Windows 10: [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

Discus and support [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video, I found that the video image was overexposed. After suspending the video, it could be restored to normal.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Woz_z, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Woz_z Win User

[HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

I turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video, I found that the video image was overexposed. After suspending the video, it could be restored to normal. May I ask why this phenomenon occurs and is it normal?

:)

Woz_z, Dec 14, 2022
  2. ivan_122 Win User

When I play HDR video Windows HDR automatically turns off

The title explains it. I've been trying to watch a 4K film through VLC, and I am able to turn Windows HDR on (meaning my computer should support it), and my TV is 4K (I connected PC to tv via HDMI cable). But when I actually play the video HDR just turns off by itself.

ivan_122, Dec 14, 2022
  3. Zafatta Win User
    Windows wont display 4k and HDR simultaneously.

I recently got a 4k HDR tv (Samsung UE43NU7100). I connect my PC with a normal HD monitor and the 4k HDR tv. When turning on HDR on my tv the resolution of the 4k tv (3840x2160) gets set back to normal HD (1920x1080) in windows settings. Windows is completely
    updated, my AMD Radeon R9 390 8gb graphics card is up to date and supports and displays in 4k when HDR is off. My Xbox one X displays both 4k and HDR perfectly simultaneously. I use a high speed HDMI 2.0 cable. I have no idea why my pc does this and cant find
    anything about windows not being able to do 4k and HDR at the same time. It also doesn't work if I only connect the tv instead of the monitor and tv. Any suggestion?

Zafatta, Dec 14, 2022
  4. [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

HDR won't enable!

Thanks for your suggestion. I lowered the refresh rate to 30 HZ and still could not toggle the HDR switch to on position.

I also checked the play back with powerdvd17. My projector information recognizes 3840 x 2160 p 60 Hz with HDR 10 BT 2020 when I play a 4K HDR source file

Thanks

Rajiv Gupta (rgupta), Dec 14, 2022
Thema:

[HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

1. [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video - Similar Threads - HDR Turn HDR

2. [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [HDR]Turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video: I turn on the HDR when playing 4K HDR video, I found that the video image was overexposed. After suspending the video, it could be restored to normal. May I ask why this phenomenon occurs and is it normal?...
  3. HDR video not playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDR video not playing: The hdr video streaming is supported and is turned on.But it doesnot stream hdr videos. Using Chrome right now and all the battery saving stuffs are turned off. How to fix this ?...
  4. HDR video not playing

HDR video not playing: The hdr video streaming is supported and is turned on.But it doesnot stream hdr videos. Using Chrome right now and all the battery saving stuffs are turned off. How to fix this ?...
  5. When I play HDR video Windows HDR automatically turns off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When I play HDR video Windows HDR automatically turns off: The title explains it. I've been trying to watch a 4K film through VLC, and I am able to turn Windows HDR on meaning my computer should support it, and my TV is 4K I connected PC to tv via HDMI cable. But when I actually play the video HDR just turns off by itself....
  6. When I play HDR video Windows HDR automatically turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I play HDR video Windows HDR automatically turns off: The title explains it. I've been trying to watch a 4K film through VLC, and I am able to turn Windows HDR on meaning my computer should support it, and my TV is 4K I connected PC to tv via HDMI cable. But when I actually play the video HDR just turns off by itself....
  7. When I play HDR video Windows HDR automatically turns off

8. 4k montior with hdr

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    4k montior with hdr: I'm looking at getting a 4k montior, possibly with hdr. When I read about hdr it always talks about brightness and how that plays a critical role. My question is if I don't typically have it too bright does that limit what hdr will do for me? The main reason for it is to play...
  9. Video Card/HDR/4K Questions

Video Card/HDR/4K Questions: At some point I'm probably going to want to get a 2K or 4K monitor, preferably with some version of HDR. I talked on the phone today with 2 EVGA people about HDR and got somewhat-different answers. The question is: Does HDR have to be designed and built into a video card or...
  10. 4k montior with hdr

4k montior with hdr: I'm looking at getting a 4k montior, possibly with hdr. When I read about hdr it always talks about brightness and how that plays a critical role. My question is if I don't typically have it too bright does that limit what hdr will do for me? The main reason for it is to play...