Windows 10: HDR too bright

Discus and support HDR too bright in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I always try to turn HDR on but my eyes always get tired quickly and I also get a headache. is there a way to prevent these side effects ? 134355 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by William40, Jun 8, 2019.

1. William40 Win User

HDR too bright

I always try to turn HDR on but my eyes always get tired quickly and I also get a headache. is there a way to prevent these side effects ?

:)

William40, Jun 8, 2019
  2. John Sarc Win User

Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Jun 8, 2019
  3. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jun 8, 2019
  4. HDR too bright

Broken HDR over display port 1.4

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. What is the make and model of your monitor?
    2. Were you able to use HDR, prior to this issue?
    3. Was there any major change or update on your system, before which you were able to use the HDR option over display port 1.4?

Reply with the status of the issue, in-order to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Hope it helps,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 8, 2019
Thema:

HDR too bright

1. HDR too bright - Similar Threads - HDR too bright

2. HDR too bright

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDR too bright: I always try to turn HDR on but my eyes always get tired quickly and I also get a headache. is there a way to prevent these side effects ? 134355
  3. Scree color is too bright and too colorful

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scree color is too bright and too colorful: Split from this thread. SCREEN COLOR IS NO GOOD. TOO BRIGHT AND COLORFUL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scree-color-is-too-bright-and-too-colorful/cad05f58-9288-4db9-9a44-6dc371ee2506
  4. Bad brightness, that means too much brightness with 1903

Bad brightness, that means too much brightness with 1903: the new 1903 version of windows 10 is displayed with an aggressive white brightness for the eyes. No need to try to fix it in the settings! It does not work anymore. The adjustment slider stops responding. I do not want to have to redo settings or reinstall applications, so I...
  5. PPT too bright with projector

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PPT too bright with projector: I made powerpoints with microsoft Windows 10 in surface pro. When showing in the projector (using other surface pro), my powerpoints were too bright. The picture details could not be evaluated. Other people using the same computer for presentation and projector do not suffer...
  6. HDR: not supported

HDR: not supported: hello. My computer can not use HDMI when i reinstall windows 10 and i want to know why that happen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-not-supported/43e886f3-86db-435d-8eae-982efb43bfb0
  7. Fake HDR metadata

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fake HDR metadata: Hi, My windows 10 always send fake hdr metadata 1000/20 metadata instead of the actual MaxCLL/MaxFALL and bogus 1000/0.030 instead of actual Max/Min DL which make HDR content look blindly over bright, while playing the same HDR content with My TV internal player things look...
  8. hdr and gpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hdr and gpu usage: When I put hdr on in windows setting, my gpu usage and temp goes up while im not using any programs.When I use msi afterburner I see it goes to max clock speeds when only using the mouse. As soon as I put hdr off it goes back to normal. Tried different/clean driver and the...
  9. hdr video playback

hdr video playback: how can i remove get rid of or disable hdr video playback in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-video-playback/c00c819b-2593-4f8e-a429-fab53e45b202
  10. windows 10 and HDR

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    windows 10 and HDR: i have the creators update and HDR ready hardware. i want to play a full UHD BR rip. i'm using media player classic home cinema and madVR. should i be using RGB full in the nvidia control panel or one of the ycbcr settings? when i wanted to play an HDR game i had to use ycbcr...