bright and is straining on the...
  9. Windows 10 HDR toggle shortcut?!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 HDR toggle shortcut?!: Hi all, I'm running Win 10 Pro 1909 and am looking for a much quicker way to toggle HDR on/off. I use HDR when watching content via media player classic but need to disable it afterwards each time as it renders the operating system far too bright and is straining on the...
  10. How to disable HDR toggle within being in HDR mode

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How to disable HDR toggle within being in HDR mode: Hi, A short introduction to my problem, and what I've done so far: 1) I've been trying to set up HDR with my PC running to my TV. Both are HDR compatible, I've checked my HDMI cable is HDR capable (successfully connect this to my PS4 Pro and triggers HDR). 2) Initially, I...